Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Star Control 2 -> UQM (the non-starsector version) : 0.54.1a Compatible  (Read 52020 times)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile

While ive been working on the Star Treker mod, i've gotten alot interested in a Star Control mod, Trylobot a long time ago released a version and assimilated the ships into a starsector like theme.

Personally love the mod and the way he made it work, but theres so much more that can be done, a campaign for example just to name one. Right now im using hes materials instead starting from scratch and slowly changing them into a more Star Control like build. Right now i got music in and a working shell based on hes build here and slowly been converting the ships.

DOWNLOAD (Current version 0.7.0.0).

Right now:
Playable normal Campaign with 2 factions of Star Control 2.
Quite possibly compatible with almost any other mod out there.
All 4 mission were done by Trylobot, Same with some weapons and the Stats conversion, Credits goes to him.
The stations also have the same "looks" as the old one on Star Control 2.
There's more then a dozen remixed music tracks from the original Star Control on the combat, campaign and menu screens.

A new menu title with cool Star Control 2 asteroids.
Spoiler
[close]
Star Control like engines and giant missiles with half a ship size
Spoiler
[close]
Overpowered player ship to go around in the campaign (should be compatible with almost all mods out there) Its still on the mod but not available for now.
Spoiler
[close]
More proves the Flagship is overpowered
Spoiler
[close]

EDIT: Updated Screenshots.

Known Problems:
On the second post.

Still Missing:
All ships from Star Control;
Some mechanics are still impossible on StarSector;
Star Control ships on the Campaign, select what faction will you support, or simply run wild without faction, something that never happened on the Original.;

Disclaimer: Anyone is free to use or modify any and all code used to their own mods, i do not mind sharing what i make, there's only one detail DO NOT use any materials i credit made by someone else who kindly borrowed me without thanking/asking the original owner.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 11:46:03 AM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Star Control 2 (the non-star farer version)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 02:33:57 PM »

LIST OF KNOWN MISSING/NOT WORKING 100% "STUFF":

On All ships:
Changes on Engines and Weapons might occur every patch/update, main reason is due to the added Armor that doesn't exist on Star Control ships, the main reason for the Armor is the asteroid abundance hitting the ships cause massive damage if it has low Armor, Weapons need to be able to do the "converted (Trylobot conversion from SC2 to StarSector stats)" amount of damage must include the Armor Penetration on all ships (the amount of armor on all ships is 500).

Current Ship list in the game on 0.3.0.1:
"Flagship"
"Autonomous Fighter"
"Cruiser"
"Nemesis"
"Trader"
"Terminator"
"X-Wing"
"Y-Wing"
"Eluder"
"Intruder"
"Dreadnought"
"Avenger"
"Nemesis Marine"
"Avatar"
"ZapSat"
"Scout"
"Stinger"
"Podship"
"Marauder"
"Skiff"
"Probe"
"Shuttle Pod"

Orange colored are extra ships/drones.

Known Ship Problems:
"Flagship"
-Changed the with weapon mounts to actually add the same weapons as modules you can buy on Star Control, some modules would give extra Fuel reserve/more Crew (HP)/bigger cargo hold but right now StarSector doesn't support this;
"Nemesis"
-Nemesis Marines should enter the enemy vessel then depending how many marines were inside the vessel and using a chance of 50% chance 357 hull is taken, 43.75% chance nothing happens, 6.25% chance a marine dies, every second.
-Every Nemesis Marine Drone should remove 357 hull from the Nemesis per unit.
"Trader"
-Its main weapon has 4 stages, if you fire in the 1st stage charge it should have that stages projectile and so on...
-Its main weapon projectile should be charged in front of the ship like a separated object (and also could hit any vessel that tries to melee it)
"Terminator"
-Shield should be instant and can not be pulled up like a normal shield, instead should only come up like a shipsystem fortress shield Part working
"X-Wing" & "Y-Wing"
-They should be the same ship with different hull transformation x-wing changes into y-wing form and vice-verse
"Intruder"
-Secondary weapon right now isnt a perfect replica, while does almost of what is intended, AI doesn't use it for some reason.
"Dreadnought"
-FLAT projectiles (fixed once the new version is out) Fixed.
-Every fighter release should be a penalty of 357 hull for the dreadnought, once the fighter returns, so is the hull repaired for the same amount for each fighter.
"Avenger"
-Clock should actually allow to get hit and all ships should not detect it while in cloak.
"Avatar"
-No laser sound
-No Tractor beam
"Scout"
- Its not used by the AI.
"Podship"
-The plasmoid should decay in damage after X Seconds (should have a total of 4 stages, each stage it shows more decayed (like a new projectile with less damage)) note: i might try making a MIRV missile that shoots another MIRV missile and so on..., it doesnt work since it wont shoot the next projectile based on time, instead of proximity
-Secondary weapon allows you to spend half the flux for hull heal, making it impossible in the current StarSector client. Fixed, Thanks LazyWizard.
"Marauder"
-Spinblades dont spin, also they should travel as long as you pull the trigger, kinda like how the Trader weapon works, stopping once you release the trigger. They also work like a mine once released.
-FRIED is a flare system that is almost working like intended but the flares should fade after 2/1.5 seconds...
"Skiff"
-Teleports you out of the combat area
-Engine should be completely ignore gravity
"Probe"
-Engine should be completely ignore gravity like the Skiff AND should randomly move in a diagonal direction depending on the direction the player pressed.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:50:03 AM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »

