Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1121534 times)

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc1(4/12/21)
« Reply #1485 on: April 15, 2021, 03:55:52 PM »

I'll also check the jammers

I'd just like to clarify that the jammer ship system works fine, reducing range (and I presume turn speed though I didn't actually bother to check that), but that the "If the ships system has range: +50%" part doesn't apply to it, due to the way the ship system is implemented.

It might be a bit OP, but you would have to sacrifice an officer on an otherwise uncombat oriented ship, so maybe not that OP?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)
« Reply #1486 on: April 18, 2021, 10:57:03 AM »

Okay, this should be the final release candidate for this version of Shadowyards; thank you very much for all your patience.

Changelog 0.9.5-rc4

Spoiler
  • The Carmine (Redwings) should show up in SRA military and black markets and in Redwings fleets, as in retrospect there wasn't much reason to keep it from showing up while the mission string that would put it in game isn't even implemented yet
  • Finally seem to have resolved the ongoing Mimir vector crash bug, with thanks to President Matt Damon on the discord
  • Redwings Command no longer makes Euripides a military market, and as such its uh... military market has been removed
    • Please note that this will not effect existing saves
  • Some adjustments to Modular Fabricators and their sub industries in order to prevent possible issues with industry ids getting confused
  • Went over the Elysium (P)'s description to make it less clunky
  • Replaced the Potnia-bis' flare launcher with a damper system
  • Fixed an issue with the Tartarus' colission radius being smaller than its shield
  • Shikomes should no longer kill themselves with their mini-lances, and re-added the trails for the shot
  • Gave Theramin a custom planet class, Irradiated Terran, and a matching planet graphic
  • Theramin once again has its Radiation Absorbers, to help deal with it's newly gained Irradiated condition
[close]

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 18, 2021, 11:34:49 AM »

Hi, absolutely love the mod! I probably need to start a new game in order for it to work properly, right?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 18, 2021, 12:41:03 PM »

Some of the additions won't get into the game without starting a new campaign, but it'll be fine to continue your current one if you don't mind missing what essentially amounts to some flavor stuff.

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 18, 2021, 02:11:40 PM »

Gotcha, thanks. I can't seem to find the SRA stations - is there a list somewhere of where to find them?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 18, 2021, 02:58:10 PM »

The stations blueprintss should become available occasionally in Yardie military markets; also if the SRA likes you enough you just gain the ability to build them without having to get the blueprint.

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: April 18, 2021, 03:08:46 PM »

Sorry, I meant the actual SRA stations/planets, if they have any in the core worlds anymore. I sort of remember one being in Askonia but I wasn't sure if they had moved, thanks!

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 18, 2021, 03:57:01 PM »

Oh.

Uh, well the Yardies have stations in Yma and Askonia, and the mod adds three systems where they have at least some presence, Anar, Gigas, and Yajna.

Miggis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 20, 2021, 11:11:18 AM »

Hi,
I found a build for the Ninurta frigate that might be described as obscenely overpowered. In 1v1 scenarios it melts through non-captained stock destroyers like butter and bullies cruisers with ease. Aurora barely managed to survive until degraded performance.
Can you try it out in simulator with autopilot on?

2x light ceps in wings. 2x light cepc + 2x linked kamal in forward mounts.  Light cepc is there for busting shields with minimal flux cost, pd capability is just an afterthought.
10 vents, 6 caps.
Hardened Shields, Hardened Subsystems, Stabilized Shields, Charge Cycler, Flux Distributor

Agressive captain with Systems Expertise, Energy Weapon Mastery, Shield Modulation, Target Analysis and Helmsmanship. Key skills imo being SE and EWM. SE for having very little ship system downtime and EWM for a very nice dps boost. A steady captain won't work, lacks the courage to get in lcepc range.

P.S
Is Kamal Particle Dart supposed to ignore fighters in autofire mode?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 20, 2021, 12:36:22 PM »

It's not really intended to be anti-fighter weapon, but I guess I can fiddle with it.

As for the build, I can give it a try, but the Ninurta is kind of intended to be a monster. I'm not sure if I can deal with super-stronk builds for it without kinda ruining it.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 20, 2021, 01:38:03 PM »

Many frigates with properly build captains will rekt hevier ships. Captains is a big deal in general.

Miggis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 20, 2021, 02:13:50 PM »

Many frigates with properly build captains will rekt hevier ships. Captains is a big deal in general.

Yeah, I think it's fine if a super frigate with a lvl5 captain wins against stock destroyers, no surprise there. With the example-build I posted it just wins so fast and effortlessly that I thought it might be good to consider some kind of balancing for it.

I think it's the interaction between the ship system and the 'Systems Expertise' skill which gives it a very high uptime, that might especially need a look.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: April 20, 2021, 02:52:35 PM »

Maybe you right, i didnt play too muchin 0.95 after all, still waiting for some mod to update (like ship\weapons pack).

But things like this exist even in vanilla in 0.91. In my very first vanilla only game i let my reckless pilot command Medusa, and he wreck havoc on the flanks of my fleet, dueling sometimes 2-3 cruisers and once (mostly by hidding behind one of them, but still), and in test games he able to 1v1 any stock ship except paragon.

Hellya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 20, 2021, 10:07:31 PM »

Hi,
I found a build for the Ninurta frigate that might be described as obscenely overpowered. In 1v1 scenarios it melts through non-captained stock destroyers like butter and bullies cruisers with ease. Aurora barely managed to survive until degraded performance.
Can you try it out in simulator with autopilot on?

2x light ceps in wings. 2x light cepc + 2x linked kamal in forward mounts.  Light cepc is there for busting shields with minimal flux cost, pd capability is just an afterthought.
10 vents, 6 caps.
Hardened Shields, Hardened Subsystems, Stabilized Shields, Charge Cycler, Flux Distributor

Agressive captain with Systems Expertise, Energy Weapon Mastery, Shield Modulation, Target Analysis and Helmsmanship. Key skills imo being SE and EWM. SE for having very little ship system downtime and EWM for a very nice dps boost. A steady captain won't work, lacks the courage to get in lcepc range.

P.S
Is Kamal Particle Dart supposed to ignore fighters in autofire mode?

Tested it out for you. It is okay. Compared to other frigates like the tempest and Omen it is decent. It is no match for the mighty Hyperion or Scarab though.

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: April 21, 2021, 09:40:05 PM »

Noticed an odd behavior recently, whereby SRY Redwings ships (and only Redwings ones, it seems) will show up in the Yardie military shop at 0% CR... until you mouse over the '?', at which point they'll pop up to 50%. The price will also go up accordingly.

This does affect the purchase price you pay, but the ship you get is at 50% CR regardless of what it said at the shop, so it functions as a way to shave a little off the asking price as long as you don't mouse over the '?'.

(Quite possible this is not an SRY-specific bug, of course.)
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 107