Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115446 times)

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)
« Reply #1515 on: June 29, 2021, 06:48:36 PM »

sra_asplode_02.ogg is stereo instead of mono unlike all the other ship explosion sounds for some reason. It sounds out of place when using headphones.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 06:51:39 PM by mora »

Vex2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 20, 2021, 04:07:55 PM »

Came across a minor (not important nor game-breaking) bug. Shikome's seem to have a habit of turning into minor suns in about 1/5 battles.
Not sure if its a specific interaction/behavior that causes it, but if I notice I'll update the post. If this is already a known thing I apologize for bringing it up.

Secondly I was looking through the codex after my last batch of mod updating and came across the Eir, and I had a thought.
Have you ever considered giving it some sort of hullmod akin to the converted farm Paragon (Demeter?) from the Unknown Contact mod that would provide passive income?
Seems like something that would be fitting considering the ship's lore description.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: August 07, 2021, 11:10:34 AM »

Man, the Mimir's AI just loves to use its lock drive to charge into suicidal situations, sometimes even ramming a station which is instant death.

not a luddic path member

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: August 07, 2021, 03:29:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure radiation absorbers are from your mod right? How come I can't build it on an irradiated planet?

Spoiler
[close]
is that an alpha core in your pocket or are you just excited to see me

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: August 08, 2021, 02:57:04 AM »

I'm pretty sure radiation absorbers are from your mod right? How come I can't build it on an irradiated planet?

Spoiler
[close]
The good news is that you get the benefits without building them, check the hazard rating tooltip.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: September 25, 2021, 06:21:22 AM »

Dunno if it's a problem only I have, but with seemingly every colony constantly having a deficit of Cloned Organs, trade contacts are always giving procurement orders for them.
Considering that you can't seem to find Cloned Organs while exploring and Medical Centers barely produce them anymore, it's pretty hard to amass them to fulfill these orders, and the payout is hardly worth it even if you do, so it's rather annoying that they constantly take the place of what could be a more reasonable task.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: September 25, 2021, 01:49:12 PM »

Dunno if it's a problem only I have, but with seemingly every colony constantly having a deficit of Cloned Organs, trade contacts are always giving procurement orders for them.
Considering that you can't seem to find Cloned Organs while exploring and Medical Centers barely produce them anymore, it's pretty hard to amass them to fulfill these orders, and the payout is hardly worth it even if you do, so it's rather annoying that they constantly take the place of what could be a more reasonable task.

the problem is more so that all too often you can just buy the cloned organs from the market you just got the contract from and still make a profit :D
and yeah, they pretty much replace harvested organs outright in the quest pool

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 29, 2021, 09:32:44 AM »

The Organs thing is still pretty incomplete, despite having been in the mod for quite some time; I haven't quite been able to get the things working as intended.

A lot of the other issues people have been posting about in my absence have been dealt with in dev, I'm just stalled on finishing up new content and largely too busy to actually get back to the mod. I'm not sure when I'll have a moment to finish the next version.

Space Cowboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: September 30, 2021, 03:34:47 PM »

Can't believe it took me so long to try this mod, it's awesome. Both the aesthetic and function of the new ships are so cool.

Space Cowboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: October 03, 2021, 06:03:03 PM »

The Mimir is really cool but the Lock Drive system cripples it. It doesn't have high enough hull/armor to be dropping its shields for a charge. It gets one shot every time, especially if the ai is piloting. I could see it being an amazing tank if it had any other system that didn't get rid of its shields. Apologies if others have already given similar comments, I didn't want to read through all 100 pages of the thread x_x.

edit: another way to go would be to keep lock drive but buff the hull/armor

edit: It's actually doing pretty well with 2 polarizers, a paladin PD, a reckless officer, and every tanking hull mod in the game lol. I'm not sure if this is how it's intended to be used though, it has no OP left for all those other weapons mounts. I tried doing a super long range build with tach lances using lock drive to kite but even cautious ai will sometimes charge forward which leads to instant death. I realize that's an ai issue not a problem with the mod and the player can make good use of the ship so I'm not sure if it's worth changing, 45 deployment cost seems very steep though. My Odyssey is heavily outperforming the Mimir for the same cost. Plasma Drive is just a better version of Lock Drive as far as I can tell. My SO hardened shields Nelsons are also doing a better job soaking dmg (because they are faster and get in front more) and at the same time are doing a lot more damage back as well.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 11:10:59 PM by Space Cowboy »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: October 04, 2021, 02:07:54 AM »

The ram selfdamage could definitely be made better, i've accidentally lock drive'd myself into a piece of wreckage and annihilated my mimir once or twice

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: October 04, 2021, 09:02:02 PM »

The Mimir is definitely tricky in some respects. That being said, the Lock Drive is not really intended to be analogous to the Plasma Jets -- if anything its closest cousin in the vanilla mobility systems would be the Burn Drive. It also has some real strengths that neither of those drive systems possess; in particular it is extremely fast, much faster than most comparable systems, which gives you opportunities to jump in if you see a good opportunity to pounce, or to rapidly retreat.

I probably won't give the ship the ability to keep it's shields up (for a couple reasons, for one it might make it a little too good as a tool for retreat, but also it would make it much easier to crash into things and could easily leave you overloaded in an especially vulnerable position.) That being said, I may look into increasing the damage mitigation the system provides while it's up, particularly when colliding.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 09:11:41 PM by MShadowy »

czezary

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 19, 2021, 06:58:26 AM »

Hello.

Would there by any way to simply delete the cloned organs by myself from the mod while keeping the rest of the mod?

Reason I'm asking is: the cloned organs do not export and almost every colony in the game has a deficit of cloned organs, and that leads to almost every procurement wanting cloned organs (often in big numbers that are impossible to get with no cheating).

I like the ships and all, but i would like to avoid market issues.

Any way to do this?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 12:18:48 PM by czezary »

IAmLegion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: January 08, 2022, 01:09:29 AM »

The needs of sector colonies is partially randomized so you might just have a particularly large need for organs in your save.  I would start a test run and see if this continues.

mosshadow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: January 14, 2022, 01:47:56 PM »

Point Defense wise are Shadowyards PD intentionally supposed to be bad but impressive looking? 2 Light CEPCs and one 1 Chain CEPC are unable to stop a single salamander from taking out my engines 3 times in a row. Do they benefit significantly from point defense related hullmods such as turret speed increases?
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 107