Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Star Control 2 -> UQM (the non-starsector version) : 0.54.1a Compatible  (Read 52023 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Star Control 2 (the non-star farer version)
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 05:01:26 AM »

The Buzzsaws dont spin (idk how i can make them do it without resorting into change the engine location making it go to random locations) and it doesnt have the option of stop moving after firing ofc...

Just a thought that i wanted to try out for myself, but had no time.

A missile projectile has several entries that govern its speed. The first and second are listed in weapons.csv file. These are launch speed and maximum speed. The others are specified in missile`s projectile file. They are acceleration and deceleration.

Try setting maximum speed and acceleration to 0 while giving deceleration some value. This should stop your projectile at some point.

You can make a mirw proximity fuse for your saws to imitate its homing. The parent projectile should be a slowly stopping unguided saw with a single MIRV warhead. As soon as it gets in the range of any enemy ship (or vice versa in case if its stopped completely) a warhead should shoot towards the target. You can see how mirw missiles are being made by either looking at sabot or hurricane.

To make everything more complex - you can make a saw that flies at certain speed, than at some point (either by proximity or by time. The last i haven`t tried, but looking at flares i think its possible) it 'breaks' into stopping saw that further 'breaks' into homing saw.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 11:58:36 AM »

Thats more or less what i did actually, i just need to change the F.R.I.E.D. system that is a changed Flare system into something more "realistic"

Also MIRV type only releases based on proximity and doesn't really fix the main point of stop moving after the fire is released, it does create a cool system to try out on mods like the one your working on, an alien projectile that breaks into smaller, and again into even smaller projectiles or a MIRV system that deploy mines after releasing them and finally a MIRV system that deploys bombs, are possibilities of really interesting weapon systems, you can even make flares release a MIRV missile.

Right now the saw weapon is a extremely slow turning missile with proximity detection, once fired it will move on and change the direction very smoothly by a few degrees, almost unseen if you don't know how is that weapon made.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:44:25 PM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »

RELEASED NEW VERSION! 0.2.7 (not yet out, uploading....) dont forget to remove the old folder before adding this mod again.

New ship the Kohr-Ah Marauder.
Few minor adjustments on several ships.

Spoiler
[close]
Kohr-Ah Marauder and its non-so-spining blades

Spoiler
[close]
The F.R.I.E.D. system.

Known Problems:
The spinblades wont stop moving after launched and only spin a little.
Current F.R.I.E.D. system is a flare launcher, and the flares don't fade 2 seconds after launching.

Removed "for now" stuff:
Players no longer have a flagship on the start, since it wasn't compatible with other mods with campaigns, i need some help making the ships available to the player in the abandon station in a way its compatible with grand majority if not all mods.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:38:57 AM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2012, 04:59:15 PM »

RELEASED NEW VERSION! 0.2.8 (not yet out, uploading....)

New ship the Arilou Skiff.
More minor adjustments on several ships and weapons.

Spoiler
[close]
Skiff aimboting with its laser.

Spoiler
[close]
Teleportation!

Known Problems:
Sometimes you teleport a long way out of the battlefield since you have no control over the "random" location you will show up.
The actual movement of the ship should have 0 influence over gravity meaning if you stop the engines it should stop the ship instantly, this is impossible to replicate currently. -> Part fixed, tks tri
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:57:42 PM by silentstormpt »

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2012, 11:15:11 AM »

Known Problems:
The actual movement of the ship should have 0 influence over gravity meaning if you stop the engines it should stop the ship instantly, this is impossible to replicate currently.

Actually, it's not impossible; set acceleration/deceleration to very, very high numbers. Set top speed to whatever speed you want to accelerate to. As long as the accel/decel get applied quickly enough, it will look right.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2012, 06:23:40 PM »

That actually fixed the Avatar sats, they will now 100% follow the avatar ship without a problem, quite amazing to see it in action

Uploading a new version with the new changes on all the engines of all ships, also fixes the Zapsats of the avatar, now its more or less 100% just like the original game.
Few weapon changes, but i noticed that for some reason the avatar laser doesn't make fire sound, tested the soundtrack and it works...

