Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ruthless Sector 1.6.1 - High Risk, High Reward Difficulty Options  (Read 267018 times)

LesbianVelociraptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I do need to make it easier to disable features though, so I'll try to work on that at some point. In the meantime, you can use this copy of the Luna Settings file that defaults to disabling all features. If you replace "/mods/Ruthless Sector/data/config/LunaSettings.csv" with that file and "Reset Mod to Default" in LunaSettings, it should be just like the mod isn't installed. Then you can just re-enable hyperspace remnants.

Been playing Starsector and mods for quite a bit. made an account to ask: Does this file need updating? I'd like to play with a bit of the Ruthless Sector features, but not all of them. It'd be nice to set things to vanilla values and then tweak them to my own liking.

I guess for a suggestion I would say maybe a "reset to vanilla defaults" button in the lunalib configs. That way folk can start off with your config or vanilla and ramp up difficulty as they get used to playing again. That's mostly my problem, I played a lot in the past but now I'm all out of practice.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey, welcome to the forum! That's a good question. I'll add it to the FAQs section

That file is out of date for the latest version. I started bundling files like that with the mod files instead. You can find it at "/mods/Ruthless Sector/data/config/Vanilla_LunaSettings.csv" alongside the actual LunaSettings file.

I agree that a button like that would be ideal, but unfortunately LunaLib doesn't support anything like that (last time I checked, anyway, which was admittedly quite a while ago). So the only way for me to make that work would be to find some way to hack the LunaLib settings UI to add my own custom button, which isn't much of an option. I might beg Lukas04 to add the ability to apply presets though.

I played a lot in the past but now I'm all out of practice.
Oh, I absolutely get that. Every time I start a new game I end up overextending all the time because I'm used to controlling a battle cruiser with an overpowered character
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]