Starsector > Suggestions

Faction black sites

(1/1)

SCC:
Factions should have some black sites in the outer rim, as a similar kind of thing to Remnant systems. With the removal of generic expedition fleets, the players won't have a source of hard faction battles. Adding faction black sites would remedy that issue while adding some spice to the world at the same time. Some details could be different, but the idea is similar: harder than usual fights against a specific enemy for a greater than usual reward. Enemy fleets should be permanently hostile even despite the player standings with the faction they're fighting (it's easy enough to find an excuse).

Instead of reinforcements spawning from the station, they would come from outside, at a slower pace. Each faction could have a different reward for defeating its station: Hegemony and TT could have AI cores. Persean League could have a colony items, or multiple. Sindrian Diktat could have a stash of Lion's Guard equipment. Luddic Church could have a really good planet.
It would also be nice, if loot or destroying the base would also help you with resolving the respective crisis.

Bungee_man:
I really like this idea. Would give exploration a lot more variety, and there's so much lore pointing to hidden Tri-Tach black sites that it seems strange not to run into one or two. I remember my first run, I stumbled into a Luddic Path base, and used it as a waystation until a mercenary fleet flew in and destroyed it. Running into hidden settlements conducting their own business is a lot of fun, especially if you can sneakily follow fleets out to them.

Wouldn't need it to be an especially big thing - just spawning a few hidden Tri-tach bases on sector start, guarded by mercenary fleets, and receiving the occasional resupply from an unmarked scavenger fleet, would be interesting enough. Systems with enemies that aren't as tough as the remnants, but will burn in to attack him the way Remnant fleets presently don't, and without a prior warning, making exploration more dangerous without a fleet that takes speed into consideration.

Sandor057:
Interesting thought. As is, TT has the Alpha Site and the "scrubbed" site, and also some hints about having more. The Hegemony has Sentinel as a black site equivalent. The Diktat ministries and some League gens could have their own operations running, while the Church could have something safeguarding some kind of tech.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version