Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SCP  (Read 8932 times)

Hardlyjoking67

• Captain
  • I'm a different kind of buddy.
    • View Profile
Re: SCP
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 03:58:36 PM »

Upgradecap lured me over to the SCP site last night and I am so *** right now. It was probably one of the scariest things I have read in a long time. And I read a lot.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 01:40:04 AM »

Upgradecap lured me over to the SCP site last night and I am so *** right now. It was probably one of the scariest things I have read in a long time. And I read a lot.

I'm sorry that it's seriously getting to you. :( However, I hope you'll take some partial solace in how very well-written it is. That helps dull the edge of the worst of the horror for me.

Don't read this one until daylight.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 01:49:12 AM »

Oh come now, this stuff isn't scary, its fun!

You should have seen the stuff I grew up with, the movies I was allowed to see gave me nightmares throe out my whole childhood. These days I'm immune to all the stuff. (except for jump-scares, those will always be able to get to you)

Looking back on all that stuff is actually funny, most of it was really crappy but you just never realized it. Take the movie IT for example, scary as a kid, laughable to an adult.

Some day you'll laugh at all this stuff and see just how silly it all is.

Until then, sweet dreams.  ::)

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 03:28:24 PM »

I'm fairly resistant to jump-scares, gore and blatant horror and such. But SCP scares me to death, I fear for my life on a sunny day in a bright room with other people nearby.

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 04:11:15 AM »

I read this a while ago, kind of reminds me of SCP
<<link removed>>

Please don't post shock content.
--Ivaylo
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:52:00 AM by Ivaylo »

D0vahkiin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 10:25:23 AM »

I love the SCP wiki, thanks for reminding me of it :) Some of these entries are great, it's an easy way to pass time quickly :p

Dorfs R Fun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 07:21:03 PM »

I can't stop reading this stuff, very cool.

Psycho Society

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »

SCP makes a pretty good game. It is buggy though, 157 always ends up bugging out through rooms and ***. There's also an SCP-87 game that's a little different. Play it at night, it's fun.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 03:23:18 PM »

I'm sorry that it's seriously getting to you. :( However, I hope you'll take some partial solace in how very well-written it is. That helps dull the edge of the worst of the horror for me.

Don't read this one until daylight.

I'm not sure if you mean that this is frightening, I could read a fair ton of that kind of stuff pretty easily, without getting close to being scared.

Guess that's what you kinda get when you read into the very dark parts of Warhammer 40K lore.

EDIT: I read that at about midnight, wasn't scared. Walked downstairs in pitch black without being able to see anything, wasn't scared.
The scariest part of that adventure was missing a step.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:34:39 AM by X4R3H »
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.
Pages: 1 [2]