Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: I am no longer getting the option for "Difficult Recovery" after battles  (Read 610 times)

shake307

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have noticed that after battles I am no longer getting the option to use a Story Point to recover some ships.  I do play with some mods, but I don't believe I use a mod that disables "Difficult Recovery".  Is there a way to shut off that option in the files?  I am afraid I may have inadvertently done that, but I have no idea.  Thanks for any help.  Attached are the mods I use.

Phenir

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I have noticed that after battles I am no longer getting the option to use a Story Point to recover some ships.  I do play with some mods, but I don't believe I use a mod that disables "Difficult Recovery".  Is there a way to shut off that option in the files?  I am afraid I may have inadvertently done that, but I have no idea.  Thanks for any help.  Attached are the mods I use.
This is because you have the hull restoration skill. It makes all difficult recoveries into standard ones, not just for your ships. Kind of anyway: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=29749.msg436765#msg436765 However, in battles that involve allies there will still be difficult recoveries.

majorfreak

• Captain
    • View Profile

This is because you have the hull restoration skill. It makes all difficult recoveries into standard ones, not just for your ships. Kind of anyway: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=29749.msg436765#msg436765 However, in battles that involve allies there will still be difficult recoveries.
does the game only force a storypoint choice when one or more of your ships have been 'destroyed' vs 'disabled' (before you get that skill, ofc)?

Phenir

• Admiral
    • View Profile

does the game only force a storypoint choice when one or more of your ships have been 'destroyed' vs 'disabled' (before you get that skill, ofc)?
I'm not 100% sure but I think so. It's not really worth thinking about imo. More important is ensuring the guarantee to be able to recover at all (even if destroyed), by having officer, smod, or bulkheads on the ship, or hull restoration.

majorfreak

• Captain
    • View Profile

i'm actually amazed the OP got "more bar missions" mod to work without instantly CTDing upon game launch.