Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115564 times)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.7.1a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.0.3
« Reply #840 on: December 31, 2015, 07:47:30 AM »

Well, helped that yesterday was a day I've set aside for dealing with this kinda thing.

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 31, 2015, 07:55:08 PM »

Haven't upgraded to the latest version yet (I had just hit level 50 when I saw you post .6.0.3, like Hell I'm starting over at this point)
Uh, is that something I'm supposed to do?  I've just been copying the new mod folder in. 0.o I think I may have hit some issue with overwriting saves, but if I make a new save each time everything is golden.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 31, 2015, 07:58:42 PM »

Well, up until this latest bugfix version there probably wouldn't have been an issue for most of these changes for 0.6; however, while this one should probably not break saves, since it adds two new stations they won't appear in the campaign without starting a new game.

Ceebees

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 02, 2016, 05:31:48 PM »

Oh, something i forgot to mention last time - the new vanilla system Samarra also has a planet Lumen. Though, it's easy to miss as the vanilla one is uninhabited, but still.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 02, 2016, 10:28:40 PM »

Yeah, already heard about it; I kept forgetting to change it (in part because I was having trouble coming up with a new name) but have since decided on Lambent or Lambence as the new name for Lumen.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 08, 2016, 02:01:02 PM »

Great mod and great work!

Ive noticed though that there are quite a few description, stats, and spelling errors on some of the ships and weapons.

Morningstar stands out right now for its missing flight deck and 40k price tag..without the flight deck the ship is pretty underpowered:( Ive no idea how to add a flight deck too it even though i found the Launchbay code on another ship file:) 

Also, there is no way to deploy more then one sensor drone at a time, and when set on free roam they still hold to the holding pattern, at least in the Simulator.

Excellent job though, just needs a quick pass!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 06:07:40 PM by grinningsphinx »

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 08, 2016, 07:42:08 PM »

Morningstar is already pretty OVERPOWERED for a destroyer and definitely doesn't need a flight deck. The 25% (should be 20% in the new version) weapon range bonus allows it to pressure larger ships at a very safe range.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 08, 2016, 07:55:41 PM »

The Morningstars description is super dated, something I noticed while looking over the descriptions myself (e: after the last release, mind you), and the reference to fighter support relates to a much earlier release (e: of Starsector).

While flight decks greatly enhanced your ability to support fighter craft, your actual support capacity for fighters was related to a fighter support quantity which was a stat each ship had (though in most cases this amount was 0) which represented the total FP cost in fighters that ship could provide logistical support for, and you could repair and replace fighter frames as long as the number was under that total, regardless of whether you had flight decks or not.

The Morningstar was among those craft which added to FP support, but it has never had a flight deck.

Though if you didn't have flight decks the rate of repair was painfully--if not agonizingly--slow.  Ultimately the mechanic got nixed and the game is better for it.

Also, as JohnDoe noted, the Morningstar is a pretty powerful small destroyer regardless, and it certainly doesn't need a flight deck.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:38:52 PM by MShadowy »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 09, 2016, 02:05:59 AM »

The Mornigstar WAS very strong, but it seems it was nerfed pretty hard in the recent update. The new drones aren't half as dangerous as the previous ones. Before, you couldn't lower your shield against a Morningstar, as the two ion drones would make your life miserable. And they would still be operational even when the ship is venting/overloaded.

The new sensor drone can only be deployed one at time and lack the ion cannon. Even though it boost the weapon range of the ship, it still feel quite underwhelming compared to before. Also, the description is the same as the old one.

I haven't played much SRA yet, maybe the new Morningstar would fit better as some kind of long range support now, i'm not sure. But it's very probable that it now can't rival with Enforcers like it used to.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 09, 2016, 06:20:03 AM »

This comes from the experiences i've had using both types of Morningstar.

The Morningstar (Military) has got the problem of not much rivalling power, but at the same time, with the Sensor Drone increasing it's range, having range mods on the ship can make it (possibly) effective.

But the real prize in my opinion is the Morningstar (Civilian).

Until I find a ship that can activate it's full set of mobility to really make the life of any brawling ship miserable within just a few bursts of it's weapon loadouts, then i'm sticking with the Civillian Morningstar.

Harassing and destroying Enforcers & Dominators has never been easier before, especially with Augmented Engines.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 09, 2016, 11:01:41 AM »

I'm a little confused - you'd take the Booster Jets and a little cargo space over the sensor+weapon range drone, higher flux capacity, and higher flux dissipation?  Dang.  The Morningstar was my go-to destroyer flagship in 0.65.2a, and it's still doing a very solid job for me in 0.7.1a, even with the nerf to its ship system.  Great mobility, the ability to use mid-range weapons at skirmishing range, and an amazing shield. (just don't let it drop or get hit from behind...)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 09, 2016, 12:54:33 PM »

I'm a little confused - you'd take the Booster Jets and a little cargo space over the sensor+weapon range drone, higher flux capacity, and higher flux dissipation?  Dang.  The Morningstar was my go-to destroyer flagship in 0.65.2a, and it's still doing a very solid job for me in 0.7.1a, even with the nerf to its ship system.  Great mobility, the ability to use mid-range weapons at skirmishing range, and an amazing shield. (just don't let it drop or get hit from behind...)

Being able to get in and do tons of damage, then swiftly get out of a situation can mean life or death for you, or the enemy.

Well, at least that my logic.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 09, 2016, 02:08:56 PM »

Being able to get in and do tons of damage, then swiftly get out of a situation can mean life or death for you, or the enemy.

Well, at least that my logic.
Isn't that what the Clade was designed for though?

Ceebees

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 09, 2016, 04:28:53 PM »

So, i've finally managed to get my grubby hands on a Belet-Seri, and, possibly due to the completely legitimate means by which i acquired it, it, uh... looks a little funny.
Spoiler
[close]

Fixable, or just an inevitable result of the way damage decals are applied?

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 09, 2016, 05:17:42 PM »

Due to how the vectored engines are implemented they show in the info panels and get damage decals applied to them - same as the Clade.

It goes away when it isn't shot full of holes like a sieve, yeah.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 107