Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mines!  (Read 6382 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Mines!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 05:02:34 AM »

I recall a few days ago that someone posted a way to make a mine-like weapon. Create a MIRV with a long flight time that decelerates rapidly. If something comes near enough, the MIRV activates. If phasing for weapons is implemented, it would be the best way of making a mine.
There actually is.  As far as I know (I may be wrong) setting a mine to "PHASE_CHARGE" makes it go invisible to a few seconds then hits the target. when it gets close enough.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 08:03:59 AM »

I've manenged to create some fairly realistic proximity mines... i don't know if thats what you're looking for though, as its an immobile MIRV.

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 08:45:06 AM »

Mines will likely come as soon as phasing is in the game.

Until then there's no point in having mines if they're visible (as the AI will actively avoid it or PD will shoot it down).

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 10:12:03 AM »

The current phase charges become cloaked after a short period of time, its just that they have a timed life.

Karmashock

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 02:47:50 AM »

How about instead of PD not targeting it, the weapon stays passive until an enemy gets near and then it turns into a missile and quickly charges the enemy. Possibly into one of those swarm missiles that will overwhelm the PD.

If that sounds over powered... we could set it so the mines aren't active for 15-20 seconds and can be shot with zero risk at point blank range until armed.

if that still sounds over powered... possibly give them no distinction between friend and foe. So the field is dangerous to either side.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 05:40:01 PM »

How about instead of PD not targeting it, the weapon stays passive until an enemy gets near and then it turns into a missile and quickly charges the enemy. Possibly into one of those swarm missiles that will overwhelm the PD.

If that sounds over powered... we could set it so the mines aren't active for 15-20 seconds and can be shot with zero risk at point blank range until armed.

if that still sounds over powered... possibly give them no distinction between friend and foe. So the field is dangerous to either side.
Already done, it goes at the enemy at 600 units, but has a degree of inaccuracy to it.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.
Pages: 1 [2]