Version now is 2.8.1

Is there a way to make flares fade (or self destroy) 2 seconds after launch? This would fix the Marauder FRIED system.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:30:44 PM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2012, 08:31:05 AM »

Added the second Topic with a list of known problems currently in the mod.

I've asked this before can someone help make this mod compatible (campaign) with most if not all, making some of these ships appear out of no where, like a few korh'ah marauders or a few ur'quan dreadnoughts should make the game/mod interesting

1/10: Managed to make the Marauder Saw projectile spin a little when it has a target close, ofc it will only spin to aim at it like a aimbot then keeps tracking him, its nice to see but it still a shame it doesnt spin normally
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:59:34 PM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 04:11:55 PM »

Updated to work with 0.54

no ships added.

Starting screen now displays ships from Star Control.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Star Control 2 -> UQM (the non-star farer version) : 0.54 Compatible
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2012, 10:31:11 AM »

Ive noticed an error on the current version:

Code
43296 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.nullsuper] with id [] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.nullsuper] with id [] not found
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.N.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.B.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.new.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.super.ÕØÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Anyone know what it is? I think its a wrong hull_id

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 04:40:40 AM »

Secret update in the works!

Spoiler
[close]

I got everything ready, no new ships but it adds something to the campaign, my problem is, besides the null error, the ships with built_in are acting up again to avoid combat, even when their AI is set on suicidal...

EDIT: Using the code from Verrius fleet control as an example, i've created a extra planet and station, 2 new factions, one you can see from the screenshot and guess. Theres quite a few problems i still need fixing.

EDIT2: having trouble making up names for captains and ships for them :S
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:59:46 AM by silentstormpt »

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Star Control 2: UQM (non-star farer version) : 0.54a Compatible
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »

RELEASED 0.3.0.0

Campaign: adds 2 factions to the game from SC2.
Major clean up on the files
Fixed ALOT of crashes....
Now 0.54a Compatible.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2012, 05:34:54 PM »

Updated to 3.1.1

added the Slylandro Probe on both missions and campaign as a random spawn
few changes on the campaign, mainly spawns.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Star Control 2 -> UQM (the non-starsector version) : 0.54a Compatible
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2013, 05:51:15 AM »

Updated the title image, no upload we're made yet, just over on the topic and on my build here

dczanik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »

Very cool!!!

I saw the game had mod support, which got me wondering if anybody had made a Star Control mod. Yep!
Looks amazing!

A lot of the artwork is from my Ur-Quan Masters HD project.  Which is totally cool! We share our stuff so people can make awesome mods like this :)
If there's anything we can do to help you out, just let me know!

For fans of Star Control. You might be interested to know we've released our Ur-Quan Masters HD game. You can download the game here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/urquanmastershd/

Trailer:

I hope to one day make it look as amazing Starsector. Excellent work guys!

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 10:01:14 AM »

Very cool!!!

I saw the game had mod support, which got me wondering if anybody had made a Star Control mod. Yep!
Looks amazing!

A lot of the artwork is from my Ur-Quan Masters HD project.  Which is totally cool! We share our stuff so people can make awesome mods like this :)
If there's anything we can do to help you out, just let me know!

For fans of Star Control. You might be interested to know we've released our Ur-Quan Masters HD game. You can download the game here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/urquanmastershd/

Trailer:

I hope to one day make it look as amazing Starsector. Excellent work guys!

Hey and welcome to the StarFa...Sector *coff* *coff* forums
First of all i am sorry i did not email you or any of the team responsible for making these pieces of art, i did credit however, i am quite happy to see ppl with talent from games like UQM coming here, so far the mod is not exactly balanced and alot of special weapons need custom scripts, arent doable or werent made yet, take the x-form 2 forms for example, right now are 2 different ships.
Once all the ships are in and somewhat close to the original might try getting all the systems in but thats a real work load, im sure u know what i mean since you guys also did the Project 6014? with an complete new map (and a 1/4 of the old one).

There is also another StarSector UQM mod prior to this one made by Trylobot, he allowed me the usage of hes code while i was developing this.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:02:49 AM by silentstormpt »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5