Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Metelson Industries 2.0.3 The Sound Update  (Read 33750 times)

Knight Chase

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [0.97a] Metelson Industries 2.0.1 REMASTERED
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2024, 07:58:06 PM »

The Vigil, the Vigilance variant which "packs additional armor", actually has less armor than its base variant; but is faster? I'm assuming the Vigilance was altered somewhere along the line.

Regarding weapon variety; there's a lack of kinetic damage, meaning you'll need to rely on energy weapons and the Kasta for shield cracking. However, there's a dearth of medium energy mounts on the ships that aren't frigates. Larger ships do have plenty of Medium Composite mounts, but there isn't a medium version of the Kasta. Of course, we were always meant to supplement outside weaponry, but it's odd that a faction whose headliners are the Molaris Blaster and Heavy Maser struggle to mount them. Perhaps make the Molaris a hybrid weapon like the mining blaster is now?

hmmmmmmmm

I run a mostly variety stream at
https://www.twitch.tv/knightchasevr
Hope to see you there sometime!
Follow my twitter at https://twitter.com/PanzerCrusader for mod updates. AND JOIN THE #1 GAMER DISCORD AT
http://discord.gg/TfnmXCxJuQ

Knight Chase

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [0.97a] Metelson Industries 2.0.3 The Sound Update
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2024, 10:07:11 PM »

-Updated Vigil to have Vigilance stats, speed reduced to 120 from 130
So the normal vigilance got a big buff, this should make it a tiny bit better and fill the role as the upgraded Metelson Vigilance.
-Added Medium Kasta SRM Pod
Should round out the medium options for Metelson. Normal vanilla selections have heavy autocannon, arbalest, sabot SRM, so this should provide a flux free way of using the composite/missile mounts on Metelson ships.
-Changed Composite Medium mounts on Mantarn-class to Universal.
This should let you use more of the varied options Metelson has in the medium area.
-Changed central medium ballistic turret on Grancursor to Hybrid.
-Changed rear medium ballistic turrets on Gadfar-class to composite.
So, this is gonna let you use a combination of the large hardpoint missile plus rear missiles ideally Kasta SRM pod.
This might be a bit unbalanced but I'll need more feedback. However, this should let the Gadfar-class branch out a tiny bit more.
-Changed Composite Medium mounts on Cringer to Universal.
Also should let you use the energy weapons that Metelson has. This gives the Metelson cruisers a lot of variety for builds.
-Changed Acutor OP to 200 from 180, Changed ship system to Accelerated Ammo Feeder from Acutor Drones, Added one built in bay with Acutor drones, Added in Repair Gantry built-in
This should solidify the Acutor as a long range support vessel/support carrier.
-Changed Articu drone to 5 second refit, changed stats to be more of a Talon analogue, removed advanced optics.
This means its more durable for a deck than system based fighter, less range a bit less speed.
-Added a special haha secret collab ship
I run a mostly variety stream at
https://www.twitch.tv/knightchasevr
Hope to see you there sometime!
Follow my twitter at https://twitter.com/PanzerCrusader for mod updates. AND JOIN THE #1 GAMER DISCORD AT
http://discord.gg/TfnmXCxJuQ

Village

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2024, 10:45:01 PM »

Awesome, excited to try out the medium Kasta SRM Pod and the changes to the Gadfar-class.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2024, 04:09:24 PM »

Personally, I find it hard to kit the Gadfar as anything other than a dakkaboat because of that oh so tasty ammo feeder and overlapping mount arcs.

Similarly, I load the new ship up with Padecs and heavy masers and watch the lightshow. Whether a certain navy would appreciate their peace offering used as a glorified rock breaker? Well...

The Acutor certainly has gotten a new lease on life; but there's still kind of an issue.

With an assortment of easily filled slots and before learning all the fancy hull mods you can just load it up with capacitors/vents and use it as an early game beatstick. It's inevitable that it'll be replaced with something else; whether a more combat capable ship or a support ship with a better logistical profile (like the Stareater that also sports both a salvage and repair gantry at half the maintenance cost). That's just an inevitable part of being an "early game" capital.

However, as a capital, you'll need both a Metelson commission and a Cooperative level relations. With relations being much harder to grind than money, you'll probably get access to better ships long before you can access the acutor; short of finding a severely D-modded version on the black market.

To remedy this, I'd like to suggest the acutor be available on civilian markets (much like the Stareater).

Speaking of markets, I don't know why but the frigates for sale at Metelson ports are almost entirely dominated by Farins. Destroyers are cruisers on offer are varied enough, but outside the rare Vigil and occasional Pala, it's 80-90% Farins..

Sakenyi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2024, 04:31:59 AM »

I've got to say, Metelson's one of the most enjoyable faction mods to have included into my modlist sofar. It's a clean and vanilla-friendly addition that feels natural to the base game.

The Stareater's become a staple ship to have in my fleet (it almost feels a little too good to have a cruiser-sized salvager that doubles as a fuel hauler and still has enough OP to mount the spicy exploration hullmods) and the music when visiting stations is a catchy earworm. And don't get me started on the combat MG, now that thing brings all the dakka fantasies straight into reality.

Massive props to the original creator for laying such a base and to you for taking up the mantle to improve on it and make it playable in 0.97a. I'll be looking forward to further updates to it as they come!

Petra the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2024, 12:45:02 PM »

Well, given my mod has been not mine for some time and I've been going through crap. I will play the mod with my first play of Star-sector in years... And leave a review.  When I can.

Also, I am glad my work has gone to someone who so wholeheartedly supported the original mod.
I'm not spinless, I'm squishy.
Original Mod author of Metelson Industries.
Pages: 1 [2]