Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Codex Overhaul  (Read 4208 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Codex Overhaul
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2024, 10:07:42 AM »

The Codex generally uses a larger font where possible.

In general, making font size configurable (in a way that doesn't scale the rest of the UI as well) would be an *enormous* undertaking. There's basically no way I'd ever want to take that on.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2024, 10:09:32 AM »

The Codex generally uses a larger font where possible.

In general, making font size configurable (in a way that doesn't scale the rest of the UI as well) would be an *enormous* undertaking. There's basically no way I'd ever want to take that on.
I understand. Thank you for making the font size bigger in Codex.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 10:14:16 AM by Killer of Fate »

nathan67003

• Commander
  • Excellent imagination, mediocre implementation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2024, 06:24:03 PM »

Definitely not just QoL, but beyond that: :-X
INCHERESHTING.
I have some ideas but can't sprite worth a damn and the ideas imply really involved stuff which I've no clue how to even tackle.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2024, 04:40:24 AM »

Definitely not just QoL, but beyond that: :-X

Now that is ominous...

Are we going to cry like babies in the next update?  :-\
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 04:43:00 AM by Gris »

A_Random_Dude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2024, 09:37:30 AM »

Think I already told this to you, but the fact that he's keeping some secrecy around upcoming content doesn't necessarily mean it's supposed to be ominous, or that anything he'll add will make you "cry like a baby". It's just the dev trying to not spoil stuff. Cuz once again, if he adds super-end-game-dorito-horror-that'll-definitely-scare-the-living-hell-out-of-you... The simple fact that you know it's coming can dramatically lessen the impact of it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 09:39:52 AM by A_Random_Dude »

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2024, 05:01:26 PM »

Think I already told this to you, but the fact that he's keeping some secrecy around upcoming content doesn't necessarily mean it's supposed to be ominous, or that anything he'll add will make you "cry like a baby". It's just the dev trying to not spoil stuff. Cuz once again, if he adds super-end-game-dorito-horror-that'll-definitely-scare-the-living-hell-out-of-you... The simple fact that you know it's coming can dramatically lessen the impact of it.

Yeah...  :'(

Spoiler
But the problem is we still don't even have endgame yet.
Once you beat all the side quests, all the colony crises, have endgame colonies and finishing first half of the main stroyline in current vanilla,
there is nothing to do anymore just grinding [REDACTED],completing the end game bounty and completing repeating bounties only.
Its already been almost 4yrs and we only get to fight only a cruiser version of [SUPER ALABASTER] Nacho chip.
Im mildly disappointed at the current update im expecting new endgame enemies to fight.

I wonder how will Alex  surprise us?
Are we about to piece the fragments of who Ludd actually really is?
I Really wish to see a cutscene of the Domain trial of Ludd.
[close]

That is all and thank you.  ;D

A_Random_Dude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2024, 05:56:26 PM »

Mods are a thing. They got end game content. And they're right here, ready to be added to your game.

But anyway, I'm getting the feeling I'm just repeating myself. Been 4 years without vanilla end game content, sure. Might be 4 more for all you know, and if it is, you can't really change that.

One last thing though: a surprise only really counts as such if you don't know what/how/when it's going to happen. You're trying to get the exact opposite here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]