Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Restock Mod - 2.6. Tested with .6a  (Read 77636 times)

Sidie Hawkton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Restock Mod - 2.6. Tested with .6a
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2013, 02:55:54 AM »

I think it may have been a combo of factors/mods. A reinstall of Neutrino changed a lot, so it may have been that one instead.  Thanks for checking though!

HFCS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »

Seems to be fine for the most part over these past two days after a new campaign.

1. Let me know if you still get lag!

Went down to 30 FPS once, but seems to have disappeared after a reboot of Starsector.
Only other mod running being Hiigaran Descendants for the added flavour this playthrough.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2014, 04:03:48 AM »

Is anyone still interested in this mod?

I feel that the need it originally filled (being able to play with any ship/weapon at will) has pretty much been filled - both by the addition of Askonia, the inventory of ships now cycling, and the refitting of ships for missions.

If people request I'll keep this mod up to date (its easy enough to do) but otherwise I'm going to let it die.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2014, 08:27:12 AM »

It still work with 0.6.2 i think. If not, then yeah, definitely update it. I have long given up the idea of playing Starsector without this mod.

ByteHammer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2014, 06:11:58 PM »

I'm bored at work and Java looks close enough to C#, so I might toy with this and add all of Uomoz's mods factions/stations. Looks like it's just a matter of adding the right lists and calling functions for the right stations.

If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll post it (if I finish it).

firstattak1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2014, 06:16:22 PM »

Looks like I missed the post asking if anyone wants this updated, and I sure do! And it does work with the current version but not with the new ship :(

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2014, 06:50:42 PM »

I'm bored at work and Java looks close enough to C#, so I might toy with this and add all of Uomoz's mods factions/stations. Looks like it's just a matter of adding the right lists and calling functions for the right stations.

If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll post it (if I finish it).

Better ask Thaago if he is okay with this. If so, then go ahead!

ByteHammer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2014, 07:04:34 PM »

Consider this being me officially asking then. :D

Looks pretty simple. He made it pretty easy to incrementally add factions. It's mostly just a matter of actually finding all the ships, wings and stations and verifying the changes work.

I've gotten it working for IFed already. Testing Blackrock.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2014, 07:58:01 PM »

Consider this being me officially asking then. :D

Looks pretty simple. He made it pretty easy to incrementally add factions. It's mostly just a matter of actually finding all the ships, wings and stations and verifying the changes work.

I've gotten it working for IFed already. Testing Blackrock.
Hi - You absolutely have permission - if you want I'll add it to the front page also when you are done. Just post links. :)

Looks like I missed the post asking if anyone wants this updated, and I sure do! And it does work with the current version but not with the new ship :(

Whoops! I was going to do that but completely forgot. I'll add that in and get a new version up, probably tomorrow.

ByteHammer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »

Would you be offended if I did more than just update it for Uomoz's Sector? Maybe added on to it a little bit?

(My work days are quite boring when I'm waiting for long builds)

Edit: To be specific, some ideas I had

• Create an external settings json file that people can modify without a basic understanding of Java (which might also be used to prevent crashes from simple compiler errors made by edits, as we can handle invalid strings gracefully)
  • Allow the modder to specify pseudorandom ranges, minimums, maximums, or maybe even numbers of certain types of hulls
  • Allow the modder to specify station sets that receive a certain class of ship hulls and wings
  • Allow a station to sometimes have "rare" stock from another faction
  • Allow a modder to set restock period in minutes

For example, lets say on restock we want a station to have between X and Y frigates, but between I and J cruisers, drawn from a set of hulls (instead of just one of each).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:08:19 PM by Cussbeard »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2014, 09:36:05 PM »

I wouldn't be offended at all - those sounds like neat ideas. :) Feel free to use any of the code you want.

When I wrote the code I was still exploring the various data structures Java has, so the ship and fighter tests are done using set operations that don't count the number of ships, just the types. So in order to do specific numbers you'll have to rewrite the guts of those functions (and probably make it just one function for both, its like 99% code duplication and I'm kinda embarrassed I left it like that).

Also, be aware that some IO stuff is locked as part of the game security - I think external json files would be ok but I'm not sure (I'm sure someone knows so we can ask on the misc modding questions thread).

ByteHammer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2014, 09:54:30 PM »

I'm not having issues with IO, I'm having issues actually creating valid JSON. Regardless of my encoding, this:

Code
{
   "test":"This is a test string."
}

Is invalid. JSONObject text is expected to begin with a "{". Happens regardless of the encoding.

Have I mentioned I hate JSON? Haha. Maybe I'll go with an interface and class that others can use to add their stations/ships to be restocked instead. Uomoz seems to use a class to store his static data, so I might do so as well.

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2014, 01:17:36 PM »

I'm sorry if this is a bit of a necro, but has this been updated for .65 yet? Is there any diffrence for 65?
~Aura be with you

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2014, 02:14:09 PM »

I haven't tested this at all to be honest - I was going to let it die. I'm going to guess its broken, but I can check real quick.

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2014, 03:53:53 PM »

I haven't tested this at all to be honest - I was going to let it die. I'm going to guess its broken, but I can check real quick.
Ah, my apologies. If you think it's too much work to get it running again, i'd hate to be a bother. I just feel that this is a great way to enjoy SS fleetbuilding, without useing something like the console commands mod. It helps to see just how much cash you are putting into something, or building a fleet on a budget.
~Aura be with you
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]