Updated Topic, Mod current version: 0.2.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 05:51:57 PM »

Small Update to 0.2.1

Big update on the topic.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 11:33:02 PM »

That`s because the game thinks that those ships are civilian (build_ins cost you nothing - no or low OPs spend on weapons = civilian ship).

Switch them to hidden, give them some OPs and make this mod a total conversion if you don`t like those weapons to be randomly spawned in campaign.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 03:35:58 AM »

They are hidden with the exception of the Orz ship that has a turret also all ships have 500 OP, just no extra weapons, only Build_ins...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 04:16:31 AM »

AI considers BUILT_IN weapons as costing nothing.

I meant make them hidden and assign them a class (BALLISTIC, ENERGY, MISSILE). This way your 500 ops will be seen.

Sorry, i just forgot to write that in my post :)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 09:14:25 AM »

Quick Question, can Stars be add-able like Planets on missions?

Nevermind i found out that you can add them as Planets, this also means you can make a solar system into planet with moons around it. An example would be a huge gas planet like Jupiter with 4 Major moons and a few smaller ones around it
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 09:21:44 AM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 09:26:33 AM »

RELEASED NEW VERSION! 0.2.2

New ship the Ilwrath Avenger!
Missions now have a chance of instead of a random planet, a Sun with 5 different colors appear in the middle!
Few minor adjustments on several ships.
New shuttle pod!

Spoiler
[close]
Green sun and a menace in cloak!

Spoiler
[close]
Fiery weapon of doom.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:23:44 PM by silentstormpt »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 10:02:15 AM »

AI considers BUILT_IN weapons as costing nothing.

I meant make them hidden and assign them a class (BALLISTIC, ENERGY, MISSILE). This way your 500 ops will be seen.

Sorry, i just forgot to write that in my post :)

Just FYI: this is not true. It'll count built-in weapons for determining whether something is civilian or not.

I'd set all the ships to "FRIGATE" and make sure the built-in weapons are at least medium-sized - should have no problems with "erroneous civilian" classifications then.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 10:03:45 AM »

Oh great! thanks!
Also i got a question about the "Flat" projectiles, is there a way to make them the exact size as the image they are linked to?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:06:53 AM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 12:44:21 PM »

New UPDATE!

Fixed the Avenger not doing damage...
Fixed all ships from retreating because the ships were considered "civillian" (Thanks Alex)..
Few minor changes in the weapons, and shipsystems...
Added a Orz Nemesis Marine that will be used as a "drone" from the Orz Nemesis.
Updated the Title, can be seen in the  1st screenshot.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:46:31 PM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 03:25:59 PM »

0.2.3 is OUT:

Introduces the Chmmr Avatar with functioning Zapsats!
Spoiler
[close]

Note1: Due to the lack of gravity element on Star Farer, i didnt include the Tractor Beam for obvious reasons.
Note2: ZapSats cant maintain a perfect orbit around the Avatar, tried to change their speed numerous times but at no avail, they stay in range at all times tho.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 11:45:21 PM »

For now to fix the flat projectile issue you`ll have to stretch your projectile while keeping the whole image squarish.

Just open your projectiles, stretch the projectile. Test it in game. Repeat until it gets round/as_intended in game.

Save your original projectile image somewhere as this issue is going to be fixed in future updates.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 11:50:14 PM »

For your Avatar - set its beam texturetype to ROUGH and texturescroll speed to something low (like 128 or 256 or even a negative value). This wont make the beam to 'vaporise the void' around it, but it will look nicer.

Also you can try to add animationType MUZZLE_FLASH and make it really long. This may imitate those fancy particles around the beam. Not sure if this works with beams at all :)

Here, try this:

"animationType":"MUZZLE_FLASH",
   "muzzleFlashSpec":{"length":120.0,   # only used if animationType = MUZZLE_FLASH
                  "spread":2.0,
                  "particleSizeMin":12.0,
                  "particleSizeRange":16.0,
                  "particleDuration":0.75,
                  "particleCount":33,
                  "particleColor":[255,100,0,255]},   
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:52:20 PM by Okim »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5