Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.97a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 202072 times)

giperka

• Ensign
  • i like 400+ su ships, how could you tell?
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96.1a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #345 on: January 13, 2024, 10:13:31 PM »

i've noticed that after saturation bombing a planet, hostile activity doesn't decrease at all. i find that strange. i as a pirate warlord would be scared of the guy that just went and nuked about 8 million people after 3 consecutive bombings. and i was kicking his colonies. oh god

anyone else agree?
RAMMING SPEEEED!
.www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNp5cOXz998

Lowest Hegemon

• Ensign
  • Just ram em with your onslaught that's what you do
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 14, 2024, 01:07:16 AM »

i've noticed that after saturation bombing a planet, hostile activity doesn't decrease at all. i find that strange. i as a pirate warlord would be scared of the guy that just went and nuked about 8 million people after 3 consecutive bombings. and i was kicking his colonies. oh god

anyone else agree?

They're pirates, saturation bombing their planets doesn't make them less prone to kleptomancy, or your trade fleets any less juicier, nor does it make pirates more amiable towards you. Pirates also live horribly and live for whatever scraps they get their hands on so yes a pirate warlord who is living it up might be afraid of you but even if they decide to not attack you there are plenty more pirates who aren't affiliated with said warlord who are very happy with the prospect of eating up some trade fleets, this is shown when you get Kantas protection but nearby pirate bases don't stop adding to the hostile activity metre.
What's reality? I don't know. When my bird was looking at my computer monitor I thought "That bird has no idea what he's looking at." And yet what does the bird do? Does he panic? No, he can't really panic, he just does the best he can. Is he able to live in a world where he's so ignorant? Well, he doesn't really have a choice. The bird is okay even though he doesn't understand the world. You're that bird looking at the monitor, and you're thinking to yourself, I can figure this out. Maybe you have some bird ideas. Maybe that's the best you can do.

Nettle

• Admiral
  • making humorous maneuvers
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 14, 2024, 02:32:54 AM »

You will be able to resolve crises permanently now, so I think it hardly matters. If you want to just get over it - it's in your best interest to trigger them as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 02:35:01 AM by Nettle »

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 14, 2024, 04:15:30 AM »

In about one to three Alex time units.

ah yes understandable thank you captain. in the meantime i shall supervise my colony
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 14, 2024, 10:22:53 AM »

Arguably you shouldn't have an overall relationship with pirates, at least not like how the game currently represents them.  There's always going to be some group that's willing to take their chances with raiding you if you've got stuff to steal.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 14, 2024, 01:15:28 PM »

Decided to replay subnautica while i wait... finished it. Lining up 2 new games to play in hopes that it'll keep me from checking only 3 times a day haha. Making a mod list was a bad idea it only hyped me up more for the new patch.

R4dioS1lence

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 15, 2024, 11:56:10 AM »

anyone else agree?

I would say that it makes sense for each faction to have different reactions to each action, regarding their crisis (which is the way the update is going for, with the new ways faction crisis for each faction are resolved).

Pirates don't care about lives or laws, so saturation bombing would be meaningless while beating them on battle takes more effect.
Tri-Tachyon cares about money, so saturation bombing is just going to turn the economy as some cash in insurance money and trade/produce more materials to rebuild/repopulate (while taking out a trading fleets should hinder them).
Hegemony cares about military power, so saturation bombing would be a bit effective (since it reduces the amount of people they have to throw around), but defeating fleets and attacking military bases would be more effective.
The Persean League and the Independents would have an average reaction. Both Ludds also, probably, but less effective since they can throw the "we need to stand against the demons that did this" card that a religious group would have.
Sindrian Diktat is going to say that no planet was sat bombed and anyone saying otherwise will be thrown in jail.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 15, 2024, 08:13:42 PM »

Check patch notes - its all empty.
Thanks for nothing I guess.

Nettle

• Admiral
  • making humorous maneuvers
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 15, 2024, 08:45:18 PM »

What do you mean its all empty?

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 15, 2024, 10:38:25 PM »

???
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2024, 05:04:37 AM »

Don't see any new ships.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2024, 05:05:37 AM »

There's a new phase cruiser lmao...
Please don't take me too seriously.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 16, 2024, 05:10:05 AM »

Don't see any new ships.

Changes as of January 01, 2024
Ships:
  • Added Wendigo-class phase cruiser: Low Tech, Rugged Construction, Accelerated Ammo Feeder

You're blind?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 16, 2024, 08:03:55 AM »

@Sarissofoi: Rework of the progress bar event thingy system, new endgame* and exploration area, skill changes, AI stuff, reworks, bug fixes, modding stuff and so on. In what reality is that nothing? Not in mine.

E: Ahh, yes, and the new phase cruiser. Anyway, I can only question the intent of your posts itt, I fear good intentions were not the reason. >:(
E2: * See post below.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 08:13:26 AM by Dadada »

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2024, 08:07:15 AM »

new endgame and exploration area
People really are overhypeing themselves with this one. Lower you expectations, it'll be a cool couple of new things and mostly just a spooky area with little going on. There won't be endgame enemies and space aliens.
Please don't take me too seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 99