Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Preorders and Sales  (Read 67549 times)

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Preorders and Sales
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2011, 12:07:16 AM »

Found out about this one tonight and pre-ordered after doing a tad bit of research.  I love the fact that people are making these types of games again.  It's so refreshing.  I look forward to playing and spreading the word.  Best wishes!

Welcome to the club of eagerly-awaiters!

whitenoise71

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »

Just like to say I pre-ordered this about a month ago. I am really enjoying this. I was a huge Star-control freak back in the day, and EV was a always a favorite. Cannot wait to see the end result. Great work so far, keep to the vision you have and the rest will fall in place.   ;D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2011, 06:56:54 AM »

Just like to say I pre-ordered this about a month ago. I am really enjoying this. I was a huge Star-control freak back in the day, and EV was a always a favorite. Cannot wait to see the end result. Great work so far, keep to the vision you have and the rest will fall in place.   ;D

Thanks for your support! :)

SeaBee

• Commander
  • The stars are ... alive and breathing
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2011, 04:53:03 PM »

Star Control 2 was my favorite game growing up. EV is spectacular, too. Welcome to the forums, whitenoise71!

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2011, 05:48:20 PM »

How are the pre-orders going Alex? Have you seen any correlation between sales and blog updates?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »

How are the pre-orders going Alex? Have you seen any correlation between sales and blog updates?

Up to about 2,000 preorders total. Average over August was about 6 per day. About 2 per day or so in the last week.

There's a pretty good correlation with new releases and sales, not so much with blog posts - though they definitely cause more traffic, and usually, a couple more sales.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2011, 01:33:04 PM »

Might I suggest making a profile for Starfarer on Indie\Moddb? I guarantee you that you'll get a ton of pre-orders from the people who frequent that site if you do. That, and your modding community will likely expand a lot as well. Also, they have their own digital distribution system, called Desura. Not sure if you'd be interested in that, though.

SeaBee

• Commander
  • The stars are ... alive and breathing
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2011, 03:28:17 AM »

That's really interesting information. It's neat to get a little insight into what prompts sales.

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2011, 04:01:38 AM »

That's really interesting information. It's neat to get a little insight into what prompts sales.

Not surprising that the release of new versions causes the biggest spikes, though.

Mavolio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »

Was there a facebook group that we can Like yet so we can get our friends to help fund this very promising game?

Surveyor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2011, 11:05:04 AM »

I know a lot of ppl waiting for a first campaign implementation to buy it 8)

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2011, 07:19:24 PM »

Same here.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2011, 08:00:16 AM »

Might I suggest making a profile for Starfarer on Indie\Moddb? I guarantee you that you'll get a ton of pre-orders from the people who frequent that site if you do. That, and your modding community will likely expand a lot as well. Also, they have their own digital distribution system, called Desura. Not sure if you'd be interested in that, though.

Hmm, yeah. I've talked a bit with Desura, looks promising on that front.

Was there a facebook group that we can Like yet so we can get our friends to help fund this very promising game?

Not yet, but I really ought to set that up.

I know a lot of ppl waiting for a first campaign implementation to buy it 8)
Same here.

Oh, the pressure is on to deliver, now. Not that it was ever off :D

leoleez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2011, 11:21:28 PM »

just bought it impulsively! I'm excited, I think this game will be what I thought Space Pirates and Zombies was going to be like.

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2011, 10:26:01 AM »

just bought it impulsively! I'm excited, I think this game will be what I thought Space Pirates and Zombies was going to be like.

Yeah, I hear ya, I also felt a little let down once I realized how limited the number of ships you could have in SPAZ was, a great game in its own way for sure, very pretty, but I think Starfarer is going to end up being remembered as the far better game in retrospect.  :)   But then again, I have always been partial to a little bit of strategy being a part of the equation, which Starfarer emphasizes far more than SPAZ did.
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9