Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Star Control 2 -> UQM (the non-starsector version) : 0.54.1a Compatible  (Read 51938 times)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile

My plan for the Arilou is to give it the maximum possible acceleration; since Starsector uses "Vector2f" for its cartesian maths, it's probably safe to assume it uses floats.
According to this page: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/Float.html
The highest positive finite value a float in Java can represent is Float.MAX_VALUE; (2-2^-23)*2^127, Or 340282346638528859811704183484516925440.
I would suggest using that value for acceleration and deceleration for the ship. Then, you use an appropriate value for max speed; should be able to derive a value from the speed ranking tables or the speed value in pixels per frame given by the UQM stats sheets.

This will effectively simulate the inertialess drive; effectively, having infinite acceleration (zero inertia).

You'll then also have to give it "infinite friction." You can do this, I'm told, by creating a special "captain's skill" and making sure than any Arilou ships spawned have this skill associated with them always. In missions this is easy; not sure if it's possible in campaign.

I was planing to have a EveryFrameCombatPlugin to simulate SC2 movement, but there are some problems for this, moving backwards for example...

Due to problems with armor in the damage calcs, i decided to remove it all together and instead, set everything to ENERGY, this will make sure the damage is exact. Ramming damage is still a problem ofc.
While i followed ur notes, ive changed how the following are converted:

1 Crew = 1000 hp
1 Energy = 100 Flux cap.

With these 2, had to change the flux disp.

EDIT: Feel free to use any of the mod parts to ur mods, i recommend a look on the Traders primary weapon, while not 100% its very very close, if you do find a solution to fix it please say something, ive wasted way to many hours trying to make it work.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:54:44 PM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Star Control 2 -> UQM (the non-starsector version) : 0.54.1a Compatible
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2013, 06:52:18 PM »

Once i get myself some courage, ill update this and add the massive number of worlds needed to be as close as possible to the original game. Still doesnt support 0.6a

Original Games Map.
List of star data...
List of star names...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:25:27 AM by silentstormpt »

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2013, 09:25:21 PM »

I loved UQM with a passion and can't wait to see it in 6a, ( you may want wait till 6a.1 though invade any important coding changes and screws with your work.) I wish I could help you, but I jut started computer programming and know .00001% on how it works. None the less if I can help somehow I'd be happy to!
 Good luck with this'
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 07:36:49 PM »

Work in progress

Spoiler

[close]

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2013, 11:25:08 AM »

Work in progress

Spoiler

[close]

That, is freaking epic. My god this mod will be so awesome when its done. Not gonna hold my breath for it because its probably going to be a while, but still! Our solar system looks good.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Zakarn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2015, 08:20:28 PM »

How is this coming? Would love to see it when its done!

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2015, 08:24:04 PM »

This has been nonfunctional, and abandoned, for over 20 months, man.

digs up grave
hey guys how's work coming along

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2015, 10:49:27 PM »

Legendary necro
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]