Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.5a Preview (Released) - Live Patch Notes  (Read 302687 times)

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.5a Preview (Released) - Live Patch Notes
« Reply #420 on: February 14, 2012, 12:20:23 PM »

Alternatively, a + / - along the top border of the item box that are clickables.  That is the most intuitive to me at least.

Also, a fuel gauge needs to be shown when traveling on the map.

I'm gonna make a thread in bugs for UI enhancements.  Not really bugs, but whatever.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 14, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »

Alternatively, a + / - along the top border of the item box that are clickables.  That is the most intuitive to me at least.

Also, a fuel gauge needs to be shown when traveling on the map.

I'm gonna make a thread in bugs for UI enhancements.  Not really bugs, but whatever.

Shift-click seems fairly commonplace, but does need to be explained.

As far as fuel, yeah, need a gauge - but it's not used right now, only for hyperspace travel. For now it's only useful to sell at the station.

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 14, 2012, 12:41:04 PM »

Hah, good to know!  Also, how do I capture ships?  I have marines in my cargo and I've disabled ships instead of destroying, but they always get scuttled.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 14, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »

The chance for a ship to be in good enough shape to board is fairly low - so, just win more battles and you'll get the opportunity eventually.

AdmiralMaelstrom

• Lieutenant
  • When death approaches, fire another volley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 14, 2012, 12:48:50 PM »

Did I get my timezone incorrect? Super happy this came out earlier than 5:00pm my time. Downloading it now, super pumped!!  ;D
Whatever it takes, no matter the cost.

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 14, 2012, 12:52:33 PM »

The chance for a ship to be in good enough shape to board is fairly low - so, just win more battles and you'll get the opportunity eventually.

That makes a lot of sense to me, because when those suckers blow up they sure don't look fully ready to fly off into the sunset right away, ha ha.   ;D
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

weed33

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 14, 2012, 12:57:36 PM »

What are supplies used for? And is there any kind of penalty for carrying too much cargo or fuel?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 14, 2012, 01:04:23 PM »

No penalty. Supplies are currently only used for repairs.

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 14, 2012, 01:07:20 PM »

No penalty. Supplies are currently only used for repairs.

I know I really shouldn't ask questions before I get my hands on 0.5, ha ha.   ;D  But I'm curious what it currently costs to navigate around the system?  Not fuel which is used for hyperspace travel only, and apparently not supplies which are only used for repairs.  Is in system navigation currently free?  Interesting stuff.
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 14, 2012, 01:07:39 PM »

I may have run into a bug.  Let me know what you think Alex, and I'll send you the save file.
Right after a victory against a small pirate fleet, I move to engage one that was trying to reinforce my target.  When I engage them, I get the usual dialogue boxes asking whether I should open a comm link or attack, then whether I will command, etc.  When I zoom to the battle screen, my ship doesn't show up, and after a few seconds I get the defeat screen, saying my ship had been captured.  What might cause this?

-edit-
Some of my crew died and put me under the minimum.  That should also be featured near the fuel gauge when that makes it in.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:16:32 PM by hairrorist »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 14, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »

Ahh, yeah. Need to handle that better. It does the right thing ultimately, but in a very roundabout and confusing way :)

Dragon239

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 14, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »

Wow, this is great. I don't have much to say that hasn't been said, though.
I feel like the Wolf-starter is better than the Brawler (whoops), but that may be just because of my inability to aim the chainguns or control vent well, and my preference to stay at range/use advanced tech :D
Also, I like how you can't overload yourself from firing. I would always accidentally overload myself, not seeing the bar.

Edit: Oh, hey, are the Tri-Tachyon's actually attacking the orbital station by Corvus II (where you start)? They seem to fly...around it, but there are no great explosions, and eventually the hegemony fleet comes back and scares them away.
Until the hegemony fleet is weakened, that is.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:01:26 PM by Dragon239 »

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 14, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »

Basher? Lasher? Brawler?  ???
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

orion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 14, 2012, 02:02:05 PM »

Loving the game so far! I'm immensely pleased with the star system you've created! Its an actual solar system with a star in the middle and planets that move in circles (i'm guessing circles since ellipses are a bit over the top here) around it! I can easily see all the other features you plan on adding in the future, little tantalizing glimpses into the future!

While there are a few odd things I've noticed (things that are sure to be fixed in future updates as the game isn't finished) are that its difficult to figure out while in game what size and type hardpoints your ships have when your buying things, and what the OP is or could be based on what you're buying. Unless I've missed something (which is completely possible) I keep having to buy one or two things, leave the station, fit them on to make sure all the numbers check out, then re-dock at the station. With the small fleet I got (before losing it all in an ill chosen battle and getting stuck in a Dram class tanker) that wasn't too bad. But with a large fleet it'd be miserable!

Also, is there a way to plot a course to something off screen? The system map doesn't seem clickable and I keep mis-aiming when trying to fly across the entire system. Having to pop open the map ever few seconds gets tedious.

I hope I don't sound ungrateful. This is an amazing build! One that I look forward to seeing develop more.

Dragon239

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 14, 2012, 02:03:06 PM »

Basher? Lasher? Brawler?  ???
Hah! Meant to say Brawler. The system police/port authority security assault gunship.
Fixed that.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39