Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] More consistent use of Esc to leave dialogue  (Read 241 times)

Vyn

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
[0.96a-RC10] More consistent use of Esc to leave dialogue
« on: July 06, 2023, 11:04:14 PM »

Before the introduction of bar missions, most of the in game dialogue options with NPCs would have a leave/decline option with Esc as its hotkey. That was very nice, because most dialogue was repetitive in nature, and this helped player get on with things quickly by just smashing the Esc key.

Since bar missions were introduced however, the newer dialogue options are often missing this nice feature. Getting into one of the longer bar mission dialogues can be really annoying, because you are literally trapped in the interface and unable to escape unless you carefully read each option and figure out which one will get you out of the conversation.

For repeating dialogue like those in bar missions, why not just set Esc as the hotkey for the safe leave/decline option? Having to tip toe your way around bar mission dialogue so you do not accidentally accept the wrong mission is really unnecessarily stressful and time consuming for players. Please consider putting Esc hotkeys into bar mission dialogue trees so they can be navigated quickly.

Jang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] More consistent use of Esc to leave dialogue
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 10:44:14 AM »

I'd like to second this suggestion. I often wish I could just hit escape to move on from every dialogue since I've already read them but still need to look for the right number to hit each time. It'd be a much appreciated qol change!