Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: High Scatter Amplifier and laser PDs  (Read 1681 times)

Beep Boop

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: High Scatter Amplifier and laser PDs
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2024, 02:15:29 AM »

I know HSA make beam do hard flux, but at what cost? It is worth it?
Not that I can tell, since if you're gonna cut a 1000-range beam to merely 600 just to get hard flux, you may as well just be using a plasma cannon, which already does that.

Sinigr

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2024, 02:19:07 AM »

I know HSA make beam do hard flux, but at what cost? It is worth it?
Not that I can tell, since if you're gonna cut a 1000-range beam to merely 600 just to get hard flux, you may as well just be using a plasma cannon, which already does that.
But plasma has extremely poor accuracy compared to beams. Great comparison...
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Beep Boop

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2024, 02:26:15 AM »

Uh, what? Plasma Cannon is listed as "Perfect" accuracy, same as beams. I've never had plasma cannon not fire where I told it to fire. It's not like some weapons that just go all over the place. Plasma cannons, like beams, go exactly where you tell them to go.

Sinigr

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2024, 02:36:02 AM »

Uh, what? Plasma Cannon is listed as "Perfect" accuracy, same as beams. I've never had plasma cannon not fire where I told it to fire. It's not like some weapons that just go all over the place. Plasma cannons, like beams, go exactly where you tell them to go.
I get it, you have to play more, look carefully at how your bots fire these weapons and how many shells hit the target. Or should I make a separate video for you? Here you can see some example of your "Perfect" accuracy. 1:10-1:17 https://youtu.be/THEaqBkdwME?t=70
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 02:37:35 AM by Sinigr »
Try to hunt it! ;)

Beep Boop

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2024, 02:42:23 AM »

Not seeing the problem. None of the plasma cannon shots I saw deviated from true at all, and Plasma Paragon landed every shot except the ones blocked by the intervening wreck, which, incidentally, also happens with beams. What's the problem I'm supposed to see?

Sinigr

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2024, 02:44:44 AM »

Not seeing the problem. None of the plasma cannon shots I saw deviated from true at all, and Plasma Paragon landed every shot except the ones blocked by the intervening wreck, which, incidentally, also happens with beams. What's the problem I'm supposed to see?
It seems you are blind, okay, I'll leave it at that...
Try to hunt it! ;)

Beep Boop

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2024, 05:16:50 AM »

Don't blame me, that recording quality was terrible. I had to squint to see anything at all, given that you did not tell me what I was even supposed to be looking at. Paragon I saw firing on in the upper right looked perfectly fine to me. Which Paragon was exhibiting the problem?

Phenir

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2024, 08:11:53 AM »

Don't blame me, that recording quality was terrible. I had to squint to see anything at all, given that you did not tell me what I was even supposed to be looking at. Paragon I saw firing on in the upper right looked perfectly fine to me. Which Paragon was exhibiting the problem?
Paragon on the bottom left fires at a glimmer and misses like 10 shots. Paragon on the top right also fires on a glimmer to its right. But plasma cannon also does a lot of dps with pretty high hit strength so while it might be pretty bad against highly mobile frigates, it destroys everything else. Plasma cannon accuracy also wouldn't be an issue if you had support ships that could handle the frigates.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2024, 09:24:07 AM »

Neither this nor the bloody gif you posted in the other thread are acceptable behavior on the forum. Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules, especially the part about treating other forum members with respect. Further rudeness will result in a temp ban, or other action, depending on the specifics.

Beep Boop

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2024, 12:25:22 PM »

Paragon on the bottom left fires at a glimmer and misses like 10 shots. Paragon on the top right also fires on a glimmer to its right. But plasma cannon also does a lot of dps with pretty high hit strength so while it might be pretty bad against highly mobile frigates, it destroys everything else. Plasma cannon accuracy also wouldn't be an issue if you had support ships that could handle the frigates.
Yeah, Glimmers are basically nearly impossible to tag well, even with beams, as they can out-jitterbug the turrets themselves. But on the other hand, you don't need hard flux to kill them, they instapop if tagged with anything noteworthy.

Nettle

• Admiral
  • making humorous maneuvers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2024, 03:05:02 PM »

I think there is a misunderstanding here. Accuracy just seems to be the term for spread/deviation. Plasma cannon shots don't randomly deviate from the barrel like autopulse does, but they are still projectiles that take time to travel and can miss.

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2024, 03:11:48 PM »

The word you and Signir are looking for is : velocity.

Plasma Cannon is a very accurate weapon. That is true. However the projectiles takes time to reach the target. Time during which the target can dodge/evade the incoming projectile.

Beams have "perfect" accuracy in the sense that they not only don't spread, but they also reach their target almost instantaneously.

Sinigr

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2024, 11:58:11 PM »

Neither this nor the bloody gif you posted in the other thread are acceptable behavior on the forum. Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules, especially the part about treating other forum members with respect. Further rudeness will result in a temp ban, or other action, depending on the specifics.
Bloody gif it was +- too much, it is just a gif, but ok. About that other I described the essence of the question, attached a video, indicated the time frame and he still couldn’t see, I wrote “blind”, it’s just a word, not those words and expressions that I can’t even put here and now in an example since it would violate rules.
Try to hunt it! ;)

Princess_of_Evil

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2024, 12:03:12 AM »

If you have issues hitting frigates with a plasma, i suggest setting it to auto fire, tagging the frigate, and letting it handle itself. Autofire AI is pretty good at hitting frigates with large anti-everything guns.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

Sinigr

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2024, 12:03:47 AM »

The quality of the recording is almost equivalent to the original, YouTube cannot digest lossless quality in the pure original, so I still had to reduce the quality of the recording a bit. Everyone sees everything perfectly, but you write the quality of the recording is terrible, it seems to me in this case that you are deliberately provoking me. I had to emphasize this fact so as not to leave it like that, it is unacceptable.
Try to hunt it! ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3