Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (v2.7.4)  (Read 387164 times)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Trylobot's ship editor (2.4.5)
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2012, 12:11:16 AM »

Wow, nice work Trylobot. :)

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 01:24:56 AM »

Trylobot.......... You are the king of awesomeness, congrats to it ;), (and do you mind if o incorporate this editor into my mod, with proper credit, ofcourse)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 01:28:11 AM »

Bloody éll this is AWESOME!  Hey, i got idea for you  :P Would it be possible for you to make weapon editor like this?
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 01:35:13 AM »

Bloody éll this is AWESOME!  Hey, i got idea for you  :P Would it be possible for you to make weapon editor like this?

That would be.................... Awesomesauce ;D

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2012, 01:39:57 AM »

Shhhhhh let him think... @Upgradecap dude c'mon lets buy lots of candy, milka chocolate, mocart and rafaelo thingys and ofter him like tribute... Hehehehehe perfect plan, who can resist tons of candy! :P

Unless he dont like candy! :o
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

InfinitySquared

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2012, 02:33:45 AM »

*me bows down to his new deity*

This is amazing dude! I've got a few suggestions though: I feel that the HullId could be calculated automatically in the variant tab, since you're already working with a ship loaded. Also, can we have the ship image be loaded automatically?

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2012, 10:32:07 AM »

Firstly: thank you, Trylobot!  :)

Version 1.9 of this editor reportedly now has to be placed in the same directory in which Starfarer is, right?

On a Mac, which folder would that be in??? Because when I open Starfarer.app to look inside, there is no subdirectory within it called "starfarer-core" -- that seems to be a Windows-only filenaming convention for the game.

If the editor's .exe needs to live in the same folder where all of the primary moddable data of interest lives (subfolders for hulls, variants, weapons, etc.), in Mac Starfarer that directory path is:

Starfarer.app/Contents/Resources/Java/data/

If this is wrong, then what is the proper location in which to place the editor before running it? Every time I try running the editor, it says there is no copy of starfarer-core at whichever location I try pointing it towards. Is it simply looking for a folder with that exact title? If so, it'll never find one in the Mac version of the game. But there have reportedly been Mac Starfarer players who say they've gotten this ship editor to run, so I figure it must be possible, somehow...

Or is there some other aspect of Mac Starfarer's guts that the ship editor needs to be pointed to instead of the above? If so, which?

Crossover Games (which includes Wine) opens the ship editor just fine, though. Now, it's just a question of pointing it to the place where it expects to find what it requires to run. Please help!  Thanks.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2012, 11:33:53 AM »

Would it be possible for you to make weapon editor like this?
I've thought about it, and it is of course possible. Just an issue of time, really, and how many aspects of the weapon data would be directly editable. It would probably be sort of a gradual thing. Starting off with very few moddable attributes and slowly increasing. There's some other stuff I want to do first, not least of which is directly editing/updating/creating *.csv data. I have an idea there to show mean/median/average among loaded balance data so that you can more easily choose a "balanced" value for each column.

the HullId could be calculated automatically in the variant tab, since you're already working with a ship loaded.
Yep, this is coming soon.

Also, can we have the ship image be loaded automatically?
Yep, this is also coming soon.  8)

If the editor's .exe needs to live in the same folder where all of the primary moddable data of interest lives (subfolders for hulls, variants, weapons, etc.), in Mac Starfarer that directory path is:
Good catch: I indeed coded it to look for "starfarer-core/" which I improperly assumed was universal. I will put some Mac-specific code branch to instead look for the directory you've provided above. Patch forthcoming sometime today.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2012, 11:49:03 AM »

Good catch: I indeed coded it to look for "starfarer-core/" which I improperly assumed was universal. I will put some Mac-specific code branch to instead look for the directory you've provided above. Patch forthcoming sometime today.
Thanks for the quick reply. This forum post from Alex should be of help in getting started. Trying to smooth the way for you; after all, I reeeeeally want to try out your ship editor!  ;D
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »

Tried to start up the program, and I get "Exception_access_violation". fixes anyone?

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2012, 06:49:48 PM »

I reeeeeally want to try out your ship editor!  ;D
OP updated with live d/l link to 1.9.1. Changes:

editor version 1.9.1 (starfarer 0.51a)
- users of editor in a Mac OS running Wine can now provide the starfarer
  install dir with success
- variant hullID updated automatically
- ship image loaded automatically when ship data is loaded
- if an image is manually loaded, the editor will search upwards for a
  "graphics" directory; if it is found, the path to the image will be inserted
  into the ship data; otherwise it will remain unmodified
- default save-file-names for *.ship and *.variant

Tried to start up the program, and I get "Exception_access_violation". fixes anyone?
Alex has also told me he sees this, when he closes the editor on Windows XP. I have yet to see it. I can't really debug something if I can't reproduce it, but I can speculate: Are you trying to run the program from somewhere where it doesn't have sufficient access rights? For instance, Program Files? On Windows 7, only Administrators can write to that directory, so hopefully it's that. IF IT IS, then you should be able to fix it by moving it somewhere like your Desktop, or running the program as administrator. If that still doesn't work, please PM me and I'll send you a debug version with further instructions, if you're interested.

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2012, 07:17:12 PM »

Alex has also told me he sees this, when he closes the editor on Windows XP. I have yet to see it. I can't really debug something if I can't reproduce it, but I can speculate: Are you trying to run the program from somewhere where it doesn't have sufficient access rights? For instance, Program Files? On Windows 7, only Administrators can write to that directory, so hopefully it's that. IF IT IS, then you should be able to fix it by moving it somewhere like your Desktop, or running the program as administrator. If that still doesn't work, please PM me and I'll send you a debug version with further instructions, if you're interested.

Nah I extracted the zipped file to a folder on the desktop, then I made a shortcut on the desktop itself. It did that while I was trying to put in fighters, then I tried opening it several times, gave up, and said my comment here, but it's back to normal now.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »

Back to Normal = it works, or Back to Normal = it doesn't work? I don't know if it ever worked for you, lol.

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2012, 07:42:43 PM »

yeah I ment it was working... but now it's not, it's an on/off thing I guess.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2012, 08:29:04 PM »

So it was working, and now it's not again. I'm going to post a debug version for you, and if the console window is still up when it crashes, press "T", then Enter, and copy and paste as much of the info it gives back to me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14340846/sf-ship-ed.debug.exe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44