Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 107

Author Topic: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc4(4/12/21)  (Read 1121399 times)

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc1(4/12/21)
« Reply #1470 on: April 13, 2021, 12:41:13 PM »

aww yess

Kanil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 13, 2021, 03:51:44 PM »

Thank you for the update.

cavebird

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 13, 2021, 03:54:24 PM »

Hey there! What an awesome mod! Two questions:

1) I saw on an older comment that there was some kind of bug with the troop transport not working correctly. Can anyone confirm it works now?

2) I ran into an Eir-class liner in the marketplace! What kind of function in a playthrough would such a ship have?

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 13, 2021, 10:07:22 PM »

The Potnia's troop bonus should be working correctly, yes. As for the Eir, under normal circumstances I suspect it's best use case is setting up a lot of colonies all at once, though I imagine it would be a fantastic troop transport just thought the sheer number of bodies you could squeeze into it.

DoubleWelp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 14, 2021, 05:34:23 AM »

Hey, thanks for the update.

I'm getting a crash to desktop after purchasing a Shadowyards colony (I think it's from Nexerelin?). Almost every time I check the market of the colony I purchased, this will happen. Not sure of the pattern yet, sometimes it opens fine.

Code
670648 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.MS_redwingsMarketHandlerPlugin$RedwingsMarketListener.reportPlayerOpenedMarketAndCargoUpdated(MS_redwingsMarketHandlerPlugin.java:116)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportPlayerOpenedMarketAndCargoUpdated(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.E.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.k.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.k.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0oO$5.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0oO.setCurrentTab(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0oO.setCurrentTab(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V.showCoreInternal(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V.showCore(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.OpenCoreTab.execute(OpenCoreTab.java:40)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interface.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 14, 2021, 06:26:35 AM »

Huh, that's weird; it means it's not finding the black market. Well, I'll put in a catch for it I guess.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 07:54:38 AM by MShadowy »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc2(4/14/21)
« Reply #1476 on: April 14, 2021, 05:20:48 PM »

And a minor update to the Yardies, mainly to deal with the previously reported crash bug.

=download 0.9.5-rc2=

=GAT crash patch=

If you've already downloaded this release of Shadowyards you're going to want to dowload this as well, since it fixes a crash when piloting the redwings clade and using its ship system.

0.9.5-rc2 Changelog

• Reduced the cost of Charge Cyclers to 3/6/9/12 OP (from 5/10/15/20) and improved the charge regen rate to 10%
  • Changed the names of the Particle Dart and Lance (to the Kamal Particle Dart and Mughal Particle Lance) and improved their descriptions
  • Additionally the Mughal's range has been increased to 1300 (from 1250)
  • Added a Military Market to Euripides
  • Added a very *extra* player specific portrait
  • Fixed a NPE crash that could sometimes happen in Nexerelin due to not finding a planetary black market somehow
  • Improved the market handling script so that it will now add SRA related special items to their markets occasionally
  • Removed the guaranteed Shadowyards station bp from the Theramin military market
  • Fixed some color problems on the Skadi sprite

0.9.5-rc3 Changelog

• Fixed a dumb oversight crash with the SWACs system
  • Fixed a crash with the GAT system on destroyer scale ships
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 07:44:08 AM by MShadowy »

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 14, 2021, 08:53:35 PM »

Hello!

I've been enjoying the new updates to the mod, it'd actually been years since I last played with it, and the improvements and additions across the board are fantastic - seeing the custom station for the first time was truly a sight to behold

However, I noticed a few things pertaining to some of the ship systems though, which I'm not sure are intended

Firstly, fighter control relays description seems misleading; as best I can tell, it only affects fighters from the hosts ship, and this boost to its fighters actually has infinite range.

Secondly, the targeting jammers systems range, is not affected by systems expertise (this probably affects other ship systems as well).

Third, that the Minos' ship system seems to do absolutely nothing regarding ECM, as best I could tell.

Fourth and finally, that the Lock Drive on the Mimr has a tendancy to be used suicidally (at least with aggressive AI), ramming point blank into enemy capitals, which normally cripples or outright destroys the Mimr itself, and sends the enemy capital away at several hundred SU/s

Some unrelated notes:

I thought it was strange that the nidhoggr lance didn't have missile passthrough considering its slow ROF and huge damage.

