Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.5a Preview (Released) - Live Patch Notes  (Read 301767 times)

Icelom

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.5a (In Development) - Live Patch Notes
« Reply #270 on: February 06, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »

Release dates are generally given when the game is done or very close to finished.  Since Alex needs only a short period of time between finishing the preview and putting it up for download, you'll only get a release date a day in advance, at best.

I figure we would be lucky to get a day in advance, since once the release build is compiled there is no reason not to put it up and delay a day, and until its fully compiled and ready to go something could go wrong so they wont want to say its comeing tommorow incase something does go wrong or the released they missed something.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #271 on: February 06, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »

Alex, considering all the new stuff you are putting into 0.5a - will we modders be able to mod the starting sandbox ship as well as factions and their available stuff in it? I ask mainly about ability to mod in/out the certain ships, weapons and mods in/from sandbox.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 06, 2012, 12:25:59 PM »

Alex, considering all the new stuff you are putting into 0.5a - will we modders be able to mod the starting sandbox ship as well as factions and their available stuff in it? I ask mainly about ability to mod in/out the certain ships, weapons and mods in/from sandbox.

Yes on all counts. Now, a mod that changes the starting ship would be incompatible with other mods that do the same. But you could mod in a new faction (and have it work together with other mods that add factions of their own).

You could even set up, say, a supply fleet that delivers and drops off mod-specific weapons to the orbital station, for the player to buy.

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 06, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »

You could even set up, say, a supply fleet that delivers and drops off mod-specific weapons to the orbital station, for the player to buy.

Oh wow!  :)  So I'm guessing this means that you could try taking a 5 fingered discount from the supply fleet before it reaches the orbital station?    ;D

Sweetness.
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 06, 2012, 01:01:57 PM »

Oh wow!  :)  So I'm guessing this means that you could try taking a 5 fingered discount from the supply fleet before it reaches the orbital station?    ;D

:) Though naturally, that might lead to unpleasant consequences... but I've already said too much!

tinsoldier

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »

:) Though naturally, that might lead to unpleasant consequences... but I've already said too much!

Oh that's cool.. wait what?  This isn't in the preview is it?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »

Oh that's cool.. wait what?  This isn't in the preview is it?

It is. The preview is rather light on high-level mechanics (being essentially a persistent wrapper for combat, for now), but it does have some. Very basic faction relationships are also in.

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 06, 2012, 06:04:56 PM »

Blah every time i see you post i keep hoping its you saying the games up for download :(

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 06, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »

Blah every time i see you post i keep hoping its you saying the games up for download :(

Lol.  :)   I feel ya, but at least Alex usually has some cool insight or info for us, to dull the pain a bit.   ;D
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 06, 2012, 06:49:34 PM »

Hey, as long as the new version is out by the 14th, everything will be fine, fine, fine.  ;D

Ishikawa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 07, 2012, 02:11:08 AM »

Hey, as long as the new version is out by the 14th, everything will be fine, fine, fine.  ;D

Oh Starfarer, would you please be my valentine? :D

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 07, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »

Bahahaha. No, that wasn't the reasoning behind my date. Oh that's funny. No, the reason is I've limited myself to playing video games only on oddly dated Wednesdays this year. And it would be awesome to be able to wake up on the 15th and play the new version!

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2012, 08:58:20 AM »

Bahahaha. No, that wasn't the reasoning behind my date. Oh that's funny. No, the reason is I've limited myself to playing video games only on oddly dated Wednesdays this year. And it would be awesome to be able to wake up on the 15th and play the new version!

That is a very odd limitation, but great job keeping gaming in its rightful place, as excellent entertainment and not an all consuming passion that destroys the very life it was meant to enrich.   ;D

Also, I like your chances of playing it on the 15th.  lol.   :D

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #283 on: February 07, 2012, 01:29:13 PM »

I highly doubt he'd post the release in this thread.  If you see a post here, rest assured that the preview is not yet finished and you are wasting his valuable time by forcing him to reply to posts here.

Think about it and let the horrible truth sink in... ahaahahahahaahahaHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAHAH!!!

Goncyn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2012, 06:48:49 AM »

I look at this as a race between Alex and Toady One. Who will release first?! Helps keep me entertained while I wait.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39