Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 755 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 481 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 478 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1425

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790726 times)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.0 (07.06.2017)
« Reply #2745 on: November 03, 2017, 10:59:06 AM »

Well that's the thing- they have the slightly-higher CR DP costs but they ALSO have low CR/day recovery speeds. So the supply/day recovery cost runs twice as long & expense-wise puts them a tier-higher.
that's not how it works. ^^ the shown supply recovery cost is per deployment, not per day spent recovering the lost CR. the time it takes to do so is already taken into account.

for example, a Wolf with 20% CR cost per deployment, 10% CR recovery per day, and 5 supply recovery cost per deployment will take 2 days to recover the CR lost from being deployed once, consuming 2.5 supplies per day.

sidenote: this does mean that two ships with identical supplies per deployment cost but differing CR per deployment costs will require differing total supplies to recover the same amount of CR, which matters for how much it costs to fully repair salvaged ships, since those always start at 0% CR (or up to 40%, with the related industry skill). this is because the total max CR of the ship that ends up costing more equals a larger number of battle deployments.

fortunately, the ship salvage panel (where you pick which ships you want to recover, and which you leave to be scrapped) already shows the total supply cost for fully repairing each individual ship, so you don't have to do any calculating for this yourself either.

Huh, that might just be a discord I actually use, thanks for pointing it out!
you're welcome! :]

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: November 08, 2017, 10:04:47 PM »

Came by again to say: I think stripping the guidance from the hammerclaw had an unintended consequence: seems like a third of the strikes are duds.
Especially the ones that strike the hull rather than a shield- unless it's a 90* hit it's likely to just 'deflect' and send them reeling, out of control but otherwise unharmed. (usually back into the safety of their formation)
Just watched a hammerhead 'catch' one with its prow, the missile and the destroyer both undamaged and now traveling together, the white oblong nestled like a giant egg amidst the bristles.

Btw, good to know, thanks for correcting me. Opens up my options a bit more when I'm not ruling out ships for the wrong reasons lol.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 10:12:04 PM by Grizzlyadamz »

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: November 09, 2017, 07:42:15 AM »

Came by again to say: I think stripping the guidance from the hammerclaw had an unintended consequence: seems like a third of the strikes are duds.
Especially the ones that strike the hull rather than a shield- unless it's a 90* hit it's likely to just 'deflect' and send them reeling, out of control but otherwise unharmed. (usually back into the safety of their formation)
Just watched a hammerhead 'catch' one with its prow, the missile and the destroyer both undamaged and now traveling together, the white oblong nestled like a giant egg amidst the bristles.

Btw, good to know, thanks for correcting me. Opens up my options a bit more when I'm not ruling out ships for the wrong reasons lol.
HAHAHA! I wish I saw that! XD I've sent a Onslaught back a good 3000+ (insert starsector distance here) because I hit the side. You can actually make it a strong battle tactic if it's the right situation!

I've had the same problems, I just kept forgetting to mention it.
Hi. I exist. Bye.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: November 09, 2017, 11:25:36 AM »

I think stripping the guidance from the hammerclaw had an unintended consequence: seems like a third of the strikes are duds.
i don't think that has anything to do with removing the guidance. rather, all missiles have a 50% (iirc) chance to not explode if they hit something after their engine has died. whether they regularly hit something while flamed out depends on travel time and the range at which the AI uses the missile, both of which are set individually in the ship stats file.

so if that happens often (and assuming it's not supposed to), either travel time should be increased or AI-use range should be decreased, to make the two line up better, even in situations where the enemy tries to back off after the missile has already been fired.
since Cycerin isn't really active here lately, you can easily make the change yourself, if it bothers you.

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: November 10, 2017, 04:34:38 AM »

snip
HAHAHA! I wish I saw that! XD I've sent a Onslaught back a good 3000+ (insert starsector distance here) because I hit the side. You can actually make it a strong battle tactic if it's the right situation!

Hah, what by flanking with the gono? Sounds difficult now that it's slower.

I think stripping the guidance from the hammerclaw had an unintended consequence: seems like a third of the strikes are duds.
i don't think that has anything to do with removing the guidance. rather, all missiles have a 50% (iirc) chance to not explode if they hit something after their engine has died. whether they regularly hit something while flamed out depends on travel time and the range at which the AI uses the missile, both of which are set individually in the ship stats file.

so if that happens often (and assuming it's not supposed to), either travel time should be increased or AI-use range should be decreased, to make the two line up better, even in situations where the enemy tries to back off after the missile has already been fired.
since Cycerin isn't really active here lately, you can easily make the change yourself, if it bothers you.
Yep that does sound about right. Is it just the entry in weapon_data.csv?

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: November 10, 2017, 04:53:48 AM »

Yep that does sound about right. Is it just the entry in weapon_data.csv?
yep. "range" is actual weapon range for non-missile weapons, but only affects AI-usage for missiles. and "flight time" in seconds is the other one.

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: November 10, 2017, 05:08:43 AM »

snip

Hah, what by flanking with the gono? Sounds difficult now that it's slower.
Onslaught did the flanking for me. XD Burn drived right beside me and blazed away at my Paragon. (who in turn was shooting at a robberfly...and not hitting the bloody thing)
Hi. I exist. Bye.

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: November 13, 2017, 07:31:05 PM »

Are the Comet (Small Ballistic) and Bolide (Medium Ballistic) supposed to have limited ammunition?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: November 13, 2017, 08:17:59 PM »

Yes.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: November 14, 2017, 05:08:18 AM »

their limited ammo doesn't doesn't really matter in practise, in my experience. with their slow rate of fire, they'd have to fire continuously for a long time to run out.

facc00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: February 06, 2018, 08:05:09 PM »

Most of the inital post pictures are no longer working.  I am starting a new play through and cannot figure what mod to start with (yes I have the majority of them)  But its there pictrures vs others pictures and this mod even though enabled in the game isnt being considered because I cannot see the ship catalog.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: February 07, 2018, 12:18:11 PM »

Most of the inital post pictures are no longer working.  I am starting a new play through and cannot figure what mod to start with (yes I have the majority of them)  But its there pictrures vs others pictures and this mod even though enabled in the game isnt being considered because I cannot see the ship catalog.
cycerin is not very active currently, so those pics are not likely gonna get fixed anytime soon.

you can just download the mod and look at the actual ship sprites in the mod folder though. you can find them in \Blackrock Drive Yards\graphics\BR\ships.

facc00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: February 07, 2018, 12:46:16 PM »

cycerin is not very active currently, so those pics are not likely gonna get fixed anytime soon.

you can just download the mod and look at the actual ship sprites in the mod folder though. you can find them in \Blackrock Drive Yards\graphics\BR\ships.

Thanks l will check that out!

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.1 (23.03.2018)
« Reply #2758 on: March 23, 2018, 08:11:32 AM »

Hey, it's been a while. Dropping a long-due fix/balance patch here - no new content, main changes are tweaks, balance, and a fix for the Version Checker file being bugged out by Dropbox's big change in 2017. Also, I went ahead and rehosted the pics in the OP.

DOWNLOAD
Mod version 0.9.1
Changelog:
Spoiler
- Fixed version file dependency
- Increased Hammerclaw engine burn time so it's less likely to whiff
- Reduced incidence of pirate BRDY ships in generic pirate fleets
- Bolide Heavy Artillery: Frag damage on hit to 200-400 (was 100-200), projectile speed very slightly increased
- Comet Light Artillery: Slight stat adjustments, Frag damage on hit to 75-150 (was 50-100)
- Taipan Heavy Interceptor: Focused Particle Lance EMP DPS to 200 (was 120), Armor to 150 (was 100), Hull to 400 (was 450), Accel/Decel slightly buffed
* OP cost reduced to 9 (was 10)
* Dart SRM Rack now shoots 1 additional missile per burst (the fighter specific Dart version)
- Nadir Defense Fighter: OP cost reduced to 13 (was 14), Tackler HAC proj speed increased to 750 (was 700)
- Serket Phase Fighter: Roam range normalized to 4000 (was 5000)
- Hawkmoth Heavy Tanker: Fuel Capacity reduced to 900 (was 1200), Cargo Capacity reduced to 175 (was 250), Turn Acceleration/Turn Rate reduced by a small but significant amount
- Krait Heavy Fighter:
* Stat adjustments: Speed decreased to 160 (was 175), no longer has Resistant Flux Conduits (more vulnerable to EMP)
* Replaced twin INM Assault Guns with a comparable built-in weapon with less range, more inaccuracy and smaller magazines
* OP Cost increased to 15 (was 14)
- Vespa Torpedo Bomber: OP cost increased to 20 (was 16), HP changed to 350 (was 450)
- Reduced the base credits value of most large weapons somewhat
- Gale Battery: Flux/shot to 450 from 500
- Burst Cannon: Base Range to 650 from 700
- Ferrocannon: Flux/shot to 750 from 800
- Kurmaraja: Shipsystem renamed to Brakefield Emitter
* Kurmaraja Acceleration and Deceleration lowered slightly
- Stenos: Shield Ratio to 0.8 from 0.85, Shield Upkeep to 0.55 from 0.50
- Eurypterus: Shield Radius to 120 from 90
[close]

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.1 (23.03.2018)
« Reply #2759 on: March 23, 2018, 08:14:03 AM »

HE LIVES!

Good job surprising me Cy. If I was drinking something I would be cleaning my device right now.
Hi. I exist. Bye.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 209