Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.53a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 368055 times)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.53a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »

yeah... I probably should update that properly sometime, probably when the update's released, to make use of the new fancies

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »

Still nothing patchnote-worthy?  There must be a ton of tiny fixes. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2012, 05:06:40 PM »

Aww, !@#$.  There's that one time for every game where the forums die down and the game slips out of your mind.  I know people aren't glued to the computer screen 24/7, they have a worldy life to live, but I'm just wondering why this happens.  Maybe it's because of a lack of content (no offense) or a large project that was hyping everyone up just sorta dying out (Project Caelus, maybe), but I've been through enough forums to know this happens sometimes.
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »

You just have to practice patience.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »

I've played through the game too many times with the current content, and mods don't interest me. I'm just going to wait until there is a reason for me to come back and play more. Starfarer is a great game, but it isn't finished yet, and it needs more content for me to start playing again.

What he said. The more you check for updates, the longer it is going to seem before there is one.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »

Blah. ;D
Anyway, I'll wait.  Just getting a bit itchy with a few bugs on my mod, I need a distraction.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2012, 05:46:50 PM »

Still nothing patchnote-worthy?  There must be a ton of tiny fixes. ;D

You know, there really haven't. Trying to work out how something <top secret> works - just involves a bunch of playing around with different options, or simply thinking things through.

Aww, !@#$.  There's that one time for every game where the forums die down and the game slips out of your mind.  I know people aren't glued to the computer screen 24/7, they have a worldy life to live, but I'm just wondering why this happens.  Maybe it's because of a lack of content (no offense) or a large project that was hyping everyone up just sorta dying out (Project Caelus, maybe), but I've been through enough forums to know this happens sometimes.

Yeah, it's interesting. I know I've been a fair bit less active on the forum lately (away on vacation for a week, and more focused on dev for a while before that)... but I don't know that I'm conceited enough to say that's the reason :) Perhaps the reason it feels like things are slower to me precisely because I haven't been on the forum as much.

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2012, 05:53:27 PM »

Heh, it seems like theres still a good amount of posts on the forum. Maybe there's just more time to look at them all now?

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2012, 06:17:01 PM »

Yeah, it's interesting. I know I've been a fair bit less active on the forum lately (away on vacation for a week, and more focused on dev for a while before that)... but I don't know that I'm conceited enough to say that's the reason :) Perhaps the reason it feels like things are slower to me precisely because I haven't been on the forum as much.

Funnily enough though, this forum is the one that I've found that the developer interacts with the community the most. Not only on the level of bug reports and patchnotes but even helping those with modding questions. I don't think many other places could say the same (I've certainly not seen any).

I've played through the game too many times with the current content, and mods don't interest me. I'm just going to wait until there is a reason for me to come back and play more. Starfarer is a great game, but it isn't finished yet, and it needs more content for me to start playing again.

I'm kinda in the same boat here, I haven't played the newest version at all, mostly because of lack of motivation on things. I sincerely hope that turns around with 0.53a. Given recent news though... I just don't know any more.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »

I'm kinda in the same boat here, I haven't played the newest version at all, mostly because of lack of motivation on things. I sincerely hope that turns around with 0.53a. Given recent news though... I just don't know any more.

Fair enough - hopefully, you'll be back when something more exciting to you personally is released :) Thinking about it, the dev cycle is pretty long - how often does a *finished* game keep one's uninterrupted attention for that long? I personally can't think of one that did that for me - it's usually on and off.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »

Fair enough - hopefully, you'll be back when something more exciting to you personally is released :) Thinking about it, the dev cycle is pretty long - how often does a *finished* game keep one's uninterrupted attention for that long? I personally can't think of one that did that for me - it's usually on and off.

i dabbled in the latest release a little but its largely the same as the previous releases. im personally waiting until a larger mechanic comes out.. like multi systems./character development/economy before i sink a lot more time into it. so i dont burn out on the game. also i droped off the forums largely once i saw the same questions start to recycle again.. it was a sign of new blood on the forums and i didn't want to go threw the same cycle i had just gone threw on the forums again. so while i check this thread every day. i tend to not pay attention to the rest of it... much... anymore.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2012, 07:20:11 PM »

Well put, and fair enough.  I see what you mean.  But don't worry, the economy mod by lazywizard is something to look forward to. ;D

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2012, 04:21:06 AM »

Yeah, the more patience you have, the greater the reward.

Also, what makes you think Caelus is dead? We're working on higher level features now, such as an economy and stuff. Also, we're working on all sorts of stuff inside the dev team, dunno how you missed that.

Need to set that IRC channel up ;D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2012, 06:33:10 AM »

Just nothing much has been happening on my end is all.  Boredom is killer, I tell you.

James Sullivan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 30, 2012, 07:08:46 AM »

I must admit I played a lot of the latest build while I was supposed to be on holiday. The main problem at the moment is the lack of content when you've managed to max a fleet out which I'm fine with because I'll just start over and focus on other ships. Obviously a lot of other mechanics simply don't exist yet. I see ship systems as the last big change to combat and then maybe we'll get a hint of whats next?

maybe a vote?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57