Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Versions, concerning ShaderLib

Fully support ShaderLib - Mod becomes dependant.
- 5 (71.4%)
Make versions with and without ShaderLib support
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.7.2 - Get Up! - Working DEV  (Read 161742 times)

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.6.1
« Reply #300 on: August 30, 2014, 07:15:21 AM »

Update time! It's been a long time coming, and there's not a whole lot to show for the time just yet.

Changes:
Spoiler
Version 1.6.1
   - Added system "OVERDRIVE" for the Dahkan cruiser; Special thanks to Tartiflette and Sundog
   - Adjusted a few of the Dahkans CR stats to compensate
   - Changed the way faction relationships are handled, to a much more efficient method. Faction relations are now set in the modPlugin, just to please myself. Nice and centralised.
   - The ModPlugin is now able to detect the presence of listed mods, and will generate staions, spawnpoints and convoys in modded systems. It's handled case by case, so convoys will carry relevant cargo, and the fleets will spawn appropriately to the system (not spawning too many fleets, or too few, etc).
   - Whilst all gedune stations that spawn in modded (and vanilla) systems send convoys to the Gedune home system, the station there will also send convoys packed with Gedune goodies to each outpost.
   - A bunch of misc changes to ship stats to improve balance.
   - Added Kitsune and Dahaki MKIIs for the future Exile subfaction
   - Changed Gedune built in hullmod icon to something a little more colourful and differnt.
   - Added Exile MkII ships, Kitusne, Dahaki and Bakoros in preparation for the next update.
[close]

The new Exile ships are not yet in the campaign, but you can play with them in the FOR GREATER TESTING mission. There are a few more things in the pipeline, so bear with me.

About the changes to system generation. As yet, the mod only runs extra generations for the SHI, EXI and Citadel (More upcoming yumminess for Citadel, think Exiles) mods.

This mod now also requires ShaderLib, although it's a short process to disable it if you feel the need. Why would you feel the need?!

I've also set things up so that the mod also works with LazyWizzards Version Checker, so check away.

That's about it for now, enjoy the update!

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 31, 2014, 11:17:09 AM »

Well I for one am glad this is getting updated, though I might just be biased about the color...  :P

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 31, 2014, 11:33:56 AM »

It seems the extra generations for Exi doesn't work. Crashed at start of campaign, running SS+, shader and lazylibs.

Code
1728222 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.world.GeduneTasserusGen.advance(GeduneTasserusGen.java:32)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 31, 2014, 12:05:13 PM »

Upon Skype consultation; This bug will only appear if you are also running SS+ and Exigency. As soon as Exi is updated, this bug will vanish.

I'll be releasing a patch/minor update soon with a few more bits and bobs. I'll also outline the biggest changes since the last version, so you guys and gals can have a better idea as what's new.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.7.1
« Reply #304 on: September 03, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »

Another minor update, and time for a recap for those who didn't catch the last few versions changes.

In this update, this happened;

Spoiler
Version 1.7.1
   - Added and removed Tartiflettes Vibrating beam effect to Capacitor Pulse Beams, the java remains for possible later use.
   - Added new mission "Birth" expect more to come!
   - Various tinkerings
   - Completely changed variant IDs to a better system. I can now acutally remeber each variant accurately... Which is a plus.
[close]

And things to look out for in general; The Dahkan has for the past few versions had a new ship system that essentially allows it to eat CR in return for a general increase in combat ability. Great for short fights, not so great for long ones - it is entirely possible for a Dahkan to completely use up its CR and actually die by the hands (Hooves?) of a Buffalo. You'll get the generic CR warning as soon as a Dahkan in your fleet uses its system. The AI is dumb for this system, so keep an eye on them if you don't want to have a supply guzzling monster on your hands. On the other hand, watch out for enemy volleys of blaster bolts.

The Dahkan also switched out its Disruptor array for a Spinal Capcitor Pulse laser a few updates ago, this thing hurts. Especially if its system is active! Insta death for most unshielded frigates.

I've added a few Exile ships this last update, which you can currently only find and play in the Gedune testing mission - they're fun, but also slightly OP... Especially the Kitsune MKII. They'll be fixed asap.

A bunch of other things, I'm horribly lazy you know.

For a few mods, the Gedune will spawn raiding outposts and will send convoys to and from Gedui. The convoys to Gedui are case sensitive, a Convoy from Anar will be laden with lovely SHI stuff. As yet I've not added this functionality for most other mods. Only Exi, Citadel and SHI are included at the moment.

As a parting remark;

EAT PLASMA, HUMANS!

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.7.2 - Hotfix
« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »

Hotfix, silly mistakes.

Edit;

Also, Reithe missiles have some new fancy, go look see.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:30:56 PM by Hyph_K31 »

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.7.2 - Hotfix
« Reply #306 on: September 11, 2014, 09:42:09 AM »

Hey there!

I took the time to update the files Exerelin uses to incorporate this mod, download link is here with instructions enclosed in the README.txt

I've not tested to see if this works as I don't quite have enough time on hand, so if I've made any mistakes please report them here! :D

Hyph, OUT.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.7.2 - Get Up!
« Reply #307 on: January 15, 2015, 01:56:55 PM »

Hyph blows away the dust

Apologies.

It's been a very long time since my last post on this forum, and just as long a time since I've paid any attention to this mod of mine.

So, that said: The Gedune will be returning to StarSector Soontm. It's going to take some time..! I apologise for my sudden absence, and also for the imminent loss of your cargo and ships.

The next update may lose certain features I was working on prior to my unannounced hiatus, as I'm aiming to get the mod functional in campaign and released before all else - fixing/adding all of the new stuff can wait a while.

Hyph out.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2015, 02:14:22 PM »

Looking forward to the Gedune's return!  ;D

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 15, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »

Yep, keep up the good work. Glad to see you back. Perhaps with a new bigger than cruiser Gedune ship ? :p

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 17, 2015, 01:26:29 PM »

Progress update!

I've just about got a version of the mod ready that'll work with the "new" update. Once I'm happy with it I'll post/edit a link to it, just bear in mind that by no means will it be complete; I've not even begun to look at most of the new features.

It's safe to bet that there'll be a playable version ready very soon..! I could release something right now, but the edges would be so rough someone could menace themselves...

Thanks for the encouragement. :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:35:37 PM by Hyph_K31 »

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 18, 2015, 02:15:09 PM »

DEV Download for 0.65.1a

Hello!

Above is a link to the current dev. It is NOT complete by any means: There's tonnes of stuff yet to be added and there are probably more place holders than I care to admit. I decided to release this early since it doesn't crash the game, so please have fun!

Be gentle.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.7.2 - Get Up! - Working DEV
« Reply #312 on: January 18, 2015, 02:19:40 PM »

Anything new to expect besides compatibility?

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 18, 2015, 02:28:50 PM »

NOPE!

Well, maybe. I'd have to compare the two versions to know for sure...

You might see the addition of the new star systems if they weren't there before: Zell, Hellion and Azreoth. I'd advise against going to Hellion for now; the number of asteroids there can and probably will cause severe lag.

You should probably avoid the Gedune systems altogether ;) I get the feeling I need to tone the asteroids down for all of them since the update.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 18, 2015, 02:40:54 PM »

I've uploaded a quick fix for the asteroid belt issues.

Sorry about that :)

Download Here

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22