Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Modding] Bug with Fighters and Weapons  (Read 3084 times)

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
[Modding] Bug with Fighters and Weapons
« on: August 02, 2012, 07:29:55 PM »

Because the bug itself is kind of hard to explain straight-up, I'll just explain my situation:

-I found that fighters with only one weapon mounted would have that weapon disappear when I went to test in-game. When I took control of one of the fighters in devmode, the weapon that should be there simply didn't exist; the craft was defenseless. However, in the codex and ship info tooltip, the weapon was shown to exist.

-After testing everything I could think of, I got the weapon to work again when I set the AI hint in weapon_data.csv to "PD." All other single-weapon fighters that used weapons without the PD flag wouldn't work.

-The weapons affected were in HIDDEN slots.

Also, did the Wasp drone's PD laser always have a 360 arc? Because it does now. I always seem to remember it as firing straight ahead, but I'm probably wrong as I hardly ever use them.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [Modding] Bug with Fighters and Weapons
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 07:33:25 PM »

Never knew the wasp had 360 PD laser, same here, always say it firing straight ahead.  But the weapon problem, I don't have it.  I've got a fighter with one weapon set on HIDDEN and it functions perfectly.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 07:34:18 PM »

My mod's fighter also would refuse to fire with it's single weapon, I first thought it was flux issues but it just doesn't fire. Also would like to know why.

But yeh, the wasp was always a 360 arc drone :P

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 07:47:42 PM »

Thanks for the report - yeah, this is a bug and it's already fixed. As usual, cropped up due to a last-minute fix of another bug (sigh). It affects hidden weapons that aren't PD, STRIKE, or MISSILE, and only shows up if the ship has a single weapon group set up.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 07:55:51 PM »

Ah, nice to know that it's fixed. Thank you.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Sensor drones not armed.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 11:12:40 AM »

They don't have Ion cannons, even though the Codex and the chagelog states that they are supposed to have them.

evil713

• Commander
    • View Profile
Apogee sensor drones do not fire there ion cannon.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 12:08:30 PM »

using simulation mode for testing. they fly out and will hover around the enemy, the enemy will not engage the drones andthe drones will not fire on the enemy. they do provide the sensor bonus.