Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [0.97a] Astral Ascension V1.2.7 - A Mod that Uncaps Colony Size  (Read 92351 times)

BugthePLug

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Astral Ascension V1.2.7 - A Mod that Uncaps Colony Size
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2024, 07:48:16 PM »

The mods and the console commands are broken everytime I try to use them it says market size is already 10, I also tried this with no mods installed except luna lib and lazylib, console commands, is there a way to fix it. Also the console commands are recognized and ingame it says I can reasonably reach 100, however the growth rate even with optimal conditions is 0.1 and console commands dont work as, it does say in the list that I can use console commands up to population 100 but when they are used it gives the message market size 10.

Edit: Wierdly enough when used for a size above 10 it says market size can only be 10 but also adds a secondary condition for whatever size colony I put so they'll be two conditions one saying size 10 another saying size 53 but only the size 10 one will be actually recongized. Is the colony size increase working for anyone else?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 01:18:22 PM by BugthePLug »

Jakened

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2024, 09:29:25 PM »

The mods and the console commands are broken everytime I try to use them it says market size is already 10, I also tried this with no mods installed except luna lib and lazylib, console commands, is there a way to fix it. Also the console commands are recognized and ingame it says I can reasonably reach 100, however the growth rate even with optimal conditions is 0.1 and console commands dont work as, it does say in the list that I can use console commands up to population 100 but when they are used it gives the message market size 10.

Edit: Wierdly enough when used for a size above 10 it says market size can only be 10 but also adds a secondary condition for whatever size colony I put so they'll be two conditions one saying size 10 another saying size 53 but only the size 10 one will be actually recongized. Is the colony size increase working for anyone else?

the console works for me but it only works for the first colony i have
example
colony A i use "astralsetmarketsize 15" command and the planet actually changed to matrioshka world or the planets used by astral
colony B same console command, the size changed but the planet visual dont change and it dont have the astral market condition
been like this since 096

Gg1997

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2024, 04:56:18 AM »

Hello, i dont understand how to increase the colony size. what i have to do?

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2024, 01:08:17 PM »

Are these supposed to increase the number of industry slots? Because it has no effect.

LordGorloj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2024, 01:51:06 PM »

Someone on the Starsector discord made fun of me for using this mod, 10/10.

Re-Search-er

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2024, 02:32:50 PM »

Honestly, I think you should make two separate mods, one with the omega cores, the other with the population uncap.

Wyrdean

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2024, 03:45:42 AM »

A version which caps at ecumenopolis would also be nice, as while I'd like to let my colonies grow larger over the course of the few decades my saves tend to run, getting billions of billions of people on one planet does seem a bit goofy
That being said, that's more just my personal taste, doesn't stop this mod from being a great one

Uther Phobos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2024, 04:11:09 AM »

A version which caps at ecumenopolis would also be nice, as while I'd like to let my colonies grow larger over the course of the few decades my saves tend to run, getting billions of billions of people on one planet does seem a bit goofy
That being said, that's more just my personal taste, doesn't stop this mod from being a great one
You can just edit the mod's settings.json to set the cap lower.

lannnnnnar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2024, 05:11:30 AM »

yo, have you made/included a patch for that issue that's been listed with AOTD's cryosleeper module yet, or would it still remain as best practice to disable that module until further notice? also, how would one make sure to avoid the issue with TASC's station crashes?
I would like to know as well

Zuthen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2024, 08:34:27 PM »

i appreciate the knowledge of Birch World's, never knew such a thing existed. reminds me a bit of mass effects main station or the colony stations in newer gundam series, maybe the game ark as well. yes i know they shy in comparison but i imagine the artwork from those when i think of layered eco systems like that. (talking the k3 version) like others have said in threads i don't think something like that would ever be feasible, even if aliens existed i doubt there would be enough mass or time to create such a thing. maybe ai sentience? either way cool idea's. hey, maybe we all live in the matrix after all. lol. but even then i question the practicality of reaching 100, or better yet the bugs when you get there. is it feasible? sure. you can always build up and down even on a planet. screw the core. look at favela's. would it be nice or healthy in any way? hell no. but feasible yes. but i don't want to tempt the code lords when it comes to such large numbers.

Iwabik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2024, 05:27:48 AM »

Hi, I just wanted to say I'm really liking the idea behind this mod, but sadly the way growth works in the base game makes it hard to fully appreciate it :( Playing with Industrial Evolution gave me an idea - the world symbols there give +10 bonus to growth. Would it be possible to make a structure that gives similar bonuses for this mod? Balancing might be difficult, but if it was REALLY expensive and had penalties, maybe it could work?

Simbach Vazo

• Ensign
  • Professional Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2024, 07:38:02 PM »

yo, have you made/included a patch for that issue that's been listed with AOTD's cryosleeper module yet, or would it still remain as best practice to disable that module until further notice? also, how would one make sure to avoid the issue with TASC's station crashes?
+1
G r o o v yWorking on a little mod, here's the gist of it. Shoot me a message on Discord @simbach.a.vazo if interested.

The_Observer17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2024, 08:22:54 PM »

+1
Been wondering about it as well. I currently have both TASC and AOTD in my campaign, but the desire to increase my colonies' populations to ludicrous amounts has been insidious. Would there be a method to lock the maximum population of TASC's stations to prevent any issues?

The_Observer17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2024, 11:14:37 PM »

+1
Been wondering about it as well. I currently have both TASC and AOTD in my campaign, but the desire to increase my colonies' populations to ludicrous amounts has been insidious. Would there be a method to lock the maximum population of TASC's stations to prevent any issues?
Update: An easy way I've found to deal with the TASC incompatibility is to enable its cramped quarters setting for stations, and to increase its effects to max. As long as nothing somehow counters the 125 stacking growth debuff, all of your space stations should remain relatively vanilla-sized, depending on how you set it.
As for AOTD, I've found that there's a cryosleeper max size in the Lunalib settings which you can raise to a maximum of 100. I haven't been able to test whether or not that fixes the issue yet due to my small colonies atm, but I'll give an update once I do.

oddisz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2024, 07:28:25 PM »

I wish there was a late-game industry that supercharges your pop growth to even see the main feature of this game without cheats. As of now, starting out with a colony size 10 from AotD's cryosleeper option (and reviving ARK people) it still takes like 30 years to grow to 11....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7