Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: 0.97a "Colony threats" spawning dozens of 3-smodded invasion fleets on Cycle 208  (Read 939 times)

Cryovolcanic

• Captain
    • View Profile

I got a "colony threats" warning that Tri-Tach is planning to hire a mercenary force to mess with my colonies. I went to intercept them and found this:

Is this how it's supposed to work? I don't think this is how it's supposed to work. I have no mods installed except SpeedUp Mod. Alex, I can send you the save files if needed.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM by Shade »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you for checking! This looks perfectly correct :) (Nitpick, but these are not "dozens" of fleets, it's around 10 and a bunch of them are quite small.)

I don't want to spoil things, but there are ways of dealing with this that don't involve fighting the fleets all at once, or even at all.

Spoiler
You might try talking to their ops command
[close]

Edit: and, it's also worth noting that the fleets successfully completing their mission is not a game-ender, either.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 03:56:49 PM by Alex »

Cryovolcanic

• Captain
    • View Profile

LOL good to know. I assumed it was a bug and was about to abandon the save.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Tri-Tachyon plays hardball :)

Cryovolcanic

• Captain
    • View Profile

Alex,

Spoiler
I paid them the 2 million bribe, but now the task force is just hanging out west of Hybrasil and not doing anything. They have been there for months flying around in circles and bouncing against a hyperspace storm.

THAT's a bug, right?
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Spoiler
That kinda sounds like a bug, yeah - have they been doing that long? If you send me the save, I'd love to take a look. fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com.
[close]

Candypowers

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Are these 1 time events or can they reoccur?