Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Independent Peeps  (Read 4452 times)

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Independent Peeps
« on: August 08, 2012, 07:47:17 PM »

Hello :D
I got Starfarer a few months ago, and i have enjoyed it a lot. There is on thing that i would like to suggest, though, and that would be this:
Independent traders/miners/mercenaries have a bad habit. if i attack one group of any of these, they all get mad at me. If the creators meant this to be, i would suggest changing the name from "independent" to something else, because they aren't really independent when every one of them comes after me. If this is not how the game is supposed to be, then i think the creators should not make all of them get mad at me, because it is a bit odd how they all want to fight me (if i am not too big).

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Independent Peeps
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 07:49:05 PM »

I have a feeling that this will change when the campaign is made larger and more fleshed out.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 07:58:06 PM »

I have a feeling that this will change when the campaign is made larger and more fleshed out.
I hope so  ;D

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:20:06 AM »

right now everything independent is one faction, thus have one common relationship level with you. not exactly independent if you ask me, but it does serve as another faction in space.

Corvus would be alot emptier without them.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 11:11:06 AM »

Yeah, I believe somewhere in the lore that independent really isn't independent, instead it is the "League of Non-Aligned Worlds". So they're one faction.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »

Yeah, I believe somewhere in the lore that independent really isn't independent, instead it is the "League of Non-Aligned Worlds". So they're one faction.

They're referred to as 'The League' so presumably their full name is "The League of Independent Systems"

OrangeLima

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »

When you attack them don't you go down on some pirate database or something?

I am not sure where I read that.. but it made sense to me, you kill some miner and you get set on a pirate database recognized by most independent star ships.

robokill

• Captain
  • Hey, over there stop looking at my guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 07:53:41 PM »

hey maybe its like "hey did you here what happenedto joe poor guy right hey its the dirt bagged that snuffed him fire all weapons" that but with feeling