Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.97] Fringe Defense Syndicate - Return of the Syndicate  (Read 12661 times)

MnHebi

• Ensign
  • Updater of Mods, Seeker of Archives
    • View Profile
[0.97] Fringe Defense Syndicate - Return of the Syndicate
« on: June 22, 2024, 02:15:34 PM »

Please see the original topic for the mod lore etc: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12243.0

So I took it upon myself to update Fringe Defense Syndicate to Starsector 0.97, since I noticed the mod had a file called LICENSE which stated it is GNU GPL V3 licensed thus allowing me to do so without seeking separate permission from the original author. Thankfully decompiling the old scripts was rather uneventful, very few changes needed that even someone of my caliber could get things done. Here is the changelog & release for the first version, which is NOT VERY WELL TESTED, THERE MIGHT BE CRASHES OR OTHER UNFORTUNATE EVENTS. It has only been tested in new games, and loading a save with the mod already enabled and so far has worked perfectly, but seeing as the code was reproduced by decompiling there might be bugs or errors there that might have adverse effects, so please keep that in mind when drafting your feedback.

If a moderator could please move this thread to the Mods part of the forum.

https://github.com/MnHebi/FDS_ROTS/releases/latest

Changelogs
Spoiler
v0.11.3m
Spoiler
[2024/07/09]
(v0.11.3m)
   Changes:
      Economy:
         - Maintenance Bots Factory: Adjust production, now size - 1, so Novae Spes produces enough Maintenance Bots to satisfy demand of the Repair Yards.
      Weapons:
         - Adjusted flux statistics of all weapons down by 33%, except PD Laser MK. II and MK. III which had their flux/damage increased to 60 and 70 respectively
[close]
v0.11.2m
Spoiler
[2024/06/26]
(v0.11.2m)
   Changes:
      - Fix incorrect java version selection in build settings that sometimes resulted in a build in Java version Starsector did not like
      Economy:
         - All industries protected against zero production, should always produce at least 1 unit
         - All industries now tagged as such
         - Fuel Converter: Now requires Heavy Machinery in addition to Energy Crystals
         - Repair Yards: Now produces Ship Hulls & Weapons cargo
         - Repair Yards: Now properly states ship quality bonus on tooltip
[close]
v0.11.1m
Spoiler
[2024/06/22]
(v0.11.1m)
   Changes:
      - Decompiled old java scripts and recompiled them for Starsector 0.97a
      - Removed deprecated story module that had no content and was more related to the old Star Wars version
      - Adjusted ship hull chances to fit current Starsector standards
      - Increased chances of Energy Crystal Cave market condition spawning, it should be most noticeable on Frozen worlds
      - Added dependencies into modinfo
      - Renamed mod to Fringe Defense Syndicate - Return of the Syndicate to indicate new maintainer
      - Moved "Droid Mechanics" setting into LunaLib settings
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 11:47:40 AM by MnHebi »

redbeaksalvagesage

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Fringe Defense Syndicate - Return of the Syndicate
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2024, 06:22:46 AM »

I see, your account description (or whatever it is) is not lying. I havent tested the mod yet. But, great job of you for resurrecting that great mod. Hope the  original author will comeback.

I'll try this mod one day!

MnHebi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2024, 10:01:06 AM »

Updated, just Industry related changes, see changelog.

Meelock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2024, 04:00:53 PM »

Heya,
Any plans to update the ship textures to match the style of those that were used in bigbean's submods (before they were removed)? Thanks!

MnHebi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2024, 07:21:42 PM »

I'm going to need examples to understand what you are talking about, but there is a shading overhaul planned regarding the armor plating.

Lazyturtle69hahfunynumber

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2024, 10:58:30 AM »

i think the energy weapons need a buff the flux is to high and the range and damage too little im struggling over here

Meelock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2024, 01:21:54 PM »

I'm going to need examples to understand what you are talking about, but there is a shading overhaul planned regarding the armor plating.
Here is a link to the sub-mod https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DI3ma8q_LGyCIuA9_W5yqJD4asAX-egT/view?usp=sharing
Only 5 ships were retextured, but the retextures were fairly well done.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2024, 01:44:48 AM »

also the another thing the fighters are made outta paper and spit they evaporate if a light machine gun farts in there general direction

MnHebi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2024, 10:18:29 AM »

On comparison with the stock game fighters I'm not seeing much of a issue on the health, or armor values of the fighters.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2024, 03:20:11 PM »

bombers got interceptor stats they cant survive a single run but i willing to concede if you agree the lasers need a buff :D