Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Modding Tools & Resources  (Read 124697 times)

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Tools & Resources
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2020, 03:42:41 PM »

I changed some already existing hullmods that was in "Starsector\starsector-core\data\hullmods" folder and they seemed work just fine. Homewer when I changed the ones in starfarer.api.zip folder, the game does not recognizes the changes I made. I changed how efficiency overhoul, auxillary tanks work but I couldn't make them work.

The API is a mirror of the game's source code, which exists purely for player/modder reference. The game doesn't read the API as it already has all those files compiled inside its source code, which is why editing them doesn't change anything.
Thanks you for your interest. Well I couldn't found the logistical hullmods in the normal hullmod folder, is there any way to work on them?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2020, 10:19:45 PM »

Thanks you for your interest. Well I couldn't found the logistical hullmods in the normal hullmod folder, is there any way to work on them?

Unfortunately, because those scripts are compiled in the source code, they can't be edited. (I would also advise against editing any vanilla files.) For such scripts, the proper course of action is to create a mini-mod with its own custom versions of those scripts, and set to overwrite the vanilla files.

I should also mention that this thread is supposed to be a compendium of general modding resources rather than direct advice or help, so if you have further questions for setting this up I suggest you create a new thread or post the questions in the Misc Modding Questions thread.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:21:36 PM by AxleMC131 »

rpek32

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2021, 06:10:50 PM »

Is it possible to make localization to another language via mod?

unobtrusiveSpacefarer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2021, 10:10:25 AM »

Hi everyone.

I have an idea for a new industry but I have absolutely no experience modding or programming in Java. Is there a resource specifically about industries anywhere?

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2021, 07:52:42 PM »

I'd like to suggest a guide that I wrote on the wiki, Intro to Programming.

https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/Intro_to_Programming

Contents
    1 What is programming?
    2 Java or Kotlin
    3 Learning to Program
        3.1 Java
        3.2 Kotlin
    4 Compiled .jar vs Janino
    5 Getting Set Up (IDEs)
        5.1 Choosing an IDE
        5.2 Setting up an IDE
            5.2.1 IntelliJ
            5.2.2 NetBeans
            5.2.3 Eclipse
            5.2.4 VS Code
    6 Mod Templates

edit: On second thought, never mind. I'll just add it here: https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/Modding#Tutorials
I hadn't noticed that that was linked on the first post.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 07:54:35 PM by Wispborne »
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2022, 01:47:04 PM »

Ok, can anyone bloody explain me how to use the pixel mass counter? i know that you have to edit the .bat with notepad++ or something like that but if the folder path to your file has a folder with blank spaces it doesn't work
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]