Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115349 times)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.7a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.6 (development)
« Reply #765 on: November 30, 2015, 12:52:56 PM »

I'm almost certain that's a Nexerelin bug.  Shadowyards does not do any special faction spawning action in it's scripting, and if I were still using outdated personality ids in the faction file it would crash the game while initializing the campaign (specifically while doing the first couple months of economy simulation).

Also, there's this, right before the crash:

79509 [Thread-5] WARN  exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig  - Faction config not found: neutral
79509 [Thread-5] WARN  exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig  - Faction config not found: neutral

The actual crash itself indicates that game is trying to create an officer with an invalid personality, so if I had to guess, Nexerelin, unable to find the desired faction configuration file, is defaulting to something else which still includes the [fearless] personality trait.   Since that trait has been removed in 0.7a, the game can't load it and crashes.

cpmartins

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 30, 2015, 01:11:11 PM »

I'll post it on Nexerelin's thread then.
It's weird because I'm running other factions too, and only when using SRI it crashes. That's why I posted it here.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 03, 2015, 08:27:41 AM »

Just wanted to thank you for awesome mod, very intersesting ships with cool design and good art, rock on!
Do you plan to add D-class red versions of your ships? That would be awesome as pirates need extra variety.

One thing though, Raksasha Bomber Wing description states that it's used by SRA privateers, but with an ungodly low speed of 6 , I don't think that the privateers will catch up to anyone (possibly 0.65 speed entry).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:14:32 AM by Bastion.Systems »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 03, 2015, 09:23:15 AM »

Yeah.  It's an oversight that's already been fixed for the next dev release, but there a number of unrelated issues that I need to take care of first.

And yes, I do plan on adding (D) variants of several ships following the full release of 0.6

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 03, 2015, 09:30:53 AM »

Excellent! I just changed the speed with notepad++ for now, for a dev release it's surprisingly not broken.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 03, 2015, 10:29:18 AM »

And yes, I do plan on adding (D) variants of several ships following the full release of 0.6

Ughhhh.... couldn't you rather take the extra time to create more unique pirate ships that a self respecting pirate would actually be proud of like you have already done instead of defiling existing sprites and turning them into flying coffins that are there only to be blown up by the player?

(D) ships are such a waste.

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 03, 2015, 10:52:09 AM »

I like the (D) concept myself, it's just they're not worth the price, so they're just garbage pointlessly filling up the black market.

If the price tag matched the product, I bet you would find them less annoying.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 03, 2015, 10:56:42 AM »

LOL, you just described them perfectly.

Not by a long shot. Even if they were dirt cheap, they wouldn't be worth the supplies and crew.

Each defect is a debilitating flaw in it of its own, and most (D) ships come with 2 making them useless for the player.

Plus they're always broken in the same way so not even variety is ensured.

Kebabtschi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 07, 2015, 05:26:11 AM »

Hi,

I'm getting Ctd while i'm in Battle. The other mods i use are SS+ 3.0.0, Nexelerin 0.7c beta (LazyLib 2.1;Version Checker 1.4c;ShaderLib Beta 1.1.1).
So i'm not sure if it is your mod or the combination of the mods.
The log says:
1938145 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.null.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.null.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I really like your mod!

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 07, 2015, 06:01:06 AM »

Is Shadowyards compatible with 0.7.1a, or only 0.7a so far?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 07, 2015, 06:42:11 AM »

0.7a mods are compatible with 0.7.1a but won't offer commission or engage in hostilities.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 07, 2015, 06:46:46 AM »

Is Shadowyards compatible with 0.7.1a, or only 0.7a so far?

Shadowyards does work in 0.7.1a, yes.  The mod doesn't do anything too fancy, and the changes made to bring it up to date with 0.7a are still valid for 0.7.1a.  As Tartiflette noted, though, the SRA won't have the ability to engage in some of the changed behaviors yet.

Hi,

I'm getting Ctd while i'm in Battle. The other mods i use are SS+ 3.0.0, Nexelerin 0.7c beta (LazyLib 2.1;Version Checker 1.4c;ShaderLib Beta 1.1.1).
So i'm not sure if it is your mod or the combination of the mods.
The log says:
snip

I really like your mod!

Well, that's rather non-specific; can you give some more specifics about what was happening when the crash(es) occurred?

Also, thank ye.

Spartan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 07, 2015, 09:25:47 AM »

I ran into the "Fearless ID" problem cpmartins mentioned a few days back.

Original Post
Spoiler
I'm almost certain that's a Nexerelin bug.  Shadowyards does not do any special faction spawning action in it's scripting, and if I were still using outdated personality ids in the faction file it would crash the game while initializing the campaign (specifically while doing the first couple months of economy simulation).

Also, there's this, right before the crash:

79509 [Thread-5] WARN  exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig  - Faction config not found: neutral
79509 [Thread-5] WARN  exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig  - Faction config not found: neutral

The actual crash itself indicates that game is trying to create an officer with an invalid personality, so if I had to guess, Nexerelin, unable to find the desired faction configuration file, is defaulting to something else which still includes the [fearless] personality trait.   Since that trait has been removed in 0.7a, the game can't load it and crashes.
[close]

I was able to replicate the issue, locate what I believe to be the culprit, and patch it.  Two files in the Shadowyards 5.2.5 folder reference the older "Fearless" label.

Problem Location
Spoiler
..\shadow_ships\data\world\factions\shadow_industry.faction
Line 229
"fearless":1,

..\shadow_ships\data\world\factions\pirateAnar.faction
Line 227
"fearless":1,
[close]

My take on the bug is that Nexerelin references one or both of these two factions when it is creating its sector.  Since those two factions have the older "fearless" flag toggled, it causes the crash.  Setting them both to 0 instead of 1 has proved a valid workaround in my testing.

Workaround
Spoiler
..\shadow_ships\data\world\factions\shadow_industry.faction
Line 229
"fearless":0,

..\shadow_ships\data\world\factions\pirateAnar.faction
Line 227
"fearless":0,
[close]

If you would like more detailed troubleshooting procedures or other specifications, please let me know.  I'll respond back as soon as possible.

Thanks for all the hard work on the mod MShadowy.  I greatly enjoy it alongside many others in this amazing game.  Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:29:11 AM by Spartan »
-Always Hope

Kanil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 07, 2015, 09:59:46 AM »

Well, that's rather non-specific; can you give some more specifics about what was happening when the crash(es) occurred?

I'm not sure if it's related to his problem, but I've been having some in-battle crashes that I think are caused by the Tartarus, and possibly it's siege mode more specifically. I've been unable to determine what exactly causes the crashes, but simply using the Tartarus (and siege mode) in battle often (but not always) seems to result in a crash. I've encountered no crashes prior to buying a Tartarus, so I think it's something to do with the ship.

806037 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.H.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.H.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
This particular crash is with the most recent SRA dev version, StarSector 0.7a, a slightly out of date Nexerelin, and Diable Avionics. I have had similar sorts of crashes while just using SRA on it's own. I have not yet tried 0.7.1a, however.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 07, 2015, 10:14:41 AM »

Ah, so it's outdated faction files that somehow haven't been replaced then.  I should have known.  The references to deprecated AI type were removed even before I posted the first dev version; I should probably have reminded people to completely replace their SRA folder instead of just write over it.

As for the Tartarus, if that's the case then I'll definitely have to investigate it.  Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 107