Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Additional Space Features  (Read 6542 times)

RSS_Ornel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Additional Space Features
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »

Phase ships were kind of disappointing as I expected to actually be able to ambush enemy ships not just sit there and not taking any damage. plus you cant remain phased for any significant time
 But.. back on topic I like the weapons platform idea but that is probably coming with orbital stations.
The hazards are a nice Idea and would add flavor
But the best Idea is the sheild satilite as it would provide a save haven for civilian craft but under military class weapon fire it would collapse quickly and it would not be large enough to cover anything larger than 2 buffalos and a 2 dram.(jam packed together)

Uh, orbital stations are campaign stuff, or persistent defenses.  This on the other hand is something like taking over a weapon's platform that's drifted off into space and turned off.

I know but I think those things would be around orbital stations as defenses, only time will tell though

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 05:14:48 AM »

I'm all for space phenomena, albeit they should be more of a overview thing than a 'this-randomly-happens-in-battle' thing.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »

I'm all for space phenomena, albeit they should be more of a overview thing than a 'this-randomly-happens-in-battle' thing.

Most of these things will appear like sensor relays or the current nebula.  A raider outpost might have a skullmark inside a circle to show that it's a raider outpost, a shield outpost might display a shield, a weapon platform a weapon, etc.  Ion storms, Explosive Asteroids, and Comets are the only real random hazards, and the first two are really slow moving anyway.
Pages: 1 [2]