The Wavepulse repeater on the Redwings Vardr currently has no weapon description.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 14, 2021, 09:12:28 PM »

https://github.com/MShadowy/shadowyards/releases/download/0.9.5-rc3/Shadowyards_0.9.5-rc3.zip

Okay, first things first those of you who've already downloaded the mod will likely want to redownload the mod from the link above, since I absent mindedly added a NPE error to the Fighter Control Relay system.

As for the comment, the FCR is intended to only effect fighters from the ship itself, so I'll look at the description when I have the chance. I'll also check the jammers and the ecm system and see what they're about, it's possible changes to how these thing work have hit them in ways I didn't notice.

Also that's a bit curious, the Mimir should be a bit better about what it rams into, as I ended up going over the system and made it much less ram-happy (which was a result of bad calculation for determining collision damage); it should also not be effected by captain aggressiveness at all.

In any case, thanks for the detailed comments, they should prove helpful.

Karion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 15, 2021, 02:09:44 AM »

Hi, first i want to say that your mod is amazig, love the art and the style of the ships

Don' know if  it is a common crash but i just got one when trying to use the GAT from a redwing destroyer during a simulation

Spoiler
4620435 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.shipsystems.scripts.MS_GAT.apply(MS_GAT.java:96)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.F.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
[close]

Hope this help and thank you for the mod!

jyjakafe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 15, 2021, 06:42:19 AM »

i did the shamash start in a non-nex game and the level 1 officer generated had no skills.

also the starting innana does not turn to use its broadside mounts under AI control to engage enemy ships. it faces forward and uses polarizer instead of using storm blasters
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 06:54:47 AM by jyjakafe »

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: April 15, 2021, 07:07:40 AM »

Hi, first i want to say that your mod is amazig, love the art and the style of the ships

Don' know if  it is a common crash but i just got one when trying to use the GAT from a redwing destroyer during a simulation

Spoiler
4620435 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.shipsystems.scripts.MS_GAT.apply(MS_GAT.java:96)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.F.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
[close]

Hope this help and thank you for the mod!

... okay, went back and looked over the script and that'd explain it; I wonder how long the entry that supposed to have been for Destroyers was "Default" and I just didn't notice it because no destroyers used the system. I'm pretty sure I tested this on the Clade before but it must not have had any beam weapons on it.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority 0.9.5-rc3(4/12/21)
« Reply #1482 on: April 15, 2021, 07:36:59 AM »

Okay, I'm just gonna do a patch for this and edit the posted version with the crash fix; if you've already downloaded the bugged version, download this file and replace the contents of your /mods/Shadowyars/jars folder with it: https://github.com/MShadowy/shadowyards/releases/download/0.9.5-rc3/drop-contents-into-jars.zip

The core rc3 has been updated so people who haven't already download the mod version won't have to worry.

smithtrlane

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: April 15, 2021, 12:12:57 PM »

I think Euripides is a bit much right now... baring shortages or pirates, its stability bonus is a staggering +19, when Chicomoztoc and Sindria have +16 (Sin is supposed to have +18, but it's stuck in a permanent fuel shortage...), Kazeron and Gilead have +15 (usually less for Kaz because fuel shortage...), and Volturn, Eventide, Mazalot and Tartessus all have +13. Not only that, but now, with Euripides' military market (re-) added, Theramin feels redundant.
I think Euripides' military market should go, and maybe remove its Patrol HQ, or move the Redwing HQ to Theramin (possibly swap-out Theramin's High Command for the Redwing HQ?).
Speaking of Theramin, the "Partially Irradiated" seems to be missing from its market conditions, not sure if intentional or not.

But hey, up to you to decide... just thought I'd offer some observations.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: April 15, 2021, 12:37:55 PM »

Hmm... well, I'll think on it a bit; ideally it wouldn't have a military market, but adding Redwings Command to the market somehow marked it as being a military market without actually, y'know, being one. As for the stability, I suppose it would be easy enough to change the stability bonus the Command structure provides so it doesn't add stability past a certain point or something.

I'm not sure what quite is up with the conditions, I'll give it a peek.

E: okay, figured out what was up with Redwings Command, so that should be fixed in the next release, whensoever that happens. Euripides will be back to being a center of civilian administration and not a military one.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:45:15 PM by MShadowy »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 107