Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] Astral Ascension V1.2.7 - A Mod that Uncaps Colony Size  (Read 67272 times)

vaarelsauce

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Astral Ascension V1.2.6 - A Mod that Uncaps Colony Size
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2024, 11:02:23 AM »

Great mod! But I would recommend integrating new ways to help increase colony growth (esp. past size 10) to really showcase the awesome impact that this mod has.
Perhaps a fourth Omega-core bonus option to increase colony growth?
Or quest (one-time/repeatable) to gain a population-improving item(s)?
Or an infrastructure that plays a similar role?
Or perhaps an option when talking to a planet administrator, to "drop X amount of space crews + supplies" to bolster current population count?
Or a temporary colony growth-increasing (yet expensive) option accessible on said planet, via the dialogue menu?

Because as it currently stands, my colony is growing at less than <1% population per year, even with all the colony-growth improvements & infrastructures (non-vanillas) on full blast. It would take possibly hundred of years to even reach size 12, essentially impossible to do so in a single playthrough unless cheat commands are involved.

Sincronic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2024, 10:57:17 AM »

is it normal i cant see growth on colony info? i see it like:
Colony Size      Growth
       10               ---
But on intel it shows 10(+4%) so i guess it's working, but it's hard to figure growth like this

boang30

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2024, 08:48:17 AM »

I am not sure if it has been discussed yet but i hope this mod also increases the building cap as well on a planet with like with orbital stations in the future. Better yet layers on the planet like Coruscant in Star Wars

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2024, 09:46:56 AM »

I am not sure if it has been discussed yet but i hope this mod also increases the building cap as well on a planet with like with orbital stations in the future. Better yet layers on the planet like Coruscant in Star Wars
There's Grand.Colonies for that already.

Drathor

• Ensign
  • A watcher of the "Green Line" going up
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2024, 03:43:32 PM »

A question for once everything is updated to 0.97. Will this mod play nice with Industrial.Evolution, Better Colonies, Grand.Colonies and DIY Planets? They are the mods I used in prior versions for my colonial ambitions. (Presumably,) One of these guys already lets you use the Omega Core as an admin so hopefully the admin skills for Omega in this and whichever mod the Omega Cores I used are from either don't conflict or merge (making it even more dumb strong).
Constantly pushing the limits of games and my computer.

Planetace

• Ensign
  • Currently suffering from "Big Number" Syndrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2024, 10:33:16 AM »

SNIP
It'll just be a very simple update, just patches the version (I'm waiting till all the hotfixes die down), for compatibility the aforementioned mods don't seem to break Astral Ascension from my own play-testing. For now, you can go into the mod_info json and change the version that way, it should work fine from what I've seen of 0.97.
Hey, while you're here, why not try out my mod - Astral Ascension, a mod that uncaps colony size limit.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2024, 10:07:55 PM »

SNIP
It'll just be a very simple update, just patches the version (I'm waiting till all the hotfixes die down), for compatibility the aforementioned mods don't seem to break Astral Ascension from my own play-testing. For now, you can go into the mod_info json and change the version that way, it should work fine from what I've seen of 0.97.

After the hotfixes  had been finished in 0.97a could you atleast remove the shard spawner  from player owned Doritos Ship in [SUPER REDACTED] market so the player will not softlock and break the game ? Thank you.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2024, 10:08:16 PM »

Good day! :D

SectorFarer_37?

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2024, 01:39:57 PM »

Does anyone know how to manually set the appearance and descs of the astral market sizes? Some of my planets aren't updating to reflect the massive market sizes and I really don't like it.

qwe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2024, 05:09:29 PM »

i love the idea of Omega Cores dropping, and colony sizes 11 to 100 is insane. is there a draw back or negative effects when having Omega Cores and colony sizes increase past 11?

iNOMAD

• Ensign
  • Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2024, 05:46:50 PM »

i love the idea of Omega Cores dropping, and colony sizes 11 to 100 is insane. is there a draw back or negative effects when having Omega Cores and colony sizes increase past 11?

so far as I know there aren't any, I can only feel the OPness of my faction

bob2040

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2024, 06:23:02 PM »

Are There any way to manually quick fix for Omega Ai, since it have 10/9 combat skill before fully integrated to 11/10 combat skill at full integration
Right now I've taken a break from modding (I have other Projects to work on), so my best advice is to use Console Commands to add the skills manually to the Omega Core Administrator.
wait you can console command skills to omega core admins?

so how to change/add skill use console command?

moyashii

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2024, 01:11:10 PM »

Hey! Awesome mod. Are there any known incompatibilities? I have a pretty extensive modlist, including Industrial Revolution and Ashes of the Domain (which are the only ones I could fathom having any issues), and my colonies seem to stop growing at size 10. I did a quick look through the files and didn't see any settings I could change to make them go past that. There is no growth bar progress or anything indicating that it's growing as far as I can tell either. The tooltip also says it's reached max growth.

igricru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2024, 12:36:03 AM »

Strange, almost lore friendly crash, putting omega core on eventide crashes the gameXD

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2024, 04:30:15 AM »

Hey! Awesome mod. Are there any known incompatibilities? I have a pretty extensive modlist, including Industrial Revolution and Ashes of the Domain (which are the only ones I could fathom having any issues), and my colonies seem to stop growing at size 10. I did a quick look through the files and didn't see any settings I could change to make them go past that. There is no growth bar progress or anything indicating that it's growing as far as I can tell either. The tooltip also says it's reached max growth.
Possibly Cryosleeper module of AotD, since that also changes colony growth options. ind.evo shouldn't be doing anything to my knowledge.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6