Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1122139 times)

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
Re: (0.7.1a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6
« Reply #810 on: December 24, 2015, 11:44:32 AM »

And so I downloaded.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 24, 2015, 12:11:21 PM »

Thank you!

!
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 24, 2015, 12:12:39 PM »

That's a pile of new stuff!  :o Maybe this will make taking SY commission a more competitive option.  

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 26, 2015, 10:52:38 AM »

Is it just me or is Light CEPC still pretty crap? Contrary to what the description says, it has very poor accuracy as a PD weapon.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 26, 2015, 11:13:11 AM »

Hey, the small volcanic planet Cinderbox has something wrong with its description.  On my monitor it stretches across the entire screen and part of the description is unreadable when I mouseover it in the campaign screen.

Yeah, something weird happened with the descriptions csv; fixed now.

Is it just me or is Light CEPC still pretty crap? Contrary to what the description says, it has very poor accuracy as a PD weapon.

The overall problem is one present in all ballistic type PD, namely that the autofire ai is actually kinda bad at leading missiles.  This hits the point defense oriented CEPCs pretty hard since they're burst firing.  In the longer term, though, the triple doubles thing gives me room to buff the Chaingang and Light CEPC, probably by giving their projectile a flak effect or something, since it gives me the conceptual space to shove a more generic spammy rapid fire blaster weapon into.

Ceebees

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 26, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »

Merry spacemas indeed! Unfortunately, i think a couple things might not have come with batteries?

The Clade is a lot of fun, but the retro-drive is having some graphical errors when i use it. It looked fine in the dev version, so not sure what's up there.
Spoiler
[close]

Also, the 'pop' effect for the Medium CEPC is only playing from my left speaker, no matter which side the bolts are fired on. Could be the thing dying from getting tossed around, but the lighter versions sound fine.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 26, 2015, 01:11:40 PM »

Righto.  As far as the Clade problem is concerned, it was an error that I'd thought I'd fixed, published the mod, discovered it wasn't fixed on my own, and currently have probably fixed; it seems to have been an error resulting from the weapon angles not initializing properly.  As for the Medium CEPC sound effect, somehow when I was exporting it from audacity it converted from mono to stereo.  This led to the audio controls and positional audio not working properly.  It is a mystery.

Honestly, there've been enough things that I've dealt with that a hotfix is in order.  It'll be a little bit, need to do a bit more testing.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 26, 2015, 01:17:08 PM »

Just wanted to second the Clade being fun to fly.  It's all those fancy swiveling drive units; they're just fun to watch.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 26, 2015, 02:23:04 PM »

Glad to hear.  In any case, Hotfix up.

Shadowyards 0.6.0.1 Changelog:

• Converted the somehow stereo sound effect the Medium CEPC 'popping' back to monoaural, which was causing the audio to play way too loudly and the positional audio to not work
  • Fixed an error with the Vectored Thruster plugin that was causing flashing, weirdly stretched engine flares
  • Fixed an issue with the second stage of the Barrago where it's flight time was way shorter than it should have been
  • Fixed a major bug where Anar and Gigas wouldn't spawn if Nexerelin wasn't loaded
  • Fixed a number of description typoes and errors
    • The SRA faction description had somehow gotten deleted, this has been restored from a backup
    • The description for Cinderbox had somehow been broken into two sections which caused it to read oddly in game
    • Port descriptions for Lumen and Stillness now displaying properly
    • Fixed a weird issue in rules.csv which was keeping the sidebar text for the Berin's Stash market page from displaying properly
      • Also, changed the name of the small asteroid field around it to the Gliese Field
    • Added in a description for Sturmvald, which I'd forgotten to do
  • Fiddled with Berins' Stash market conditions (added Organized Crime and Hydroponics)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.7.1a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.0.1
« Reply #819 on: December 26, 2015, 09:31:17 PM »

Minor issue: Mimir's built-in Nidhoggr Lance is extremely quiet, to the point that I considered it completely silent till I tested in empty simulator. It's chargeup animation is also very faint.
I'd expect weapon that does 8k damage with long charge-up to be the most noticeable thing in whole starsector, so that player could properly counter it.

I'm also not sure it's in a good place balance-wise. Long range, accurate, fast projectile, ridiculous damage - AI can't reasonably handle that on receiving end. Then again, neither can player unless using capital, phase or very fast/instant mobility system.

Marcus Garvey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 27, 2015, 12:22:38 AM »

The Mimir is definitely one of the strongest capitals out there, but I think making the charging/firing a lot louder and flashier would go a long way towards making it more fair for the player to be on the receiving side of.

Kebabtschi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 27, 2015, 06:01:59 AM »

Hi MShadowy,

Some weeks ago i mentioned a CTD while fighting with or/and against SRA ships.
The log only showing this:

501901 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.null.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.null.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

After a lot of testing i figured out that this happens only while fighting against fighters, with siege mode turned on and with the tartarus... I'm not sure if there is another ship with the same abilety and if it would happen with this ship too.
The situation when it happens: While a fighter wreck is reaching the border of the battlefield and siege mode is turned on, it gives me a CDT. The problem is, it is not 100% reproducible. But some conditions make it occure more often. There have to be a lot of fighters/bombers on the battlefield. It seems it happens more frequently (or only... not shure yet) when in siege mode, turning off the schield because flux is very high and then turning them on again (never leaving siege mode).
The tartarus is  equiped with SRA weapons (from front to rear: 2x Medium CEPC (front mounts), Wavepulse Cannon, Medium CEPC (first medium Turret), 3 x Scatter CEPC (the other 3 medium turret mounts) and 4 x light CEPC)
I failed to repruduce it with vanilla only and starsector+. Until now it happened only with SS+ + Nexerelin. Problem is i didn't had the time to test it with all modcombinations plus the exact same equipment. So maybe it can happen in vanilla or SS+ too if i get hands on the same weapons. The Problem is the starting location in Nex is at a SRA Planet with the weapons on the market and with SS+ or vanilla you start at a different Planet.

I hope this will help you to pinpoint the Problem. I have no problems with other faction mods or modcombinations while SRA is turned off.

Thanks for the great work!

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 27, 2015, 09:10:11 AM »

.... ohhhhkaaaayyyy.

Well, report received, but I've got no idea what might be causing that, even with the notes you've added.  I'll do what I can.

Edit:  I've been informed that this somehow relates to some form of abnormal engine state (flameouts, malfunctions or partial engine loss and zero flux boosts); how this relates still kinda seems a mystery, but I at least may have somewhere to start.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 09:59:30 AM by MShadowy »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 27, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »

Problem successfully diagnosed, and a fix proposed!  Huzzah!  Many thanks to Alex for tracking down what was breaking.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.7.1a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6.0.2
« Reply #824 on: December 27, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »

Alright, bugfix time.

0.6.0.2 Changelog:

• Fixed a Null Pointer Exception with the Siege Mode system that could occur while the System was active, the shield was off, the ship had less than 25% of it max flux, and an officer with Helmsmanship 10 was piloting it
    • Additionally removed the tiny 0.02 f/s cost that prevented this issue from coming up earlier; now anyone can get a 50% effective 0 flux speed boost
  • Fixed an issue with the Clades vectored thrusters which would cause weird visual glitches similar to the more general issue fixed in 0.6.0.1 while the system was active
  • Increased the volume of the Nidhoggr Lance charge and firing effects, and made the firing sound effect sharper; hopefully it will make the weapon firing more noticeable

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 107