Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.53a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 368033 times)

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.53a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2012, 09:16:36 AM »

where are you located Alex? if you don't mind my asking.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 01, 2012, 09:22:34 AM »

In Rockville, Maryland. It's pretty close to Washington DC, a bit north of it.

Had a crazy storm here two days ago... non-stop lightning, literally non-stop to the point where you could see by it. And some major winds  - hence, the power outages - falling trees + power lines. Wish they'd just run the lines underground, but apparently that's too expensive. Not sure when we'll get power back, either - could be a while.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »

For some odd reason I think most indie games are European-based operations, but I've been pleasantly surprised. ;D Finally, some good game content from somewhere I know.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2012, 09:37:27 AM »

In Rockville, Maryland. It's pretty close to Washington DC, a bit north of it.

Had a crazy storm here two days ago... non-stop lightning, literally non-stop to the point where you could see by it. And some major winds  - hence, the power outages - falling trees + power lines. Wish they'd just run the lines underground, but apparently that's too expensive. Not sure when we'll get power back, either - could be a while.

Yeah, read on the news here that there are some crazy storms up there in the US. Believe it was 6 dead because of the, though.

Just don't worry about them ::)

For some odd reason I think most indie games are European-based operations, but I've been pleasantly surprised. ;D Finally, some good game content from somewhere I know.

Indeed, i strangely enough, had the same thought. Am surprised actually (Considering that a major BS company has their HQ there... You all know which one i'm talking about ::)). :O :D

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 01, 2012, 01:29:36 PM »

Had a crazy storm here two days ago... non-stop lightning, literally non-stop to the point where you could see by it. And some major winds  - hence, the power outages - falling trees + power lines.
Bummer.
Got my brother living with me us and my sister is using my fridge space since they both don't have power. We are actually about to start round 2 of the storms right now (Fort Wayne, Indiana).  We're a little more prepared this time though.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:34:03 PM by BillyRueben »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2012, 01:44:57 PM »

... We are actually about to start round 2 of the storms right now (Fort Wayne, Indiana).  We're a little more prepared this time though.

Yikes - good luck.

zaldron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2012, 06:37:09 PM »

Send us some rain here in Arkansas!

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2012, 10:18:04 PM »

we just had a pretty nasty thunderstorm here in south Carolina

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/jul/01/9/least-thousand-customers-without-power-greenville-ar-4069722/

Today’s high of 107 at GSP breaks old record of 99 (1970) for the day, and is also the ALL TIME HOTTEST TEMP EVER recorded for GSP…  The old all time hottest was 106 recorded in 1887."

i just happen to work at that airport
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

MasterGlink

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2012, 11:32:13 PM »

At least we don't get almost any hail over here in Puerto Rico... We do get fairly frequent storms, since we're in the tropics though. Just last week there was some rainfall in parts of the island that left 75% of the population without power for a few hours.

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 02, 2012, 05:33:52 AM »

*lives in London, England and only gets temperamental rain that lasts a couple minutes*

We don't get any awesome weather over here  :(

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 02, 2012, 06:08:19 AM »

*lives in London, England and only gets temperamental rain that lasts a couple minutes*

We don't get any awesome weather over here  :(

I'm sure right about now those poor folks in the US would take a bit of average weather!   :)

Hope those of you over the Atlantic are getting on okay with it all and the worst thing you have to worry about is a bit of a power outage. Looks pretty dreadful in some parts  :(

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 02, 2012, 08:19:25 AM »

I'm sure right about now those poor folks in the US would take a bit of average weather!   :)

Hope those of you over the Atlantic are getting on okay with it all and the worst thing you have to worry about is a bit of a power outage. Looks pretty dreadful in some parts  :(

Yeah, lots of fallen trees around here, many crushed cars and worse.

Finally got the power back last night, btw. Some more storms coming up soon, though - allegedly nothing nearly as bad, but... yeah.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 02, 2012, 08:27:47 AM »

I do believe this has become appropriate. Gypsy Pie will help you guys throe any bad situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCMQ5mDIdHQ&feature=related

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 02, 2012, 08:38:30 AM »

I would just like to say that I cannot begin to imagine what these people are talking about who think that Starfarer's development is going anything resembling slowly. I can only guess that these people have absolutely zero experience with indie game development whatsoever, even just watching and waiting on any previous titles in development, and are letting their excitement for this title severely cloud their reasoning.

Starfarer's development has so far consistently been what I would call blisteringly fast, and I have kept tabs on (and even participated in a few small examples of) many, many developing indie games, of all genres and sizes, over a course of about the last decade and a half.

My website bookmarks list alone contains, let's see... seventeen different websites, mostly individual titles, almost all of them unfinished, ongoing projects, and 3 addresses which are aggregate sites dedicated to tracking various developing indie games. I check and recheck many of these daily, all of them weekly, and have done so with many more over the years than my bookmark list covers even the merest fraction of.

And I have to say, Starfarer, which I also check just about daily, has been standing out as a very frequently updated game, a notably updated website, and an extraordinarily active dev presence in the game's community.

The rate of progress and dev communication is simply, undeniably exceptional, especially when compared to the format and frequency of other titles' updates.

Hell, I'd even just point to the likes of Cortex Command or various long stages of Minecraft's development as the other end of the spectrum.

I guess it's in the nature of the enthusiastic fan to keep demanding more, and that's fine and dandy, but a wise fan should know the difference between the absurd, machine-like efficiency and speed of Starfarer's dev team, and the likes of the rest of the indie chaff out there, where entire teams of people don't say a word and can't work a dozen lines of code together or even update their website to tell anyone what's going on for years at a time.

I've been following Arcen Games too much, that creates unrealistic expectations. "So we released 1.1 last week, now we ripped out the whole progression system along with crafting and citybuilding and replaced them with completely new implementations."

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 02, 2012, 09:30:56 AM »

The speed of Arcen Games is awesome. Bought AVWW after watching TB's WTF is, new beta updates almost every day, perhaps even twice a day. It's scary.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57