Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: .53a First impressions  (Read 44429 times)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: .53a First impressions
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »

Imo the fastmissile rack feels a bit stronger than I'd of imagined it since it only really costs missiles and flux, and the flux isn't terribly hard to keep down, I can only imagine if you put it on another ship that uses missiles with this system and decent flux and you can literally spam missiles so hard that reaper barrages aren't hard to maintain, not much an issue since in vanilla it isn't on put with a large missile launcher.

Hyperions are now real crazy :P

The update seems to of broken a fighter I made... but I'm seeing how to change that :P

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 06:15:29 PM »

Hyperions are  *deleted*  awesome! But holy  *deleted* , so fragile.

EDIT: ^ Lol, can't swear. And here was me, thinking this was a forum that didn't consist of primarily minors. Oh well.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:36:08 PM by IIE16 Yoshi »

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 06:20:13 PM »

Im kinda annoyed that you drop your ships when you teleport, but its for balance i suppose.

Im loving this update!

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »

Oh God the fast ammo feeder on the Hammerhead is ridiculous. Arm that thing with two heavy machine guns, and anything that gets close to you dies horribly.
Or arm it with Heavy Maulers and watch as it punches through the toughest of armor and weaker shields in seconds. I punched through the Condor armor and did 4000 internal damage before I ran out of ammo feeder charge and it died horribly, with just Heavy Maulers. And Lasher shields shatter in seconds where it usually took a sustained fight.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:04:53 PM by Tarran »

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 09:20:12 PM »

Ambush mission is my favorite now. Phase ships is incredibly fun to play with, one error and you are toasted.

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »

Has anyone found the Hyperion AI to be great? I did some tests and it easily took out 2 talons, a broadsword, 2 lashers, a buffalo, and a hound... While sustaining 1 hull damage (using the attack variant)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 10:24:29 PM »

Oh God the fast ammo feeder on the Hammerhead is ridiculous. Arm that thing with two heavy machine guns, and anything that gets close to you dies horribly.
Or arm it with Heavy Maulers and watch as it punches through the toughest of armor and weaker shields in seconds. I punched through the Condor armor and did 4000 internal damage before I ran out of ammo feeder charge and it died horribly, with just Heavy Maulers. And Lasher shields shatter in seconds where it usually took a sustained fight.

I've paired up the heavy mauler with a heavy needler and... damn. Ammo to spare, huge damage against both armor and shields, its just incredible. I find a pair of reapers to be ideal for the Hammerhead - low on OP but the ship has the speed to deliver them when it counts.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 12:46:55 AM »

Hyperion AI is quite good, but has one serious flaw preventing it from becoming truly great - it often jumps from too far, appearing in front of enemy ship as result.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 07:44:19 AM »

Hyperion AI is quite good, but has one serious flaw preventing it from becoming truly great - it often jumps from too far, appearing in front of enemy ship as result.

*has both of his Hyperions called Hypergression 1 and 2*

And I just tried out Burn Drives, those are pretty awesome. But I went from a Medusa with Aux. Thrusters, to a Dominator.  Domi?! Why? Why do you not turn?!

EDIT:
http://puu.sh/OgJw
I'm helping!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:13:57 AM by IIE16 Yoshi »

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 08:31:49 AM »

I love the Burn Drives, but I would like them better if your ship stayed at its zero flux velocity when the burn drive stops, rather than coming out of the burn drive at the ships max speed, then getting the zero flux bonus a second later.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 08:37:08 AM »

You'll coast at top speed if you don't press any keys for movement, right? That's how it works with the skimmer anyway. Which is teh best.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2012, 08:39:53 AM »

You'll coast at top speed if you don't press any keys for movement, right? That's how it works with the skimmer anyway. Which is teh best.

Not with the burn drive no. It automatically decelerates.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2012, 08:40:49 AM »

For the first time in history...a hound with omni-shields!  *without hacking.  all done with hull mods
Spoiler
[close]
Doesn't mean it makes the hound any better.  I just wanted to see one with it. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 08:42:50 AM »

For the first time in history...a hound with omni-shields!  *without hacking.  all done with hull mods
Spoiler
[close]
Doesn't mean it makes the hound any better.  I just wanted to see one with it. ;D

To bad the efficiency is like 1.9 or whatever. Shield dies from like 2 harpoons.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »

Which is why the hound has flares. ;D
And burn drive automatically slows the ship down after it's over.  :sadface:
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8