Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Questline: Infinity  (Read 272 times)

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Questline: Infinity
« on: June 05, 2023, 01:44:56 AM »

The idea is simple

A quest line that takes place in a single system, upon entering the system the player is LOCKED inside of that system and all attempts at leaving are met with time resetting to an earlier point, specifically the point where the player first entered the system, technically the quest can't force a game over or a hard lock as the place features supplies you can purchase and/or pilfer

As you go through the quest you wind up having to decipher WHY you're stuck in that time loop and find a way to prevent the events leading to the time loop from taking place

Bonus points if the end of the quest provides a suitably meaty reward...maybe a unique variant of the Odyssee ? I dunno feels like it could add in a pinch of lovecraftian horror if done well

TauCetiRedGuard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Questline: Infinity
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 02:53:34 PM »

I like this notion. Maybe have each loop reset the supply count to before entering the system or have it paused will inside. Feels like a good way to expand on the 'Music' the PC hears in certain other questlines.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 05:35:27 PM »

Deathloop With Fleets, lol.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 11:16:04 PM »

It's like Star Trek: TNG episode Cause and Effect, kind of. I approve of this and exploration quests paralleling all other episodes.
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge