Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 754 (23.7%)
More weapons
- 480 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 477 (15%)
Space monsters
- 705 (22.1%)
More lore
- 207 (6.5%)
More music
- 131 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 277 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1424

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 209

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1790337 times)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.7.3 - New star system!
« Reply #1530 on: March 08, 2015, 11:42:23 AM »

That looks more Templar than BRDY to me. :-\

jeffg10

• Ensign
  • Cheesus Crust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: March 08, 2015, 12:01:09 PM »

hey, I don't mean to incroach again but do you know of a way to raise the ingame memory above 1024m without the game freaking out? (refusing to start)
I run it on a 64 bit windows 7 computer and despite several attempts to raise it above 1024m in the vmparams file the game freaks and does not even start when i run the file, this has led to a lot of out of memmory errors (i think that's whats doing it?) but i can't find a single solution any where on the forum,  I would ask in the I.T. secton of the forum but last time i did that the results where less then stellar.... besides since it's a mod related problem (exceeding the max memmory) they would mostlikely just tell me to go but the modding forum  :-\
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:06:01 PM by jeffg10 »
"Someone else might have wept or screamed in frustration or even given up right there and perished. But I didn't have the right to do any of those things, not while my people were in danger. Like it or not, I would have to explore this harsh world on my own."

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: March 08, 2015, 12:43:45 PM »

New ship, the Megaceras-class Armed Courier. Sprite's not 100% final.

It's a freight ship designed for the Sector as opposed to hailing from safer days, so it's basically a destroyer with a big cargo/crew/fuel capacity but a logistics footprint that's above that of a combat destroyer or freighter of similar strength. It's got good engine stats without a mobility system and a drone bay with small Shredder-armed drones. It's also compact.

Looks nice! A BRDY mule-alike then?

Any chance of a cruiser in the Scarab/Scorpion vein that's both combat-focused & safe to hand over to the AI? I love the Sthenos to bits but its a bit do-or-die for computer control.

hey, I don't mean to incroach again but do you know of a way to raise the ingame memory above 1024m without the game freaking out? (refusing to start)
I run it on a 64 bit windows 7 computer and despite several attempts to raise it above 1024m in the vmparams file the game freaks and does not even start when i run the file, this has led to a lot of out of memmory errors (i think that's whats doing it?) but i can't find a single solution any where on the forum,  I would ask in the I.T. secton of the forum but last time i did that the results where less then stellar.... besides since it's a mod related problem (exceeding the max memmory) they would mostlikely just tell me to go but the modding forum  :-\
You need to make the game run on 64-bit java, as it comes with 32-bit java by default.

Dark.Revenant has plenty of info on that on the SS+ thread.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: March 08, 2015, 02:40:50 PM »

That looks more Templar than BRDY to me. :-\

Independent contractor? Got the same feeling.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:44:18 PM by Sabaton »

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: March 08, 2015, 02:51:37 PM »

The ship needs color correction and shading etc. to blend in with the other sprites.

Okay, these prices were collected over a couple of weeks in January of Cycle 212 on a level 46 character with reputation between 95-100 with BRDY, TriTach, and Hegemony.  All these prices are from the civilian market only, not the military market or black market, although I will get those too if it will help any.  Naturally I can't collect all the prices at the same time because Rama is so huge it takes a week or more to travel from one market to the next.

Staalo has a stability of 4, and I see food shortages here more than any other planet in the system.
There are 329 supplies going for 77 credits, 45 fuel going for 177, 116 food going for 115, 727 green crew for 47, 28 regular crew for 95, and 3 veteran crew for 190.

Moria has a stability of 6, this is counting a -1 from smuggling which doesn't seem to go away because a year or more ago I bought some Sunfires and Sunjets off the black market here.
There are 655 supplies going for 50 credits, 87 fuel going for 156 credits, 89 food for 105, 1724 green crew for 34, 155 regular crew for 68, 29 veterans for 137, and 3 elites for 274.

Thalm has a stability of 6 and gets its trade disrupted more than any other planet.
There are 49 supplies going for 56, 111 fuel going for 166, 29 food going for 80, 1423 green crew for 42, 91 regular crew for 85, and 9 veterans for 170.

The system seems to have stabilized from the wild swingy way the balance of power was shifting in the early levels.  At least, I'm not seeing the price of supplies on Jangala going from 40 to 100 from one week to the next like I did for the first few months of game time unless Jangala itself has a "trade disruption" event.

If you want I will sit in Rama for a few months and count how many events each location gets.

Nice, good to know! That's fairly good. Strange how they all stabilized so well.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: March 08, 2015, 09:54:50 PM »

Megaceras w/ some shredder drones. The overall shape of the ship will probably recieve some more work before I'm done

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: March 08, 2015, 11:57:13 PM »

Hawt.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: March 09, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »

Near-final.

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: March 09, 2015, 01:39:51 PM »

Looks nice man!

I think the style fits in.

jeffg10

• Ensign
  • Cheesus Crust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: March 09, 2015, 03:30:06 PM »

Near-final.
yea, I think it looks better with the little vertical / horizontal slat vents. just something to break up the solid white and make it look less like a Templar ship. Awesome ship so far!  :)
"Someone else might have wept or screamed in frustration or even given up right there and perished. But I didn't have the right to do any of those things, not while my people were in danger. Like it or not, I would have to explore this harsh world on my own."

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: March 09, 2015, 04:31:04 PM »

Looks great!

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: March 10, 2015, 02:25:44 AM »

This will compliment the silverfish just fine, Cetonia replacer much?

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: March 10, 2015, 07:02:16 AM »

Near-final.
The white boxes on the wings seem to pop out quite a bit- they don't feel like they're a feature of the surface.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: March 10, 2015, 11:34:40 AM »

It's not a Cetonia replacement, the Cetonia is a freighter with high base burnspeed, and this is an overpriced multirole ship that doubles as a fast light freighter and a survivable light destroyer. It's very fast for a destroyer, has a decent shield by BRDY standards (0.9) and lots of Universal small slots, making it a lot like a huge Silverfish. Bad news though, you'll have to pay 5 supplies/day for that 200 cargo space, 5 burn and Hammerhead-like combat performance. The starting idea was to create something like the Argosy from Escape Velocity 1.

The white boxes on the wings seem to pop out quite a bit- they don't feel like they're a feature of the surface.

Yeah, it's one of the things that need some further polish. Apart from that, I'm glad you like the sprite! It's becoming a challenge to evolve my art style while still keeping the faction cohesive. A lot of things I used to do a lot, I never do anymore, like using black outlines - the engame might be to have to redo all the older sprites, which I don't look forward to that much...

Here's the WIP changelog for 0.7.4, by the way:

Spoiler

- Added Megaceras-class Combat Freighter and Shredder Drones system
- New Impossible-difficulty Mission: Awakening the Beast
- Imaginos changes:
- Rift Cannon revamp: prefire delay to 0.05 seconds (from 0.95 seconds) and lowered damage per shot from 215 to 110. Now operates like the Autopulse laser on a charge-limited system (this is mainly to make the ship better in AI hands and less clunky to pilot)
- Reduced the EMP damage done by the Rift Cannon, and instead changed the Imaginos' built-in beams.
- Built-in beams deal energy + EMP damage + different look/sfx and some other changes. Good for up-close knife fighting.
- Increased overall damage done by the Imaginos' Scalar Rejector, especially when you get a massive explosion, but lowered emp damage
- Slightly lowered Scalar Deracinator (small) damage and emp damage
- Increased Imaginos supplies/day by 0.5
- Changed Ferrocannon: 15% less shot damage, ~20% lower cooldown between shots, ~15% lower flux per shot (This is to make it less powerful when you field 4 of them on the Karkinos, and more powerful if you have one or two)
- Nerfed Achilles MRM ammo to 5 for 6op version and 12 for 12op version, fragmentation damage to 350 per MIRV from 400, and MIRV health down to 180 from 240. Increased refire delay to 10 seconds.
- Lowered charge replenish rate for Stenos Autoloader system to 0.1 from 0.2 ( 10 seconds per charge)
- Increased Stenos flux dissipation by 10, lowered flux capacity by 400
- Increased Stenos hull strength by 500
- Added regenerating ammo to 8OP Dart SRM launcher that lets it fire at roughly 50% dps when empty, but not to the 4OP one. Also boosted ammo on the 4OP Dart SRM by 30%.
- Increased Knight flux cap by 100
- Lowered Karkinos flux dissipation by 50
- Fixed some descriptions in Rama
- Made BRDY engines slightly warmer in color
- Added CR timers to BRDY capital ships
- Changed Cetonia stats to be a more clean cut freighter now that Megaceras exists
- Adjusted Convergence sprite
- New INM Assault Gun sfx
- Polished Gale Cannon sfx
- Adjusted some Imaginos sound/hullstyle things
- Adjusted Imaginos and Karkinos variants
- Adjusted some ship mass values
[close]

Things that might make it into this version:
- Cetonia redesign (sprite/ship)
- New small ballistic weapon
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:51:38 AM by Cycerin »

Mazuo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: March 10, 2015, 08:59:26 PM »

All the notes there look really good.  Especially like the Rift Cannon and Ferrocannon rebalancing and some of the SFX changes I expect to improve upon what was already quite good.

While we're speaking of the Cetonia and freighters in general, is it the base game or BRDY that makes them so hesitant to get in a fight?  It's been a little while since I last played with either a Cetonia or Typheus, but even direct orders to intercept or engage were frequently ignored to the point of not even getting close enough to snipe with longer range weapons.  I know they shouldn't knife-fight unless they just can't get away from a faster ship, but they seemed really reluctant to even participate which can be rough early game when you need a little extra firepower and screening for your frigates.

I'm going off some fading memories though, so let me know if I'm confused in how they currently behave.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 209