Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Author Topic: What are current permanent ways to stop ai inspections.  (Read 541 times)

ubuntufreakdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
What are current permanent ways to stop ai inspections.
« on: May 06, 2024, 01:28:25 PM »

Solutions I have:
a) Satbomb all heg militaties.
b) join Persean League.
Downsides:
a) less markets to sell to.
b) commision with PL, entailing low rep with many factions.
Are there other options like sending the heg a message they can understand, like tak bomb all militaries.

Nettle

• Admiral
  • making humorous maneuvers
    • View Profile
Re: What are current permanent ways to stop ai inspections.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 01:37:37 PM »

AI inspections are now a crisis you can resolve. Defeat three inspections, go to Chicomoztoc and have a chat with Daud, and they won't bother you anymore.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 02:00:41 PM »

AI inspections are now a crisis you can resolve. Defeat three inspections, go to Chicomoztoc and have a chat with Daud, and they won't bother you anymore.
my favourite implication of this quest is that Hegemony could have technically lost the AI Wars in terms of being able to fight off Remnants, but spun the propaganda enough to make it seem like they won. With the systems AI Remnants are occupying being actual key infrastructure that was wiped from the pages of history for the sake of creating a good image of the Hegemony Diktat.

After all, the blog post describing the story is called A True and Accurate History of the Persean Sector, so who knows just how bad the war has gone.

Sandor057

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2024, 10:47:46 PM »

my favourite implication of this quest is that Hegemony could have technically lost the AI Wars in terms of being able to fight off Remnants, but spun the propaganda enough to make it seem like they won. With the systems AI Remnants are occupying being actual key infrastructure that was wiped from the pages of history for the sake of creating a good image of the Hegemony Diktat.

After all, the blog post describing the story is called A True and Accurate History of the Persean Sector, so who knows just how bad the war has gone.

Been thinking about this. Did the Hegemony (+Knights of Ludd) win at all? After someone allegedly hacking the Aztalan relay there is a very friendly bar encounter, there one of the answers the player can give is something along the lines of "Looks like Tri-Tach beat you again."

More lore would be welcome on the matter, though with what we know about the Hegemony's heavy-handedness, if they had actually won any of the AI wars, would Tri-Tachyon still exist as a corp controlling entire planets?

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 05:42:02 AM »

I haven't seen the dialogue you get when talking to a Remnant station in the Planetkiller quest, so I'm not sure about this. But I feel like if Hegemony was destroyed by the Tri-Tachyon, for example in the Chicomoztoc bombing, there would be no one left to stop the Remnants. And would Tri-Tachyon be able to control them or would Remnants just backfire and eventually take control of Core Worlds?

Oh, sorry, I misinterpreted your statement. I thought you said "if Tri-Tachyon would win would they control entire planets. etc.)

So, in answer to that. I feel like Tri-Tachyon does look like a faction that lost. If you take a look at their planets, they pretty much own only one system with good ones, and the other ones seem like just inhospitable fodder. I mean, they only own 3 other locations. A tiny space station, a frozen rock, and a burning rock with earthquakes. Not that impressive compared to Hegemony controlling half the Sector with various extremely valuable planets with enormous populations.

I always felt like there should be more Tri-Tachyon worlds, like they will get added in the future. But then I realised that the intention of the game is to show just how weak the Tri-Tachyon has become, because they did lost. With their strongest remaining aspects being mostly in the form of unpredictable assets that they have lost control over. As even their homeworld fleet is pathetic.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 05:46:13 AM by Killer of Fate »