Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Limited Ships / Weapons?  (Read 1909 times)

Dagger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Limited Ships / Weapons?
« on: July 12, 2012, 07:49:35 PM »

Hi all, how are you doing?  This is my first post on these forums, as I have recently found out about starfarer and been playing for the last few days.  While I absolutely love the game, the main problem I seem to be having is.. I've run out of ships / weapons to buy, so I have to rely on what ever I plunder from attacks.  I tried buying lasher frigates, wolf frigates, tempests, etc.. etc..  but they do no respawn in the starbases.. I only have 1 Hyperion Frigate, 1 Hammerhead cruiser, and 1 Eagle cruiser as those don't respawn either.  I tried to buy graviton beams, light assault guns, same problem.  Pretty much what ever I start to use / buy, starts to completely disappear from the game.  Please let me know if it's supposed to be like this, or if there's a way I can fix that.  Thank you in advance.

scratch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Limited Ships / Weapons?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 09:03:35 PM »

Welcome!

Ships - I just try to capture the ones I can board.  Keep the ones I want and sell the ones I don't.

Weapons are another story, at first I try to use what is available, and customize my ships later (or as soon as possible).  If I can't get the weapons I want, I start another game ( I usually keep the first game to experiment in).

You're not limited to just one game.

Squigzilla

• Commander
  • SQUIG Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 10:19:15 PM »

Dagger, are you attacking the convoys that resupply the stations? While blowing up a ton of freighters can be very fun, those same convoys bring replacement ships and new weapons to their factions' stations. I've found it's often more beneficial to let the convoys live so the stores will restock.
High Admiral Davian MacNaile of the SQUIG Industries Human Resources Motivational Flotilla

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 09:54:09 AM »

Hi, welcome to the forms.

Try attacking supply convoys, and the plunder fleet, also the TT station doesn't restock (to my knowledge, i could be wrong)

heskey30

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 12:14:58 PM »

It does restock, just very slowly. Ships are supposed to be sort of rare, so it is hard have a whole fleet of just one ship, except with some of the low tech ships. Try some variety. It is hard to use up every single ship and weapon. For example, phase beams are good substitutes for graviton beams, and getting a bigger ship  :P is a good substitute for light assault guns.