Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115530 times)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.65a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.5.2.1
« Reply #690 on: November 04, 2014, 08:31:38 AM »

Does the patch mess with this mod? I haven't tried yet. Doesn't look like it would, just wondering.

To the best of my knowledge it hasn't, but I haven't had much time since the hotfix patch was released to much testing.  So run the current version with caution I guess.

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 04, 2014, 09:11:29 AM »

running it now taking an ...."extended" lunch.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 07, 2014, 11:17:42 PM »

Hey MShadowy, any chance you could upload v0.4.7b Dev Version somewhere? It's needed for SS+, but all I was able to find through the thread is either standard 0.4.7, which crashes because of Potnia, or latest 0.4.x dev, which you apparently uploaded to the same place where older dev versions were, overwriting these.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 08, 2014, 04:45:01 PM »

Hey MShadowy, any chance you could upload v0.4.7b Dev Version somewhere? It's needed for SS+, but all I was able to find through the thread is either standard 0.4.7, which crashes because of Potnia, or latest 0.4.x dev, which you apparently uploaded to the same place where older dev versions were, overwriting these.

Sorry, I'm afraid I do not.  If you really need it I guess I can go back and render a fixed version of 0.4.7b, though to my understanding SS+ recently updated, though it seems DR is having some issues with the fuel supply.  Starsectors economy is an arcane and esoteric beast.

Anyway, 0.5.2.2 ready.

Changelog 0.5.2.2:

• Fixed a crash resulting from an omission in the Civilian variant modification.
  • Some missile tweaks:
    • Increased acceleration of Tusk Torpedo (50 to 200), Splinter Rocket (50 to 400), and Blackcap Missile (800 to 900).
    • Adjusted range of the Shrike ASM to more accurately represent it's actual range; also implemented a custom AI to return it to it's simple, direct approach behavior, due to the new missile AI causing the Shrike to miss shots unnecessarily from the increased maneuvering missiles now undergo. (Thanks Tartiflette!)

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: (0.65.1a) Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.5.2.2
« Reply #694 on: November 11, 2014, 10:58:20 AM »

I have some partial feedback, but I haven't tried an exhaustive set of the ships or weapons since .65.1.

The SRA ships (except for the morningstar) are very thirsty for fuel. It's not too problematic if you're bounty hunting in just one system, but it is undesirable for bounty hunters looking for named bounties. It's too expensive for traders (and probably smugglers).

The Ashnan is more combat capable than a shepherd and is swifter, but its limited cargo (for it's LR) and especially high fuel consumption makes it a poor freighter.

Except for Seski, (C)ivilian ships are less good, but don't cost less deployment points. Unrelated to performance the whitish color matches the whitish stripes on the pulse laser, and it makes me feel unreasonably satisfied that it finally matches a set of ships.

The splinter rack is still throwing out dud missiles. I don't know what it'd take to fix it, but it seems to be throwing fewer duds per salvo. Usually 1, and occasionally 2.

Has the Murti been nerfed? It feels less potent now than it did last time I used it. From memory the stats don't look too different, but i can't really recall for sure. The windup also feels longer than before.

That's all for now. My character is only level 20 and too poor to buy a third morningstar. Once i can get more everything i'll probably have more feedback.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 13, 2014, 05:28:31 PM »

Hi! I use Shadowyards as part of the Starsector+ modpack (which combines several mods together). And I don't know if this issue has been brought up before, but Shadowyards' economy seems a bit overpowered than anyone else's by a large margin. For example, you can usually buy supplies for half of what you can get them in Corvus (normally the cheapest/largest supply producer in vanilla Starsector), and the same for fuel in comparison to Askonia (again, normally the cheapest/largest supplier in vanilla). It also overproduces other goods and sells them cheaper than every other sector, though not to the same extreme as 50% off the next cheapest planet like with fuel and supply. It's a massive boon for anyone looking to profit from trade... to the point of feeling like an exploit.

I suspect the issue is the combination of it's 10^8 population and extremely high stability, probably due to Shadowyards fleets being deadly enough to wipe out any pirate that dares even look at a trade route. Have you considered nerfing the Anar economy, or is it unparalleled might intended due to the faction's backstory?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 14, 2014, 07:08:22 AM »

Anar is intended to be an economic powerhouse, yes.

