Starsector > General Discussion

[SPOILERS] What is the fastest way to finish the story line?

(1/4) > >>

ayckoster:
The story is great for the first few runs, but it gets old eventually. What is the fastest way to get the ability to scan gates and use them in vanilla?

I know you can instantly fly to the academy and start working for Sebestyen and skip parts of Project Ziggurat (https://starsector.wiki.gg/wiki/Project_Ziggurat#Skipping_the_mission)

Are there any other ways to skip/speed up the story?

I'm only interested in in-game solutions that don't involve editing the configs or installing mods.

Nettle:
Take navigation first thing and visit Alpha site (right upper corner of Hybrasil) to scan Ziggurat;
Skip all fights, all of them are optional;
Take the diplomatic path during "Finding Coureuse";
If you can afford it, raid Kanta's Den for Zal during "At The Gates" to skip the fetch quest.

ayckoster:
I didn't know that the fights are optional. This would definitely speed up the process.

robepriority:

--- Quote from: ayckoster on March 27, 2024, 05:38:49 AM ---I didn't know that the fights are optional. This would definitely speed up the process.

--- End quote ---

With the correct dialog options some are resolvable even if they catch you, but the better option would be to outmanuver them so they don't in the first place.

Insolent Peon:
IIRC, the entirety of the gate storyline can be resolved while flying a single Dram. Just go places, skip text, avoid fights, and you're done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version