Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.53.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 167922 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.53.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2012, 02:42:07 PM »

Alex, don't give us patch notes

just one day say 'hai guise, here's starfarer 0.7 or summing' or give us SUSPENSEFUL INFOMASHUN
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2012, 03:06:13 PM »

Wasn't asking for patch notes, just anything in general (more specific than "campaign features", at least) about the next update.  This shall keep me up for a few nights now. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2012, 03:07:41 PM »

Yesss. Suspenseful stuff. Like "I am most definitely not adding multiple systems" :P

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2012, 03:09:59 PM »

Yesss. Suspenseful stuff. Like "I am most definitely not adding multiple systems" :P
'No character story and faction background lore here' Ivaylo
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 20, 2012, 03:29:07 AM »

I just removed fourteen consecutive off-topic posts made overnight. "Red paint," people? [-sigh-]

I am reminding everyone in this thread for the second time to avoid straying.

If it's directly relevant to content in the current 0.53.1a patch, yes by all means feel free to post it here. If it's not about the current 0.53.1a patch, it doesn't belong in this thread. Of course there is some leeway granted here (we're not ogres) but unfortunately I see that freely giving folks the proverbial inch is resulting in them taking a mile.

Future transgressions in Alex's threads are not going to be so pain-free in the future for those who insist on committing them.

Cluttering up the patch notes / development topics is a hassle for him and it needlessly burns his valuable work time to wade through any comedic hurr-durr'ing or unrelated speculation that's left here. Make a new thread, or post in a different relevant one, on another of our subforums if need be. Thank you.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2012, 03:52:25 AM »

if i comment on the above would that count as on topic or should i make another thread for that

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2012, 04:14:44 AM »

if i comment on the above would that count as on topic or should i make another thread for that

Neither. I'd prefer that you just PM me instead, so this rerailed train can stay rerailed. Thanks, Matt.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2012, 07:44:50 AM »

If I can take this opportunity to say something related, in a place where hopefully a good number of people will see it:

Please keep threads in the "Bug Reports" section of the forum on-topic. I've got to read and address these every day before I can make any forward progress in development, and lately there has been a lot of going off-topic. The latest example: here. See other recently-locked threads on that board for more.

Cluttering up this section has a real impact on the time I get to spend actually working on the game. Worse yet, it's harder to keep track of all the issues and make sure I don't miss anything. If you want to say something like "I ran into this bug too", that's fine and actually useful. But going off on a tangent - one that would be absolutely fine in any other section of the forum - is really detrimental there.

Thanks for understanding. Again, this has only become a problem recently, and I'd like to address it before it grows.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:47:06 AM by Alex »

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 20, 2012, 08:37:02 AM »

Im really loving the small slot reapers after this update, the fact that they are now just 2 OP (Previous patch) AND that they now have more health so that they dont get shot down to easily makes them my goto missile on most frigates - destroyers. 4000 damage for just 2 OP? YES PLEASE!

moontan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 20, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »

found a bug:

i fly 1 Shade, with 2 Medusas and one Tachyon Cruiser.

i like to use the Augmented Engines on the Cruiser for long treks between planets.
but sometimes, the effect of the Augmented Engine do not 'stick'.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 20, 2012, 08:43:51 PM »

Are you aware that the ship has to finish being refitted before hullmods take effect? This happens instantly if done at a station, but takes a few game days when done out in space.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 20, 2012, 09:35:33 PM »

I really think the apogee ai should be far less eager to set its sensor drones to free roam... Especially with the apogee's excellent shield that covers their holding pattern. Actually, is there a way to mod out free roam for a specific system, because i'd love to just get rid of it all together because now and then i lose all my drones this way even when piloting it myself.

moontan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 20, 2012, 09:50:27 PM »

Are you aware that the ship has to finish being refitted before hullmods take effect? This happens instantly if done at a station, but takes a few game days when done out in space.

yes but even at station it doesn't always work instantly.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2012, 05:28:52 AM »

Alex, can you post please original Engine Styles like LOW_TECH, HIGH_TECH & etc?

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »

I really think the apogee ai should be far less eager to set its sensor drones to free roam... Especially with the apogee's excellent shield that covers their holding pattern. Actually, is there a way to mod out free roam for a specific system, because i'd love to just get rid of it all together because now and then i lose all my drones this way even when piloting it myself.

Yeah, there is - uncomment:
Code
#"allowFreeRoam":false,
in drone_sensor.system.

Actually went back and forth on that myself, but decided to leave it in as it's a useful tactical capability for the player, but you're right, the AI loses them way too fast.

yes but even at station it doesn't always work instantly.

Can you provide a bit more context or, ideally, the steps to reproduce? It seems to work fine in the general case, so it's tough to see what's going on without knowing exactly what you're doing.

Alex, can you post please original Engine Styles like LOW_TECH, HIGH_TECH & etc?

They're in the code, and it's kind of a pain to extract. Here are some of the colors, though:
Spoiler
LOW_TECH:
Engine: 255,125,25,255
Trail: 50,50,50,50

MIDLINE:
Engine: 255,145,75,255
Trail: 100,100,100,25

HIGH_TECH:
Engine: 100,165,255,255
Trail: 100,165,255,25
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23