Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115361 times)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.1rc1(10/20/19)
« Reply #1440 on: June 16, 2020, 08:20:29 AM »

Unfortunately, I can't really do anything for those ships given what the problem is; I have talked to Alex about it so it'll be fixed in the next release of starsector.

As far as the Lance goes, I've gotten a number of reports about errors but I haven't been able to replicate any of them. It seems to be working perfectly on my end, which doesn't mean there's not a problem, just that I haven't been able to repeat it under controlled conditions. I have looked at how it applies damage but it seems like it shouldn't be causing errors. E: That being said my testing often tends to be fairly cursory; I'll have a closer look at it today.

As for the station thing, I'll have to look at Nex I guess. I don't usually play with it on.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 08:32:17 AM by MShadowy »

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.1rc1(10/20/19)
« Reply #1441 on: June 16, 2020, 03:43:24 PM »

I went back to test the nidhogger lance with only lazylib, magiclib, graphicslib, console, practice targets, and shadowyards enabled. The lance had the exact same issues as before so I don't believe its a mod conflict. Most of my testing was in the simulator of the stampede shadowyards mission. I now believe that the initial 4k damage hit on hull/armor is also bugged and does not occur, so all the damage is just from the pierce and periodic damage. I also found that when the lance overloads shields it sometimes continues into the hull/armor doing damage which I doubt is intended. I discovered that the bug seems somehow related to the total amount of damage the pierce effect from the lance has done in a battle. Testing in the campaign simulator with allied ships and the console showed me that if you buff up a buffalo MK2's hull, armor, and resistance to energy damage via vanilla hull mods eventually the lance will stop doing damage to it and fail to kill it, I then brought in another duplicate buffalo MK2 and the lance did no damage to it even on the first hit. Finally I noticed the EMP damage does not pierce but that may be working as intended.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.1rc2(10/20/19)
« Reply #1442 on: June 16, 2020, 04:27:49 PM »

I'd actually figured it out earlier after some more testing on my own; in short, the script was not resetting between shots as I'd previously assumed, which meant that every time the lance shot did hull damage the amount of available damage it had for the next shot was reduced for the rest of that combat. The not dealing the 4k damage upfront is intended, unless it involves hitting shields, since by design the shot is meant to deal the total damage of the shot over like 5 tics.

In any case that's been fixed, now.

0.9.1-rc2 Changelog

Spoiler
  • Further improved vectored thrusters, which should make them more consistent and less resource intensive
  • Fixed a bug with the Nidhoggr Lance and the Shikome's micro-lance where it wasn't resetting the script between shots, leading to situations where it would fail to do appropriate damage
  • Fixed a bug where the Charybdis and Scylla were not spawning with their built in drone wings
  • The Flux Lock Armor hullmod now has an icon
[close]

Edite: Note, this update can break saves if you have one of the vectored thruster ships in you fleet or somewhere nearby, since a lot of now redundant decorative weapon slots got removed.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 07:13:19 PM by MShadowy »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 19, 2020, 09:30:47 AM »

Okay, one last release candidate for this version is likely, which will add Commissioned Crews support, fix (hopefully)  a potential show stopper bug that the vectored thrusters have picked up (I think), as well as some miscellaneous other things. Currently working on fixing the Niddhoggr Lances tendency to bash through shields when a ship overloads; I think I know why it's happening at this point but am not sure how to resolve it yet.

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 20, 2020, 04:17:09 AM »

Awesome update, shadowyards is a cool faction with fun ships.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.1rc3(10/20/19)
« Reply #1445 on: June 21, 2020, 09:56:57 AM »

Glad you think so =)

In any case after sitting on it for a bit, I decided to declare the Nidhoggr Lance's shield piercing quirk a feature; as such the final release candidate of 0.9.1 is ready.

