Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha  (Read 22893 times)

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.4.1-alpha
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2023, 11:26:37 AM »

Yes! More space horrors is exactly what this game needed!

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2023, 01:14:59 AM »

ey, did u remove the ability to retreat against them? *snip
No, I did not. Must be some other mod doing that

I feel like the damage share ability some of the void creatures have may be a bit overtuned. *snip
Agreed, I keep getting reports about it.
Either I'll have to tell the AI to avoid the Embolist when that ability is active or change it somehow. I'll think of something
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2023, 06:13:49 AM »

how is your starwhale rescue spawner coded? i've not seen a single one of those encounters since i updated after my comment about liking the whales, but have seen the voidlings

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2023, 08:11:42 AM »

how is your starwhale rescue spawner coded? i've not seen a single one of those encounters since i updated after my comment about liking the whales, but have seen the voidlings
Thanks for letting me know!

I've been collecting complaints and bug reports for a while now and I'll try to push an update next week month or so with fixes for Embolist ship system that shares damage and more time to save whales from Voidlings
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 12:28:08 AM by Tecrys »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2023, 07:49:57 PM »

Hi! Got a weird crash from this combined with, of all things, Officer Extension. Should be fixed in their side of things, but suggests that there's something potentially problematic going on in Symbiotic Void Creatures, too.

Original stack trace:
Code
292725 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at officerextension.FleetListener.reportShownInteractionDialog(FleetListener.java:37)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportShowInteractionDialog(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.showInteractionDialog(Unknown Source)
at tecrys.svc.world.notifications.NotificationBase.showNotification(NotificationBase.kt:20)
at tecrys.svc.world.notifications.NotificationBase.showIfRequested(NotificationBase.kt:28)
at tecrys.svc.world.notifications.NotificationShower.advance(NotificationShower.kt:61)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
And the mod dev's reply over there:
Thanks for the report, looking at it I see the only way this could happen is if a fleet's getBattle is not null but getBattle().getOtherSideCombined is null. Seems like an odd crash... could it be that the fleet you were fighting against didn't exist or didn't have any ships?

I'll add some additional null checks, though I suspect this is some funky mod fleet. What exactly is tecrys?

Edit: if you're still getting the crash try downloading the latest jar from the github repo and let me know if that fixes it, here: https://github.com/qcwxezda/Starsector-Officer-Extension/tree/main/jars
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.4.2-alpha
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2023, 02:00:36 AM »

0.4.2-alpha release (save compatible)

- fixed a crash caused by shipsystem AIs
- drastically nerved Parasumbilical Cord and Parry shipsystems
- adjusted fleet points for better combat auto-resolve
- Whale event should now last long enough for player to intervene

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2023, 10:03:17 PM »

Yay, I'm gonna go save some whales.

Alluvian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2023, 06:13:17 AM »

Wonderful mod! Just tried it out on a new playthrough. Happily exploring the areas outside the core worlds... and then saw the event. To borrow the phrase from the Dwarf Fortress community: (sometimes) Loosing is Fun. Was a great introduction to the mod. Going to try the custom Bugmaster start sometime soon.

John Starsector

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2023, 11:53:15 AM »

I think it would be great if there was an option to have an AI core officer for these creatures rather than human officers.
I really want to use them as support ships for my normal fleet but putting human officers on these creature ships is a really big waste compared to normal ships and it's just not worth it.
On the other hand having a gamma core as an officer would fit them perfectly.
(p.s. I was really surprised the first time I had these ships, having a human officer "polite" these ships just seems odd...)

Lore vise it could be said that the AI cores use the collars, and the AI ship limitation system that's already in the game would also serve to show why you couldn't just flood the sector with these creatures, since these are dangerous monsters and keeping them under control is difficult, especially in great numbers.

Pagan Pope

• Ensign
  • Local lobster smuggler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2023, 05:36:13 AM »

Hello, seems mod has some problems whit substance abuse, as it causes crash when both mods are enabled at same time

52223 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at tecrys.svc.plugins.substanceabuse.LoadSubstanceAbuseKt.loadSubstanceAbuse(loadSubstanceAbuse.kt:17)
    at tecrys.svc.SvcBasePlugin.onApplicationLoad(SvcBasePlugin.kt:65)
    at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Wish you luck whit fixing this crash in future

Tecrys

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2023, 08:10:03 AM »

Hello, seems mod has some problems whit substance abuse, as it causes crash when both mods are enabled at same time *snip

This bug has been fixed a while ago, please make sure your mods are up to date.

Fallenslav

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2023, 10:44:21 PM »

Do I understand correctly that there is no other way to get new ships besides hunting? If that's the case, why not try to make a dialogue with a patrol that allows you to take their creatures to them.
And another question. What is that script that prevents you from taking more than one alpha creature in a fleet?

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2023, 06:20:42 AM »

Do I understand correctly that there is no other way to get new ships besides hunting? If that's the case, why not try to make a dialogue with a patrol that allows you to take their creatures to them.
And another question. What is that script that prevents you from taking more than one alpha creature in a fleet?
There might be a way to get voidling besides hunting them. I got a building blueprint relating to voidlings but haven't tried it yet.

Fallenslav

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2023, 03:36:32 AM »

There might be a way to get voidling besides hunting them. I got a building blueprint relating to voidlings but haven't tried it yet.
Voidlings Hatch spams small voidling patrols and nothing more.

DesperatePeter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2023, 06:32:05 AM »

Do I understand correctly that there is no other way to get new ships besides hunting?

Hi Fallenslav!

As of now, you have to defeat hunter fleets to gain the ability to salvage voidlings. There is a way to gain a single blueprint for building your own voidlings, if you finish the magicbounty quest chain.

If that's the case, why not try to make a dialogue with a patrol that allows you to take their creatures to them.
Hmm, I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by this. Do you mean there should be a way to "talk" to voidling fleets to "gift" them voidling ships in your fleet?
If so, I'm not really sure if that makes sense lore-wise. You are not really supposed to be able to peacefully interact with wild voidling fleets.

It's a hullmod. You can find the code here.

There's actually two different kinds of blueprint you can get, one by finishing the hunter quest chain (which gives you the building blueprint) and another by finishing the magic bounty quest chain.
I will add, though, that, as this is still in alpha, both of those are still kind of unfinished and probably not all that useful. We will almost certainly improve them in a future update =)

Voidlings Hatch spams small voidling patrols and nothing more.
Yup! As of now, it only spawns fleets to protect the system it was built in. Which, to be honest, probably isn't super useful most of the time.
But we will probably add something to that building in the future (maybe producing a small quantity of void chitin per month. But given that void chitin is currently only useful if you also use the Exotica mod, we probably would also have to add another use for void chitin^^ If you have any interesting ideas, feel free to suggest them =)).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6