Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: FreeSpace 2 Mod v1.2 Release - Uomoz's Corvus 17 compatible  (Read 70210 times)

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: FreeSpace 2 Mod v1.0 Release
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »

is that Daedric Armour/Weapons textures from TESIV?
Kids these days...

acidzombie

• Commander
  • Random Guy61
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 06:38:16 AM »

I cant wait to beat the (censored) out of the Sathanas, but are you going to implement the Lucifer? I know its from FS1 but still?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:45:02 PM by acidzombie »
What is worth dying for is for you to choose.

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 12:17:16 AM »

I cant wait to beat the crap out of the Sathanas, but are you going to implement the Lucifer? I know its from FS1 but still?
The Lucifer will be easier to implement than the Sathanas or the Colossus.

The problem with both of those two is that they are incredibly huge, to the point where I'm not sure Starfarer's max zoom level will work well. I can make them smaller, but the other capital ships will already be quite large.

Here's a few of the capital-size ships. These are NOT their final sizes or even the final color/shading, they will be smaller in game. These are simply the images taken using the 3D models.

Lucifer
Hecate
Hatshepsut
Demon

acidzombie

• Commander
  • Random Guy61
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 12:46:58 AM »

I know they are big but idk if you have seen the tri-tachyon cc mod there is a giant capital ship so well idk its your mod and your decisions, I cant remember what class the galatea are but what about that one? And is it possible to change the name pool in the game and make them be called with their real names?

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 09:16:11 AM »

I know they are big but idk if you have seen the tri-tachyon cc mod there is a giant capital ship so well idk its your mod and your decisions, I cant remember what class the galatea are but what about that one? And is it possible to change the name pool in the game and make them be called with their real names?
Yes, it is--there's a name pool generator that you can assign to factions. That said, I don't think it would discriminate between ship types, so you'd get some funny names occasionally (not that there would be name mixing between Shivan and GTVA ships).

Keep in mind my output on this project is going to be very low for a few weeks due to the release of Guild Wars 2. But, I will try and get a few ships finished this week and put out another release.

acidzombie

• Commander
  • Random Guy61
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 11:59:10 AM »

Ohh my are you infected with the GW2 Plague :O arhhhh JK

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 10:55:27 PM »

While that second ship looks like it hails from the depths of Oblivion, I think it could maybe do with some smoothed edging, like the first. Right now, it seems to me as if you went crazy and cut out a texture on photoshop, especially that large bottom section of the hull.
hipster freespace :) using daedric armor before it was cool...
the thing is SJ Sathanas thats the big thing youre talking about is about 6km in lenght the other smaller ship is SC Lilith/Cain which is a cruiser about 200m so 30 times smaller than the Sathanas so that picture is kinda smaller than it should be leading to low res

Ender: very nice work so far keep it up :) ive always loved freespace and its same it doesnt get all that many RTS mods

Bobakanoosh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »

Just wondering as to what the status of this mod is. is it dead? still alive?

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 08:48:35 AM »

Just wondering as to what the status of this mod is. is it dead? still alive?
It's on hold. I actually just started playing Starfarer again with the latest patch but I'm too busy with work, my upcoming GRE exam, and Guild Wars 2 & PlanetSide 2 to make any progress.

I will probably pick it up again in a few months with the next large patch to Starfarer.

Mapleleaf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »

Happy New year!

How's the mod development going?  Also where do i buy the fighters?

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 02:06:40 PM »

Happy New year!

How's the mod development going?  Also where do i buy the fighters?
It's sort of on hold at the moment, though I've been playing Starfarer again a bit in the past few days and working on some weapon ideas.

If you've downloaded the mod, once you start a new game you will be able to find various fighters in all three stations, and some of the other fighters are randomly brought in by supply convoys.

However, a change in 0.54a from 0.53a means that the Pegasus fighter causes a crash in any station it is in (meaning, the Tri-Tachyon station currently) due to a new column being added to the ship_data.csv file.

You can either fix it yourself (see my thread in the bug forum here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5237.0 ) or I will go ahead and upload a fixed version this evening when I get home.

EDIT: Fixed file uploaded.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:54:22 PM by EnderNerdcore »

Mapleleaf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 09:22:26 AM »

Alrighty thanks mate

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: FreeSpace 2 Mod v1.1 Release
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »

1.1 release. See first post for download link plus the ships I've added.

Pred the Penguin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: FreeSpace 2 Mod v1.1 Release
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »

Been lurking around for a few days, getting really addicted to this game. I can't believe more people from HLP aren't into this game.

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: FreeSpace 2 Mod v1.2 Release - Uomoz's Corvus 17 compatible
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 06:08:47 PM »

Huge new update, take a look at the OP.

I'm also looking for art help with turrets and cleaning up ship sprites, and can exchange coding services in return.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7