Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1115328 times)

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: (0.53a) Shadowyards Heavy Industries
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2012, 11:43:46 PM »

Well, I got the sprite done... ish.

I'm actually quite happy with how it turned out!

Me too, exellent as always  ;D

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2012, 01:31:47 AM »

widen the engine area a bit and lengthen it and it should be good.
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2012, 09:27:09 AM »

Well, because I couldn't get it out of my mind I kinda worked on this when I shouldn't have (keep it under your hats, okay?) and, well it's done.  Thanks to medikohl for the suggestion to widen the engine area as well, that actually did help quite a bit.

Also, glad you like it Thule!

I now consider this done.  Huzzah!

SteelRonin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2012, 10:30:05 AM »

NO NO NOOOO dont do it! i love the original this, sort of stick in the middle looks tottaly out of place...

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »

NO NO NOOOO dont do it! i love the original this, sort of stick in the middle looks tottaly out of place...

Well... but... listen, how bout we compromise?  I'm done with the sprite, and personally I think the open area you're talking about adds a lot of impact to the design, but it's not like I've gotten rid of the (very slightly) older sprite either.  Or for that matter the old hull file.  I could zip those up separately and put them up for those who like the old design more if you think that works?

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2012, 02:19:11 PM »

Well... but... listen, how bout we compromise?  I'm done with the sprite, and personally I think the open area you're talking about adds a lot of impact to the design, but it's not like I've gotten rid of the (very slightly) older sprite either.  Or for that matter the old hull file.  I could zip those up separately and put them up for those who like the old design more if you think that works?

is the old design the really small one with 1 medium turret and a single small hardpoint?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2012, 02:27:35 PM »

Well, that would be the original, which I kinda nixed before even doing anything with it simply because it was obviously too compressed.  I'm guessing he's talking about the second, the one which added the turret and stretched it out a bit.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2012, 02:48:32 PM »

Added your mod to the Master Mod List.

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2012, 03:20:28 PM »

He has gained (wait for it)

LEGITIMACY
"Watch me"

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »

Added your mod to the Master Mod List.

Thanks, Trylobot!

He has gained (wait for it)

LEGITIMACY

Well... guess I have.  Feels nice.

Anyway, onto mod stuff.  I was hoping to release tonight but I've hit a bit of a snag.  Screwing around with making variants for the Seski I came across a gap.  A weapons gap!  There were weapons I wanted that didn't exist!

So now I've got to make some more guns for the thing (and I guess the rest of my ships as well); I'm planning on three to four at moment.  General concept is "blasters with an ammo well"--with a small single barrelled variant, two medium variants (one with multiple cannons and one that's basically a gorramn shotgun) and possibly a small pd variant.  Lore excuse for the ammo use is basically that they use a physical carrier for the energy pulse, so I guess I'm calling the lot CEPC's (Carried Energy Pulse Cannons); I may also finally get around to making medium sized launchers for the blackcap and shrike.

Basically I just wanted a multibarreled medium energy turret.

And of course there's always the delay that comes to me from being unable to think of mission scenarios.  Blah.

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2012, 04:32:58 PM »

Well... guess I have.  Feels nice.

Anyway, onto mod stuff.  I was hoping to release tonight but I've hit a bit of a snag.  Screwing around with making variants for the Seski I came across a gap.  A weapons gap!  There were weapons I wanted that didn't exist!

So now I've got to make some more guns for the thing (and I guess the rest of my ships as well); I'm planning on three to four at moment.  General concept is "blasters with an ammo well"--with a small single barrelled variant, two medium variants (one with multiple cannons and one that's basically a gorramn shotgun) and possibly a small pd variant.  Lore excuse for the ammo use is basically that they use a physical carrier for the energy pulse, so I guess I'm calling the lot CEPC's (Carried Energy Pulse Cannons); I may also finally get around to making medium sized launchers for the blackcap and shrike.

Basically I just wanted a multibarreled medium energy turret.

And of course there's always the delay that comes to me from being unable to think of mission scenarios.  Blah.

might I suggest the autopulse as a basis for code design?  it stores up a series of charges that then get expended as it fires, then slowly it refills it's ammo well
"Watch me"

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2012, 04:39:36 PM »

might I suggest the autopulse as a basis for code design?  it stores up a series of charges that then get expended as it fires, then slowly it refills it's ammo well

Yeah, that would probably work for a base aye.  Probably have to mix it up with various other weapons to get right effect but it's definitely a starting point.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2012, 06:46:37 PM »

I like it. Stuff that takes skill to lead once in a while is fun.

SteelRonin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2012, 02:20:01 AM »

i just think that the stick thing looks completely out of place, if you move the med turret back abit it would look alot nicer

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2012, 02:28:38 AM »

are you going for the capital ship next?
"Watch me"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 107