Beyond that, the workings of the economy are still rather mysterious, and right now at least I have it working without destablizing prices (particularly of fuel) sector wide.  I suppose I can tweak values and see if something brings those prices back in line; I suspect, however, that we'll be seeing systems with a similar level of development to Anar in a future release of Starsector.  I doubt that Jangala represents any of the Hegemony's core worlds.

Beyond that, at least, I feel that this is partially (though perhaps very minimally) balanced by the fact that there's really very little reason to go to Anar, excepting either opportune moments or if one's gaming the system by storing massive quantities of food on shortage prone planets--which I kinda view as an exploit anyway, and I'm not going to balance around it.

Excepting named bounties, you'll never end up hunting in the system as there are no pirates present--though a curious issue will occasionally arise in which Anar will occasionally put out very large bounties to hunt nothing--and food shortages are pretty uncommon, even on the two less stable planets in the system (Lumen and Melancholia).

Still, I guess it's potentially an issue, so I'll at least touch on it and see if something can be done.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #697 on: November 14, 2014, 07:25:11 AM »

You could probably just drop the Euripides population from the current 10^8 to 10^7 for now (well, assuming that has any direct effect on the economy). David said he might bump up the population of the vanilla planets in future versions.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 15, 2014, 12:24:01 PM »

Anar is intended to be an economic powerhouse, yes.

Beyond that, the workings of the economy are still rather mysterious, and right now at least I have it working without destablizing prices (particularly of fuel) sector wide.  I suppose I can tweak values and see if something brings those prices back in line; I suspect, however, that we'll be seeing systems with a similar level of development to Anar in a future release of Starsector.  I doubt that Jangala represents any of the Hegemony's core worlds.

Beyond that, at least, I feel that this is partially (though perhaps very minimally) balanced by the fact that there's really very little reason to go to Anar, excepting either opportune moments or if one's gaming the system by storing massive quantities of food on shortage prone planets--which I kinda view as an exploit anyway, and I'm not going to balance around it.

Excepting named bounties, you'll never end up hunting in the system as there are no pirates present--though a curious issue will occasionally arise in which Anar will occasionally put out very large bounties to hunt nothing--and food shortages are pretty uncommon, even on the two less stable planets in the system (Lumen and Melancholia).

Still, I guess it's potentially an issue, so I'll at least touch on it and see if something can be done.

Don't forget a surplus of goods can prevent shortages, which in turn increases the average stability in nearby systems -- and consequently, reduces pirate activity there. So an economic super-power might be more attractive for traders, but it may drive combat-oriented players out of the area since there will be less to hunt.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 27, 2014, 03:01:32 PM »

Something I just noticed today: you may want to consider nerfing the CEPC a bit, since it's strictly superior to the vanilla IR Pulse Laser.  (Okay, technically the IR Pulse is ahead on sustained DPS by all of 6DPS out of 100, but the CEPC beats it out in all other categories: range, burst damage, armor penetration, flux efficiency, and ordnance point cost.)

As a side-note, there's no such issue with the Medium CEPC compared the Pulse Laser; in this case, the shadowyards' weapon pays for its advantages with a much higher ordnance point cost and a noticeably lower sustained DPS.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 11, 2015, 08:34:20 AM »

Sooo, how's it going?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 12, 2015, 06:29:52 AM »

I have been entirely focused on illustration projects, so basically nothing has gotten done related to Shadowyards for a while now.  Excepting that, things have been going well, if a little slower than I'd like.

cpmartins

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 17, 2015, 12:21:17 AM »

Just wanted to let you know that is is my favourite mod when playing SS+. All ships synergize amazingly well, and the morningstar has become my main ship, even when my fleet has battleship-size hulls. So, thanks for your amazing work!

Denebio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 20, 2015, 09:40:59 AM »

A little question. Shadowyards don't put any named bounties ... Was that intentional so i won't get my tartarus so easily ?
What you do when you can't defeat a boss ? Go to base, get bigger guns and return with guns blazing. Repeat if problem still occurs

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 20, 2015, 12:17:52 PM »

Bounties aren't implemented for this faction. Have to wait for MShadowy to come back and add them.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 107