Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I got Splattercat (835K Subscribers) to showcase Starsector again!  (Read 1495 times)

Sendrien

• Captain
    • View Profile

Two weeks ago, on one of Splattercat's videos, he mentioned things were quiet in terms of upcoming games. So I went into his Discord, plugged Starsector and mentioned the huge new update.

When I checked my Youtube feed today, I was pleasantly surprised to see his video of Starsector: link here.

He is a big fan of the game, and has showcased it twice before on his channel, but this would be the first time he's uploaded a playthrough since his channel exploded.

--

Alex, if you read this, your game has entertained me all through the years, and I've loved every update. Thank you. I hope this helps you promote Starsector in some minor way!

Screech9791

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: I got Splattercat (835K Subscribers) to showcase Starsector again!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 02:48:24 PM »

that sunder loadout makes me feel genuine agony

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 03:49:33 PM »

Alex, if you read this, your game has entertained me all through the years, and I've loved every update. Thank you. I hope this helps you promote Starsector in some minor way!

<3

This video was such an awesome thing to see this morning!

Sendrien

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 05:30:17 PM »

that sunder loadout makes me feel genuine agony

Yes, that Sunder build gives me anxiety.  ;D

Sendrien

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 05:33:29 PM »

<3

This video was such an awesome thing to see this morning!

I don't know if you're familiar with his content, but it's rare to hear him praise a game so unreservedly. He really enjoys this game! He also gives some feedback around the middle of the video, in case you're interested.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2023, 10:54:40 PM »

Oh man I love Splattercat, I bought a lot of games he showed. From what I can tell he usually plays the game for an hour or so, and then does a video on it, fresh player's perspective let's say. Which works great for some games, not so much for others. I was immediately glad he didn't start the video from the tutorial like before, as that imo poorly showcases the game. But watching the whole thing yesterday I got very confused. He played this three time (at least) and invested time in this one, yet it seems he doesn't know what's he doing, and I'm not trying to be rude by dissing the ship fits. I'm saying about general game knowledge where he either stated something false, talked about things that aren't even in the game and missed important information.

I was so bothered by the 2 hullmods in the inventory that weren't yet learned, he obviously didn't want to sell them and the game tells you to right click them in the inventory.

He praised the system of acquiring missions through intel because that way you're not spending your precious resources and time. Does he even know about contacts? Hell I didn't even see him go into a bar.

"You can establish trade routes with colonies" - me thinks he got mixed up with another game.

Mentioned d-mods and how you get them, and just said they're permanent, oh well time to get new ships. Didn't mention that you can restore such ships back to pristine.

I could go on but my point is we were spoiled by Sseth. I'm always happy when a bigger name praises my favourite game but dear god was Sseth's video BY FAR the best showcase this game ever got. I really hope he'll revisit the game one day, basically do the same video with new stuff. At least for 1.0 if he's still around by then.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Sparrow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2023, 12:19:07 AM »

Ah, so he was blackmailed into showcasing it again.  Interesting.   ;D

aerosolninja

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2023, 07:45:20 PM »

It was nice to see SplatterCat's video on Starsector as I personally became aware and fell in love with this game from the previous video he did.

My god though, is he ever bad at the game lol!

Sparrow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2023, 07:11:12 AM »

I noticed Splatter was trying to be subtle when he mentioned the UI and about how he tried to stay away from it.  I can see his what he was hinting about now.  The UI, the interface is a bit of a nightmare in Star sector.  Many unnecessary clicks, many screens that could have been one.  The word 'Clunky' comes to mind.  Maybe they will give it some love one day.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2023, 07:16:25 AM »

"There is something wrong with your game" is not as helpful as it sounds.

MrCableTek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2023, 06:34:26 PM »

This is actually why I'm here. I'm glad he did that video. Can't really go wrong for $15 and it looks fun!

dik1337

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2023, 07:25:20 AM »

This is actually why I'm here. I'm glad he did that video. Can't really go wrong for $15 and it looks fun!
I actually found this game through one of Splat's earlier videos and it's quickly grown to become one of my favorites. Insane replay value for $15, especially if you get into modding. This community is great for questions/discussion about your playthrough as well!

Damexius

• Ensign
  • Work on progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2023, 08:53:15 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Levnil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2023, 06:48:47 PM »

"I won't tell you what this redacted fleet is."

Several seconds later -

"Goodbye killer robots!"

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2023, 08:10:39 PM »

"I won't tell you what this redacted fleet is."

Several seconds later -

"Goodbye killer robots!"

Every youtuber's weakness... remembering what you said 5 seconds ago.
TL;DR deez nuts