Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115450 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.6a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.4.2.1
« Reply #435 on: September 28, 2013, 10:18:12 AM »

Edit: BTW are you still working on this big guy? 0.6 can now give him a proper job as a big logistic ship.

Spoiler
[close]

It's so big.
(that's what she said, hue)

Oh and yes, maybe it was called Solidarity and Tartarus....Not sure where I got Singularity from... I saw "-arity" and thought Singularity, I guess.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 28, 2013, 11:05:05 AM »

You and cyc are OBSESSED with teleporting cap ships huh?

Well, I... uh... I guess?

It's so big.
(that's what she said, hue)

And mostly helpless!  Essentially intended to be a mobile shipyard and giant effing logistics craft, the Archipelago is planned to be able to make all manner of things (at least in versions of Starsector with an economy) but needs access to raw materials to do so; if she can't make her own, she'll be a huge supply hog.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 28, 2013, 06:56:23 PM »

Logistically, the Sargasso seems a little expensive and out of place.

It costs 5 supplies per day, moves at burn 4, is not heavily armed and has 1 flight deck.

Meanwhile, the Charybdis costs only 6 supplies per day, ALSO moves at speed 4 (as it should, it's supposedly the fastest cruisercarrier and 4 seems right for that) but is considerably better armed with 2 flight decks.

The ship system on the Sargasso is interesting, and it is a little cheaper to deploy, but overall I can never convince myself to buy one over the Charybdis.  A speed boost to 5 or a sharp reduction in supplies per day would probably help with that.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 28, 2013, 09:02:45 PM »

Hmmm... well, not every consideration I've made is necessarily a good one.  I'll experiment with one or the other (or both), since in retrospect the class does have a pretty (hugely) exploitable lack of pd.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 29, 2013, 05:32:53 PM »

Hmmm.... maybe it's just me, but the Pandora Array seems to be misbehaving a bit more than I'd thought now.  And I do know that some others have been reporting issues with the blasted thing.

Anyone else noticing if it's colliding with objects other than shields?  Also it seems to be increasingly unpredictable in the number of sparks spawned and whether their explosions actually do damage.  I think I may have to put off any significant balance changes to the Pandora until I can sort these issues out.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:37:52 PM by MShadowy »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 29, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »

I pretty much have up using it after trying out out ... wildly unpredictable damage and targets, eternal charge-up, and while you're aiming it your main guns aren't hitting your target. It's just not fun right now.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 29, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »

Yeah, trying to get it working right again.  I'm doing quite a bit of cleanup but a number of odd errors seem to be emerging.  Suffice to say, there's likely to be a lot of work required.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 02, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »

Due to the release of 0.6.1a I'm releasing a quick update with all that I've got done so far.  Not quite the release I was hoping for, but a bit necessary due to the deprecation of the FleetGoal.DEFEND flag in missions.

Changelog (0.4.2.2):
  • Partially updated Pandora Array scripts; may apply damage more consistently.
    • Sparks still colliding with objects though.
  • Further changes to the Elysiums drive system, in response to it being entirely too awesome as well as the changes to Peak Combat Time:
    • Now 5 second duration (3 seconds up, 2 seconds down) instead of indefinite duration.  Still toggleable.
    • While active the system prevents forward acceleration but greatly enhances lateral thrusters.
    • While deactivating it provides a considerable (+200%) boost to speed.
      • For like two seconds, just so we're clear here.
  • Added another variant for the Solidarity.  Because.
  • Euripides now has a custom graphic when approaching it.
  • Updated Mission scripts to be compatible with 0.6.1a
  • Made some adjustments to the weapons sounds for the Wamgun, Pandora, and Nidhoggr.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:19:48 PM by MShadowy »

Jazzrish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: (0.6.1a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries v0.4.2.2
« Reply #443 on: October 02, 2013, 10:43:21 PM »

0.6.1a modife "suppliesPerMarinePerDay" to 0.02. suggest keep the pace, it's a more reasonable value.
sorry for my english..

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 03, 2013, 01:09:17 AM »

Found a typo on the SHI Mission 'Triune.'

Second line of fluff text, it says "As you may have heard, Hegemony Special Forces have assaulted or research facility on Duranda III."

Assaulted or (should be 'our') facility.

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 03, 2013, 02:27:03 PM »

I know I was just ragging on you about a typo on one of the missions, and a lot of people rag on you about how the ships are 'ugly,' I just wanted to give you kudos, personally. Many mods just put out a bunch of ships and weapons, and leave the fluff out to dry. You've shown a good deal of dedication in deliberately rounding out and putting some real flesh on the lore of your faction, and the functionality and history of your ships.

I'd love to see how you further develop the SHI system, and not only that, I'd love to see some more interaction with various SHI fleets and operations across the sector. The new asteroid dialogue interface may seem like 'not much,' but I'm betting it can have some really interesting effects if used by a skilled modder. You've made SHI a vibrant and interesting faction, and I'm looking forward to what you do with this mod.

Perhaps, though, it's time for modders to pioneer the way forward- letting players have a genuine impact on Corvus. Allowing SHI to expand into other systems, interact with other factions, what have you. It may be difficult to nail down, but that's just my two cents.

Again, thank you for the unique and engaging faction. Independently-minded wildcat industrial outfits are good fun all around.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 03, 2013, 02:35:43 PM »

I know I was just ragging on you about a typo on one of the missions, and a lot of people rag on you about how the ships are 'ugly,' I just wanted to give you kudos, personally. Many mods just put out a bunch of ships and weapons, and leave the fluff out to dry. You've shown a good deal of dedication in deliberately rounding out and putting some real flesh on the lore of your faction, and the functionality and history of your ships.

I'd love to see how you further develop the SHI system, and not only that, I'd love to see some more interaction with various SHI fleets and operations across the sector. The new asteroid dialogue interface may seem like 'not much,' but I'm betting it can have some really interesting effects if used by a skilled modder. You've made SHI a vibrant and interesting faction, and I'm looking forward to what you do with this mod.

Perhaps, though, it's time for modders to pioneer the way forward- letting players have a genuine impact on Corvus. Allowing SHI to expand into other systems, interact with other factions, what have you. It may be difficult to nail down, but that's just my two cents.

Again, thank you for the unique and engaging faction. Independently-minded wildcat industrial outfits are good fun all around.

Man, anyone who says the Shadowyards ships are ugly is insane. They're easily one of the best designed mod factions in game, tied for it with Blackrock Driveyards in my mind. Add my kudos to yours, TGAMCallahan. :)
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 03, 2013, 02:40:24 PM »

Thank you.  The lore behind the group probably isn't entirely in line with the standard Starsector fluff, but a lot of thought has gone into it; once again I remind myself to finish that lore-bucket post I've been ever so slowly adding onto.  I was aiming to have a fix release for a number of minor issues tonight (including the typo), but I'm afraid I've had to deal with come pretty serious anxiety today and I'm not really up for it.  Tomorrow then.

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 03, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »

I'd say my only real gripe with the mod is the portraits. Not only are they all women, but they really, really clash with the regular portaits. BRDY is worse, though, 'cos AFAIK, they don't have any selectable portraits.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 03, 2013, 03:02:50 PM »

Well, I'm afraid that's likely to remain the case; I planned and still plan to use portraits of my own devising, and, to be honest, even though it might be possible able to ape David's style I'm not sure I'd be happy doing so.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 107