0.9.1-rc3 Changelog

Spoiler
  • Fixed a bug with the flux lock armor where it would increase damage taken during the first frame of venting
  • Removed some sprite rendering stuff from the vectored thrusters script which may have been causing a showstopper bug due to color overflows
  • Removed CARRIER, COMBAT tag from the Charybdis
  • Added Commissioned Crews support through the Skirmish Tactics "hullmod"
  • Fixed a display glitch in the Hofud Assault Blasters name and added a description and role for it
[close]

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 21, 2020, 11:32:44 PM »

I finally figured out enough java to edit, recompile, and run a jar and despite some hiccups I think I know why you can't build the shadowyards station at station markets.
I went into MS_orbitalStationChecker.java and found this code.

boolean canBuild = market.getPlanetEntity() != null &&
(player.getRelationshipLevel(shadow).isAtWorst(RepLevel.WELCOMING) ||
Global.getSector().getPlayerFaction().knowsIndustry(getId()));

I removed market.getPlanetEntity() != null && to change the code so it only checks for the station blueprint or the necessary reputation with shadowyards. I came to the conclusion that market.getPlanetEntity() only checks that a market is a planet but I'm not sure if it does anything else. My edit runs seemingly fine and after testing in the campaign I can now build the station at station markets if I have the blueprint or if I have the reputation. I'm thinking you can just cut that single piece of code and the problem would be solved.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 22, 2020, 10:43:58 AM »

Well, worth a shot at least; I'd put that catch in place in order to be safe, just in case it might come up with a null error, something which has been problem enough that I may be a bit overzealous about preventing them. That being said, NPE's are showstopper bugs.

I'll check and see if it works right with market != null, and if that crashes out or is insufficient I'll pull it out entirely.

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 26, 2020, 12:41:23 AM »

After i updated the mod, there is an error popped up:
101510 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [MTHRUST_MAIN_STBD_03] not found on hull [msp_potniaBis]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [MTHRUST_MAIN_STBD_03] not found on hull [msp_potniaBis]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderWeapons(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderSingle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.LayeredRenderer.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is the new update not comparable in existing save?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 26, 2020, 07:19:34 AM »

It is not, or at least not simply. Approximately half of the ship definitions got changed, which will confuse the game if you have one of the vectored thrusting ships in your fleet (and possibly in a fleet nearby provided it has had it's fleet token inflated for whatever reason.) Since the game will save a list of a known ships equipment and slots, this creates a conflict with the base definition and causes the bug in question.

It's possible to manually edit your save, so you can maybe work around this, but it would probably be easier to revert to an older version.

AtlanticAccent

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: August 25, 2020, 08:46:43 AM »

Hi, thanks for this mod, it's fantastic!

Just wanted to report a crash I just had during combat - the only SRA item I had with me during the time was the Apis launcher, which I think is responsible for the crash.

Here's the crash log:

Spoiler
13574377 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.ai.MS_ApisAI.<init>(MS_ApisAI.java:62)
   at data.scripts.ShadowyardsModPlugin.pickMissileAI(ShadowyardsModPlugin.java:97)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager$6.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getPriorityPlugin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.pickMissileAIOverride(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.ifsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.ifsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.spawnProjectile(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.spawnProjectile(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.ai.MS_SynapticAI.mirv(MS_SynapticAI.java:367)
   at data.scripts.ai.MS_SynapticAI.advance(MS_SynapticAI.java:187)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Missile$GuidedMissileAIWrapper.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 25, 2020, 05:00:34 PM »

Okay, thanks for giving me the report. Anything else you can report about what was happening when the crash occurred?

Yubbin

• Lieutenant
  • i just play mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 03, 2020, 01:29:50 PM »

I have a bug with the Scylla. Sometimes when I right click to phase, the ship doesn't phase, it instantly goes to the cooldown (it shows the cooldown graphics and I can't phase at all), so I have to wait a few seconds when I wanted to escape with phase. This has only happened with the Scylla. I also have the newest version, rc3.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 04, 2020, 04:07:06 PM »

That's... extremely curious. Do you have any more information?

Yubbin

• Lieutenant
  • i just play mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 04, 2020, 04:19:24 PM »

I don't have that much else to say, it's possible my mouse or me is doing something, I'll keep trying the test mission and tell you what happens.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 107